***Official NY JETS Waiver Wire Signing Thread ***

joewilly12

56 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

He went 1 for 4 in fg attempts for the Vikings. I think this is a good pickup for the Jets. The kid has a strong leg, every kicker goes through some struggles at times. I’m glad we are giving him a shot.

I agree with this. All kickers have off games, yet the mentality in the NFL is to instantly dumb them

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'd think he'd be the most likely.  Holding 9 DLinemen and trying to keep a straight face while saying we're predominantly a 3-4 defense is getting difficult.

I don't know how much more evidence some of you need to realize we are now a base 4-3 defense. Williams has run the 4-3 his whole career, why would he change now? That being said I can see a bunch of new looks from him this year. But make no mistake, we are fast tracking to the 4-3 and I'm glad.

• Upvote 1

Sorry if repeat, but concise. If accurate?

Here are eight players who have cleared waivers and landed on the Jets’ practice squad:

• RB Josh Adams - waived by Eagles (confirmed to NJ Advance Media)
  • OL Calvin Anderson - waived/confirmed by Jets
  • OL Ben Braden - waived/confirmed by Jets
  • OL Kyron Brown - waived/confirmed by Jets
  • QB Luke Falk - waived/confirmed by Jets
  • RB/WR Valentine Holmes - waived/confirmed by Jets
  • LB Jamey Mosley - waived/confirmed by Jets
  • WR Jeff Smith - waived/confirmed by Jets

The Jets still have four spots remaining on their practice squad. But, the NFL limits teams to just four non-rookie practice squad players. The Jets already have three players in that category – Adams, Braden and Falk. So, they can only sign one more veteran player to the practice squad, if they choose.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Sorry if repeat, but concise. If accurate?

Here are eight players who have cleared waivers and landed on the Jets’ practice squad:

• RB Josh Adams - waived by Eagles (confirmed to NJ Advance Media)
  • OL Calvin Anderson - waived/confirmed by Jets
  • OL Ben Braden - waived/confirmed by Jets
  • OL Kyron Brown - waived/confirmed by Jets
  • QB Luke Falk - waived/confirmed by Jets
  • RB/WR Valentine Holmes - waived/confirmed by Jets
  • LB Jamey Mosley - waived/confirmed by Jets
  • WR Jeff Smith - waived/confirmed by Jets

The Jets still have four spots remaining on their practice squad. But, the NFL limits teams to just four non-rookie practice squad players. The Jets already have three players in that category – Adams, Braden and Falk. So, they can only sign one more veteran player to the practice squad, if they choose.

Good that kyron is on ps. Shocked they choose Mosley over Burgess.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Apache 51 said:

Interesting tidbit right here.   It could limit who they bring in (e.g., Deontey Burney or Middleton or someone else's veteran).

• Upvote 1