***Official NY JETS Waiver Wire Signing Thread ***

joewilly12

Just now, ElBarrioJets said:

Not gonna lie, don't understand picking up another DL, a slot receiver, a safety and a guy just as inconsistent as Bertolet.

It is a little odd. Bennett Jackson can play CB too though. Berrios is a Gase style receiver - he loves those little quick guys.

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

Now lets see who the corresponding cuts are.

Bertolet will be 1.  Qvale will probably move to IR.  Not going to keep 9 DL; so I assume 1 DL will be cut.

And I will probably get killed for this, but maybe Dortch is released to make room for Berrios.  Both the same type of player.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I remember when everyone was upset we didn't give up a 5th to land vedvik who was going to solve our kicker problems.

Jets have handled this well - they worked out guys, and claimed a guy they like. They can have a look at Vedvik this week, and move for a guy like Parkey if they need to.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Does that mean we are done? Who got Spense or did we not bother because of his wages or something?

Disappointed if we don't come away with a taller receiver - need someone to play in redzone first month of season.

Wow. I hear he didn't get claimed - maybe that means we can negotiate a new deal for him and give a shot?