Dortch waived

CTJetsFan

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Berrios offers more athleticism, more seasoning as an offensive player, and the ability to do more on specials.

i only agree w/ the bold from what I have seen of both....

that being said, am rooting for Berrios to be AT LEAST as good at PR RIGHT  AWAY...

and to catch whatever he can if n there...

Dortch will go into Jets lore as one of those favorites who we'll never know how truly great/horrible he would have been.  The mystery adds to his legend.  That tip-toe, stop-and-go punt return in preseason will be referred to forever of what he could have been.  So will his fumble and muffed punt.
He's the next David Clowney, Brooks Bollinger, etc.  A guy that a small but vocal group of Jets fans clamored for, but the rest of the NFL may not want.  Put me in the category of wanting Dortch the Torch! ($0.05).

I love Dortch the Torch!!!!

He is better than all of those guys. The big difference is that they had the physical tools but were unable to put in the effort. Torch is stigmatized due to his size but is out to prove the world wrong with effort and desire!!!

He’s got a real shot.... especially cuz we just signed him back to the PS!’

Dortch the Torch
Dortch the Torch
Dortch the Torch

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I believe they still have one more spot on the PS and it is open to non-rookies.  

Player
# Pos HT WT Age Exp College
Josh Adams
  RB 2-Jun 225 22 2 Notre Dame
Calvin Anderson
76 T 5-Jun 300 23 R Texas
Ben Braden
69 OL 6-Jun 329 25 2 Michigan
Kyron Brown
40 CB 1-Jun 195 23 R Akron
Ian Bunting
  TE 7-Jun 255 23 R California
Greg Dortch
2 WR 7-May 173 21 R Wake Forest
Luke Falk
8 QB 4-Jun 215 24 2 Washington State
Valentine Holmes
39 RB/WR 1-Jun 200 24 1 No College
Jamey Mosley
49 LB 5-Jun 248 23 R Alabama
Jeff Smith
9 WR 1-Jun 195 22 R Boston College

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

BUT WHO ON THE PRACTICE SQUAD DID WE (SNIFF SNIFF) CUUUUT???

BUNTING?  IS IT BUNTING?  TELL ME NO.  TELL ME ITS NOT BUNTING.

SAR I

Folks don't know you......but I can tell you are happy as anyone about the Jets chances this year now that we have Darnold and seemingly competent coaching!

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Folks don't know you......but I can tell you are happy as anyone about the Jets chances this year now that we have Darnold and seemingly competent coaching!

A franchise QB and competent coaching.  Two years ago that would have seemed like an opium-fueled hallucination.

2 hours ago, slats said:

No one is arguing the value of versatility, but if Player A’s total sum of versatility is less than Player B’s singular contribution, then Player B should make the team. 

We’re now left to hope that Barrios brings more to the table than Dortch, that’s all. 

In a vacuum I would agree with you....

But on an NFL roster you typically have about 26 back up spots. Then considering injuries you must have versatility in order to make the team. I'm happy Dortch got a spot on the practice squad, but in this training camp he was nothing more than a one trick pony. He made a few nice moves in punt returns. That's it and that simply isn't good enough to make the team.

And I GUARANTEE you whoever is the official punt returner will be far more valuable to the offense AND the ST as well. Unless you think the HC and GM are a couple of dingbats right off the Mac block, I would think you would support this?

34 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

In a vacuum I would agree with you....

But on an NFL roster you typically have about 26 back up spots. Then considering injuries you must have versatility in order to make the team. I'm happy Dortch got a spot on the practice squad, but in this training camp he was nothing more than a one trick pony. He made a few nice moves in punt returns. That's it and that simply isn't good enough to make the team.

And I GUARANTEE you whoever is the official punt returner will be far more valuable to the offense AND the ST as well. Unless you think the HC and GM are a couple of dingbats right off the Mac block, I would think you would support this?

neither one has one pro snap... if they feel berrios is the better prospect cos he spent a ps season and gase likes him, that's fine...the proof will be in the pudding one way or the other.. guarantee? funny.

14 hours ago, nycdan said:

I believe they still have one more spot on the PS and it is open to non-rookies.  

Player
# Pos HT WT Age Exp College
Josh Adams
  RB 2-Jun 225 22 2 Notre Dame
Calvin Anderson
76 T 5-Jun 300 23 R Texas
Ben Braden
69 OL 6-Jun 329 25 2 Michigan
Kyron Brown
40 CB 1-Jun 195 23 R Akron
Ian Bunting
  TE 7-Jun 255 23 R California
Greg Dortch
2 WR 7-May 173 21 R Wake Forest
Luke Falk
8 QB 4-Jun 215 24 2 Washington State
Valentine Holmes
39 RB/WR 1-Jun 200 24 1 No College
Jamey Mosley
49 LB 5-Jun 248 23 R Alabama
Jeff Smith
9 WR 1-Jun 195 22 R Boston College

I'd like to see Middleton brought back for that last spot, or possibly Burnett if we want another WR on there.

Not sure about the others ... but as far as I was concerned Dortsh was the best PR on out roster throughout TC & Preseason

... never thought he was all-pro ... just thought he was better than Cannon & others who had been in our roster

Know nothing about Berrios .. pysched if he’s better than Dortsh

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived