The bye week off topic thread

Maxman

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Heres another one.  Denver defense.  Vic Fangio, von miller, bradley chubb.

The team has 0 sacks on the season.  I repeat, 3 games with those pass rushers and as a team, they have zero sacks in 3 games.

Fangio should be fired.  Thats unacceptable.

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Heres another one.  Denver defense.  Vic Fangio, von miller, bradley chubb.

The team has 0 sacks on the season.  I repeat, 3 games with those pass rushers and as a team, they have zero sacks in 3 games.

Fangio should be fired.  Thats unacceptable.

I don’t have a clue what Elway is doing there with Flacco...

I think the D will figure it out, but that team isn’t going anywhere...

41 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

So the first three weeks of the season have been a disaster. The Jets are taking the week off, maybe we should to.

How about we all take a break from talking about Gase, the offense, Darnold and his mono, etc? It’s been getting crazy here with guys wanting to fire the HC and/or GM after 3 games. Everyone is frustrated, and rightfully so.I think by now most of us realize the only thing we have to look forward to is Darnold coming back and showing us whether he’s the guy to build this franchise around. If he is, we’re going to be fine, if he isn’t this team will be a disaster. We won’t know a thing until he’s back on the field though.

In the meantime, unless there is major news regarding the team this week, let’s make this our “bye” week also No Jets talk, but anything else goes. Other teams, players, HCs... whatever NFL topic  you want to talk about.

Lets just make this thread a Jets Free zone for the rest of the week. 

Maybe it’s time to take my Jets hole in 1 ball out of the case and tee it up this Sunday!  AFter I got my hole in 1, I saved  the ball. Par 3, 165 over the water... screw it, if I lose it in the water, Jets suck, if I hit the green, @SAR I is right. 

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Maybe it’s time to take my Jets hole in 1 ball out of the case and tee it up this Sunday!  AFter I got my hole in 1, I saved  the ball. Par 3, 165 over the water... screw it, if I lose it in the water, Jets suck, if I hit the green, @SAR I is right. 

Do it!

i knew this would eventually turn into a golf thread.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Screw that, keep the ball man, sar is nuts, he can’t believe half of... wait no Jets talk. lol.. 

Speaking of golf, how have you been playing? I had about the best month and a half I’ve ever had, but now the magic is gone. I’m doing the one good, one bad round thing, and it’s driving me crazy.

One day the wedges, next day it’s the putter... very frustrating.

@JiF wassup with your game, buddy?

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

What do you guys think of Kyler Murray so far?

I’m impressed, and I think the HC is going to build an O around him the way Harbaugh did with Jackson.

The whole system has already been built around him.  They drafted him specifically for the system.

He is very accurate but lots of short passes.  They are another team that needs to spend the offseason improving the oline.

Jets, browns and cards are going to be scavenging for oline in the draft/free agency.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

The whole system has already been built around him.  They drafted him specifically for the system.

He is very accurate but lots of short passes.  They are another team that needs to spend the offseason improving the oline.

Jets, browns and cards are going to be scavenging for oline in the draft/free agency.

I mis spoke, I know he installed his system, I should have said he need to get the type of players who fit it.

11 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Noooooo

That sucker should be mounted on displayed on the fireplace mantle. It's a once in a lifetime thing … like the Jets winning a Super Bowl

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, slats said:

Wednesday is my last day at work. Heading down to apartment hunt in Puerto Morelos in November. Have a lot of **** to do between now and then. So, of course, I'm procrastinating in this thread and elsewhere. 

Just spent 10 days in Polanco, Mexico City, friggin fantastic. San Miguel as well. How did you get the bug to Go There? 

5 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

Its more than subliminal encouragement!  I went to the bucs vs giants game on sunday with a bunch of people(both of my brothers are giants fans).  While I was waiting online for some loaded nachos 2 trashy women started getting in each others face leading to pushing and shoving, husband of one jumped in to hold the other back. the wife used this opportunity to grab a full beer off the register area and throw it on the other lady.  That was when it got real with the women throwing haymakers with the husband in the middle. De-escalated to the cops coming and letting the lady who threw the beer go while the other is yelling that she wanted to press charges for assault.  After that didn't work she stood there for another couple minutes yelling at the worker to get their manager and screaming that she wanted to speak to a representative. 

Made me think of this board and I think it was @T0mShane that summed up tampa stadium as a bunch of toothless trash smoking cigarettes because, yes, they were both missing a minimum of 1 tooth each...

OK BUT HOW WERE THE NACHOS?

On 9/24/2019 at 12:49 AM, Maxman said:

GOB is back!  lol....

The night crew in the house. Someone get Smizzy and Alk. Wait, what?

I could have sworn we had a Night Crew thread once upon a time around...then again I had no gray hair.

Seems like just yesterday I was at an IHOP in northern New Jersey

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Hmmm. I speak very good Spanish, level C1. never been to El Salvador. 

mexico many times, Spain. El Salvador safe? 

Is El Salvador safe? The short answer is no. Depending on where of course. 

Jif & Slats are braver than I am but probably much more knowledgeable than I am of the safe zones. The various MS gangs originate from there. This new president is doing a great job trying to quash them but it is a daunting task.

Honduras was the murder capital of the world a short while ago but of course there are safe areas there as well. 

Sounds like a great plan to retire there or somewhere similar. Costa Rica anyone?

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I have a friend who lives there and he says he's never coming back here. 

Lives off a decent pension like a king and there are a lot people from the USA living there. 

Yeah over on the pacific side is awesome. We had a place in the hills above los suenos but sold it a while back. We're splitting our time between here (8 months) & Blue ridge mts near blowing rock NC (4 months)

Nothing beats ziplining thru the rainforest. Best zipline experience ever

2 hours ago, joewilly said:

Yeah over on the pacific side is awesome. We had a place in the hills above los suenos but sold it a while back. We're splitting our time between here (8 months) & Blue ridge mts near blowing rock NC (4 months)

Nothing beats ziplining thru the rainforest. Best zipline experience ever

Hey zip it up buddy nobody needs to know what you do in the woods alone.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Hey zip it up buddy nobody needs to know what you do in the woods alone.

lol I've gained confidence and don't even do it alone anymore. My  court date is Tuesday.

Isn't lake George more of a summertime gig? Though I guess it's still pretty warm up there. Hope all goes well & it doesn't become a mini Griswald trip

1 minute ago, joewilly said:

lol I've gained confidence and don't even do it alone anymore. My  court date is Tuesday.

Isn't lake George more of a summertime gig? Though I guess it's still pretty warm up there. Hope all goes well & it doesn't become a mini Griswald trip

Fall foliage is amazing in Lake George. 

3 hours ago, joewilly said:

Is El Salvador safe? The short answer is no. Depending on where of course. 

Jif & Slats are braver than I am but probably much more knowledgeable than I am of the safe zones. The various MS gangs originate from there. This new president is doing a great job trying to quash them but it is a daunting task.

Honduras was the murder capital of the world a short while ago but of course there are safe areas there as well. 

Sounds like a great plan to retire there or somewhere similar. Costa Rica anyone?

El Salvador isn't that bad. MS-13 is from LA. There's more in Ohio than there is in San Salvador. The eastern part is supposed to be pretty rough but there's no reason to be there anyway. Costa Rica is relatively safe compared to the rest of the region but San Jose is a craphole.