Is Luke Falk the worst QB the Jets have put out on the field?

4 hours ago, Y2jets said:

The concern for me is that there are things you can do to counter bad offensive line play

1. Roll the pocket

2. Get the ball out early,.  Ie.  Slant patterns

Same thing week one when not once did he use Darnolds strength of throwing on the run. 

This is all football 101. I want Gase to succeed.  I kind of like his "ahole" attitude but I don't think he knows what he is doing. Very upsetting times right now

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Love following your posts during draft season, you’re usually spot on

but couldn’t believe your belief in this kid going into his senior year

i thought it was obvious he was a Leach creation

he was a no talent walk on that Leach’s genius turned into something 

Can’t disagree. To be fair he was a different man pre-senior year. You’re right about the system making the man - no doubt, but he *was* making quick reads, and delivering the ball with touch and timing. Then this other guy showed up who became the definition of a deer in headlights 

QBs evaluations are so hard, man. Without a deep dive on the white board and some work outs, I don’t know how much we can really know. Pocket poise and ability to shrug off pressure is everything as well. 

Ill stick to skill positions ?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

You are going down with the titanic, aren't you? 

I don't view it that way.

I ask myself what the Jets record would be if Darnold didn't get sick and Mosley didn't get hurt and I see 3-1 or 2-2.  We had the Bills game.  The Browns were a wreck that night.  And the Eagles game could have gone either way.  Even in our current state, we have a D, we have ST's, Le'Veon is for real, and Mosley looked great.  Gase is managing the situation as best he can.  Williams has his D giving full effort.  The team is still together and believing.

So what had me convinced in August that the Jets could go 11-5 now settles in at 9-7 due to the rash of injuries to two quarterbacks and four linebackers.  There is no evidence that the O is bad for any reason other than being run by a UPS driver with no business in the NFL. 

So when Darnold and Mosley are back, when Herndon joins in, and when the schedule softens, we will make that run that most of us thought we had in us.  The only thing that is making you think this is some Titanic situation is the media and the SOJF's on this board.  Ignore them.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

You forgot to mention that the defense was responsible for half those points and the offense looked pretty pathetic even though Buffalo turned the ball over 4 times. The defense has had their share of injuries also to key players yet they still resemble an NFL squad unlike the embarrassingly inept and historically bad "offense". 

Sam had mononucleosis with a 104 degree fever and should have been in the hospital.  Instead, he led us on a decisive drive with a TD and a 2-point conversion to turn an 8 point lead into a 16 point lead heading into the 4th quarter.  The D then blew the game once Mosley went out.

The Jets had a good backup in Trevor Simeon, he had a winning record as an NFL quarterback.  All bets are off at the QB position when you have to play a UPS driver.  They don't call them "emergency" or "taxi" for nothing.  They are warm bodies in a uniform, not legitimate NFL quarterbacks.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Do you honestly believe that Siemian would have done significantly better. He was  playing like garbage before he got hurt. 

Siemian was playing like garbage for what, 11 minutes of playing time before his season ended?

This anti-Gase agenda is one thing but these bizarre rationales you keep coming up with just take the cake, hysterical.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

Just now, SAR I said:

Siemian was playing like garbage for what, 11 minutes of playing time before his season ended?

This anti-Gase agenda is one thing but these bizarre rationales you keep coming up with just take the cake, hysterical.

SAR I

Gase is terrible. You will see in time. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Sounds good.  Keep your mouth shut now.  Until Gase is given a chance to succeed with a healthy Sam Darnold your "I told you so" is grossly premature and inappropriate.  Sam and Jamal have asked for your support during this difficult time.  Try being part of the solution instead of the problem.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

Practice squad QB's play like practice squad QB's.  It ain't rocket science. The bigger crime here is not investing in a legit QB with NFL starting experience, even off the street, to hold down the fort for a few weeks after Siemian went down, especially if you thought there was even a tiny ray of optimism that you were going to play meaningful games in December.  Running out a non competitive team for a month is inexcusable.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 10/6/2019 at 3:01 PM, SAR I said:

Yes, we are.  The playoff plan to get to 9-7 required us to win either the Eagles, Cowboys, or Patriots games. 

1-5 gets us to 7-6 which gets us to 9-7.

SAR I

Oh please stop it.  We’d be lucky to win 4 games this year and that’s if Sam ever gets back on the field.

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Maybe... but to be judged on what he has dealt with over the last 5 weeks is asinine and a new low for SOJFs... How about you let him have a few games with his QB before you jump down that rabbit hole... Or are you so irrational that you can't see the limitations of Falk and think because Gase didn't put up 30 points a game against 4 of the top 10 defenses in the league at the moment... 3 of them may be the top 3 in the league. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Practice squad QB's play like practice squad QB's.  It ain't rocket science. The bigger crime here is not investing in a legit QB with NFL starting experience, even off the street, to hold down the fort for a few weeks after Siemian went down, especially if you thought there was even a tiny ray of optimism that you were going to play meaningful games in December.  Running out a non competitive team for a month is inexcusable.  

Agreed, but in a bit of defense of JD and Gase here... Who would you sign and what money would you waste on a back-up QB for 2 games (and bring him up to speed on a playbook)... Siemian was that capable QB (Yes, I know he didn't show it). When he goes down in week 2, JD and Gase discuss that given the time frame they think they are working with Darnold, that he could be back week 5... meaning Falk only starts 1 game and all good in the hood. Unfortunately for everyone that is not what happened. He starts now 2 games and the fans are now panicking. If Sam misses another game, the fans are going to riot.... but lets see what this team really is with there starter back there first.

• Upvote 2

How does a GM and HC who are supposedly on the same page not see how bad Luke Falk is and look to replace him. 

We need to win games not lose them and  give them away.

What the heck is going on? 

I don't want to hear Falk knows the playbook a QB off the street could draw plays in the dirt and do better. 

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sounds good.  Keep your mouth shut now.  Until Gase is given a chance to succeed with a healthy Sam Darnold your "I told you so" is grossly premature and inappropriate.  Sam and Jamal have asked for your support during this difficult time.  Try being part of the solution instead of the problem.

SAR I

Are you serious? Do you think I'm one of your kids? 

10 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Maybe... but to be judged on what he has dealt with over the last 5 weeks is asinine and a new low for SOJFs... How about you let him have a few games with his QB before you jump down that rabbit hole... Or are you so irrational that you can't see the limitations of Falk and think because Gase didn't put up 30 points a game against 4 of the top 10 defenses in the league at the moment... 3 of them may be the top 3 in the league. 

He was terrible with Miami also. It's not like he is a 1st year HC. Again, we will see in time he is not the answer. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How does a GM and HC who are supposedly on the same page not see how bad Luke Falk is and look to replace him. 

I don't want to hear Falk knows the playbook a QB off the street could write plays in the dirt and be better. 

I think that is part of the reason they got White on the PS.... Not sure Osweiler or Cutler or any other junk veteran would have done much better in the environment Falk had nor the time frame... but on that note Falk looked decent in preseason and the Browns game so they might have been thinking a few weeks and maybe he can execute... but Eagles played him hard, aggressive and made Falk look like a high schooler out there and didn't know who or what to throw to. 

On 10/6/2019 at 3:10 PM, CSNY said:

Falk is bad. Bubby Brister was worse 

Bubby had a shuttle pass intercepted, Falk (who ,while bringing up Bubby, needs a meme of Cower yelling at that other wonderful Pittsburg reject signing O'Donnell  to "THROW THE BLEEPIN BALL " ) held it long enough to where the defensive player had time to change his mind during a sack take the ball out of his hands and then run for a touchdown .He also had the incredible feat of making  almost everyone on this board actually agree with each other.

Edit: I can't remember if it was the same play but he also turned the wrong way to hand it off to rb the who was on the other side and this supposedly the player who knows the offence better then anyone else.

On a serious note if anyone had the ability and could stomach rewatching it. Did he suffer a concussion before the one that knocked him out of the game. It seemed to me he was reacting extremely slow. Some of his passes made Pennington look like  Favre 

58 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Oh please stop it.  We’d be lucky to win 4 games this year and that’s if Sam ever gets back on the field.

And you can say this why?  Because, like any other head coach in the NFL, the Jets can't win games with a pastry chef at quarterback?

Our D played very well against Allen, Mayfield, and Wentz.  We are very good against the run.  Our ST gives us good field position.  Our K appears to have been corrected too.  Our only problem is our O and no O can possibly look good with a third-string QB.  If Sam Darnold is the FQB we think he is he's about to show it.  I'm very excited about Sunday.  You should be too.

SAR I

43 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

The Voice of Reason is the Voice of Reason.

SOJF victims are as stubborn as they are hopeless.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I don't want to hear Falk knows the playbook a QB off the street could draw plays in the dirt and do better. 

No NFL team would ever consider they would lose both their QB1 and QB2 in the same week, it isn't a contingency they prepare for, there is no cap space for it, it just doesn't happen.

It's clear by the actions the team took last week regarding reps that they all thought Sam was going to get medical clearance and it shocked them when they didn't.  So there was no time to get another QB in here and prepare him.  This week, same situation, we'll know tomorrow if Sam is 'go' or not.  Besides, there aren't competent backup quarterbacks out there for the Jets to acquire.  Mark Sanchez is about it, and I'm not even kidding.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Falk just wouldnt throw the ball.  It was bizarre.  Just basically held it till he got sacked. 

And when he did throw it, it was like a balloon.

Why would gase bring a guy like him here?  Just terrible.

To avoid a QB controversy. Sam's his guy.

On 10/6/2019 at 3:10 PM, CSNY said:

Falk is bad. Bubby Brister was worse 

beat me to it.  bubby would throw bounce passes.  other guys are kellin clemens (for the crowd that values players on their draft position), the hack, rick mirer, bill demory, mccown, to name a few.