Is Luke Falk the worst QB the Jets have put out on the field?

1 minute ago, JAFJET said:

Gase actually did the right thing by not giving this stiff Falk a lot of reps in practice last week. All the reps in the world wouldn't help Falk. Developing Swollen Sammy Spleen is priority number one.

It seems he didn't feel they had any chance with Falk as QB and so he figured he might as well put all his eggs in the Darnold basket and maybe that would give them a chance. I understand why he gets heat for it but I actually like the move. He was being aggressive about what he saw as his chance to win.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Him and Tebow are running neck and neck. 

At least Tebow contributed elsewhere, barely but he at least played special teams.  That 4th and 1 pass looked like a 8 year old pee wee QB throw, kind of like a high arc softball pitch.... 

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

Ah, so he should have let Luke Falk scramble to his right and throw the ball 50 yards down the field?  That's your brilliant coaching plan?

Maybe Gase knows what we all know-  Luke Falk can't throw and can't be asked to win an NFL game.  So all we're doing is masturbating until Darnold gets back.

SAR I

Won't work. If he's not dumping off he seems to throw the ball straight up into the air like a punts trajectory. Amazing nobody noticed that till now.

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Won't work. If he's not dumping off he seems to throw the ball straight up into the air like a punts trajectory. Amazing nobody noticed that till now.

He has no arm strength everything downfield was a lame duck wobble pass a floater.  His arms are like twigs.  

The seduction of a guy who comes in, is smart, studious thinks like a coach and works hard.  There is a line in the sand where ability is just not there at the pro level.

Our coaching staff and game plan are not helping at all though.  Gase is a fraud

As for the worst QB?  Hackenburg very very easily.

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We have had a lot of terrible QBs but the combo of a terrible QB and a terrible offensive coach and game plan makes it seem worse.

Just out of curiosity, what would be a good gameplan that would work with a terrible QB, a terrible Oline, and WR;s who cant get off the ball? Im hoping we can find a coach who can implment such a good game plan.

He's no Kyle Mackey, for guys old enough to remember Kyle Mackey.

We actually benched Ken O'Brien for Mackey at one point during the Walton era. He got sacked and fumbled on his first offensive play, and things didn't get any better after that.

21 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Just out of curiosity, what would be a good gameplan that would work with a terrible QB, a terrible Oline, and WR;s who cant get off the ball? Im hoping we can find a coach who can implment such a good game plan.

Go back and look at the jets under Chan Gailey, Morton or Bates.  Take your pick of any of those three.  They all had bad if not worse, weapons and close to the same oline.  The offenses were not great for the  most part but they at least looked like they  had a concept and got some acceptable results with zero talent.

Falk was just bitched out this play.  Not only do you hold the ball too long but he almost literally just handed Scandrick the ball.  It's like Scandrick was coming in and said "Give me the ball you little pussy" and Falk got scared and gave it up.  

• Upvote 1

It's hard for any Qb to overcome a bad O-line. But it's been done. Esp by guys who are trying to establish themselves and win a job. To me he's slow setting up, holds onto the ball too long doesn't adjust well to the pass rush. 9 sacks tells a lot. It's a horrible stat for a team and a Qb. And doesn't say much for the coaching either. You fire coaches for those numbers. 

The concern for me is that there are things you can do to counter bad offensive line play

1. Roll the pocket

2. Get the ball out early,.  Ie.  Slant patterns

Same thing week one when not once did he use Darnolds strength of throwing on the run. 

This is all football 101. I want Gase to succeed.  I kind of like his "ahole" attitude but I don't think he knows what he is doing. Very upsetting times right now

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Falk was just bitched out this play.  Not only do you hold the ball too long but he almost literally just handed Scandrick the ball.  It's like Scandrick was coming in and said "Give me the ball you little pussy" and Falk got scared and gave it up.  

Mentioned this yesterday Falk handoff to Scandrick TD. 

Luke Falk is a bad QB and he's weak his arms are like twigs. 

Image result for luke falk pics

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Go back and look at the jets under Chan Gailey, Morton or Bates.  Take your pick of any of those three.  They all had bad if not worse, weapons and close to the same oline.  The offenses were not great for the  most part but they at least looked like they  had a concept and got some acceptable results with zero talent.

I disagree. Gailey had far better WR's, and at least a starting QB. None of these OC's you mention were working with a 3rd string QB. 

I have no love at all for Gase, and he very well may be a terrible HC, Im just not personally at that conclusion yet given the current situation. I can't say he has been a part of the solution either, but Im just not sure what to expect from any coach with what we are dealing with.

6 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

I disagree. Gailey had far better WR's, and at least a starting QB. None of these OC's you mention were working with a 3rd string QB. 

I have no love at all for Gase, and he very well may be a terrible HC, Im just not personally at that conclusion yet given the current situation. I can't say he has been a part of the solution either, but Im just not sure what to expect from any coach with what we are dealing with.

I knew we would see the old '3rd string qb' lame excuse being trotted out.

Gase chose Falk as his guy for 3rd stringer.  He had every chance in the world over the bye week to make a change and bring in a guy other than falk.

The jets offense is epically bad.  It has looked bad with Darold and Simian at the helm.

Many other teams are facing injuries at the potion and are doing great to competent.

This is what distinguishes a really good coach from a fraud coach.  Being functional under adversity.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I knew we would see the old '3rd string qb' lame excuse being trotted out.

Gase chose Falk as his guy for 3rd stringer.  He had every chance in the world over the bye week to make a change and bring in a guy other than falk.

The jets offense is epically bad.  It has looked bad with Darold and Simian at the helm.

Many other teams are facing injuries at the potion and are doing great to competent.

This is what distinguishes a really good coach from a fraud coach.  Being functional under adversity.

I guess when you put it that way, you have a good point. Gase should have chosen the good 3rd string QB's over the bad ones he chose. That would have made this offense really click.

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

What's the record for 3rd string QB starts in a season?  You really just have to laugh at this point.  

The record isn't the issue this guy is a stiff he gives the offense nothing. 3 games 416 yards passing. 

Steelers 3rd string QB held onto to beat the Ravens yesterday if that were Falk we would have lost. 

23 hours ago, Pac said:

The worst move Douglas has made so far is the move he didn't make in not signing Brock.  Even worse than the Kalil abortion.

Brock sucks but has actually led an offense to a TD and wins...  They probably could have scrapped out  a win the last month with him at the helm and the D consistently playing well.

Not having a couple of kickers in camp throughout the preseason when our kicker was missing everything all preseason long was unfathomable.  And, IMO, the worst move he's made.

He's really not off to a good start.  He's made of a number of bad decisions in a very short period of time.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Paradis said:

I can't believe how far things have gone since his junior in college.... from potential franchise QB to possibly the worst QB i've ever seen in a Jets jersey

Love following your posts during draft season, you’re usually spot on

but couldn’t believe your belief in this kid going into his senior year

i thought it was obvious he was a Leach creation

he was a no talent walk on that Leach’s genius turned into something 

23 hours ago, SAR I said:

We had a 16 point lead which the defense blew.  Never hear a word about Gregg Williams and the Buffalo game.  No one loses a 16  point lead that late in the NFL.

SAR I

You forgot to mention that the defense was responsible for half those points and the offense looked pretty pathetic even though Buffalo turned the ball over 4 times. The defense has had their share of injuries also to key players yet they still resemble an NFL squad unlike the embarrassingly inept and historically bad "offense". 

On 10/6/2019 at 3:34 PM, SAR I said:

Mihshew and Allen are backup quarterbacks.  Second stringers.  You understand?  I can type it again if you need me to.

There are 64 quarterbacks that are qualified to play in the NFL.  There aren't 96.  Luke Falk is #93.

SAR I

Do you honestly believe that Siemian would have done significantly better. He was  playing like garbage before he got hurt. 

49 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Kellen Clemens was a better quarterback than Luke Falk. 

Wow.  Never thoiught I'd say that about another Jets QB.

And Todd Bowles may be a better coach than Gase. That is truly hard to comprehend but may be true. Thats how bad things are this year.