Jump to content
WowOhWow

Francesa's comment on Gase, post Dallas win. Very interesting.

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

It's hard in the best of time in NY...

Go ahead and tell me I'm not a real fan (can't wait).

Of course you are a real fan.  You were just mentally unstable when you thought up that post.  It's OK.  The insanity was probably caused by your being a fan in the first place.   

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase pouted because he's spent his entire head coaching career with JAG quarterbacks.  He just spent three years in Miami waiting on a hurt starter.  So no, I don't blame him for jacking it in when he didn't have Sam.  If you have a car and you take out the engine, are you going to be stoked you got a nice waxed ride?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barkus said:

once simian went down they should have brought in another vet like osweiller. Falk had no business being out there and that is Gase’s fault. 

I thought that would be Joe Douglas' fault. Wait.  Which one is the GM, again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

I take everything Mike F says with a huge grain of fat.

washed down with aspartame-filled sewage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Let me state what was said above a little differently..... Teams win often with their back-up and third string QBs if they have significant capabilities, strengths and depth in other areas.
The Jets are not the kind of team that can win with a Practice Squad QB at starter, and certainly not against good teams like the Patriots, Eagles, etc.  The OLine simply isn't good enough.  We don't have Julio Jones or Deandre Hopkins running routes or Travis Kelce getting open over the middle.  The Jets Defense, while solid, isn't a game-changing defense with elite pass-rushers.  There's no game wrecker like Khalil Mack scoring points for the defense.
That's my only exception with your statement.  Some teams can win with a backup against inferior opponents.  A bad team that can ONLY win with an excellent QB like Darnold doesn't really stand a chance without him.


Kinda gives some clues on Darnold’s performance last year considering the roster...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

washed down with aspartame-filled sewage.

You get that from the same place Mehta rolls around in daily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Good teams, the Jets aren't a good team right now unless EVERYONES healthy. We had the 3rd pick the draft last year, that means we were the 29th worst team in the league. 

So are you telling me that other teams go into Gillette stadium with 3rd string practice squad QBs and test their metal? Big Ben went in there this year & put up a giant donut 0-30. 

Or are you telling me that our 3rd string practice squad QB was going to be the 1st QB in Jets history to record a victory on the road in Philly? 

Asking for a friend. 

They looked pretty good Sunday - and everyone is NOT healthy - and frankly looked pretty good week 1 (now that we know the Bills are a very good team.

The history in Philadelphia has no bearing whatsoever on the teams ability to win there now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Let me state what was said above a little differently..... Teams win often with their back-up and third string QBs if they have significant capabilities, strengths and depth in other areas.

The Jets are not the kind of team that can win with a Practice Squad QB at starter, and certainly not against good teams like the Patriots, Eagles, etc.  The OLine simply isn't good enough.  We don't have Julio Jones or Deandre Hopkins running routes or Travis Kelce getting open over the middle.  The Jets Defense, while solid, isn't a game-changing defense with elite pass-rushers.  There's no game wrecker like Khalil Mack scoring points for the defense.

That's my only exception with your statement.  Some teams can win with a backup against inferior opponents.  A bad team that can ONLY win with an excellent QB like Darnold doesn't really stand a chance without him.

Well, it seems that's what the HC thought as well. 

Of course they could win - these are ALL professional football players...the ultimate elite - at worst you want a HC that has you believing you can win.

I wonder if Pittsburg would have won this week if their coach thought the same way ours did - and seems most of our sad fan base.

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Savage69 said:

+1 To me quitting was resigning on a cocktail napkin like BB did to the Jets..

exactly. Francesa hates the Jets and wouldn't be physically capable of complimenting the team without a dig.  My only problem with Gase Sunday was he took too long to give it to our 90 million dollar stud running back on the goaline.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

 


Kinda gives some clues on Darnold’s performance last year considering the roster...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

I want to be careful when I say this, because it's gone south on us a hundred times before when we thought Sanchez, Pennington, etc. were the true longterm answers at QB......but I really don't think we have an idea of just how good Sam Darnold could be.  I think his upside with the right supporting cast could be a Top 5 NFL QB in a couple years.  Lots has to happen for that, but he's got the things that are really, really hard to find....elite pocket awareness, quick recognition of where to go with the football, and the ability to deliver that football to just about any spot on the field from any location he's in.  That's a very, very rare combination of capabilities IMO.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
I want to be careful when I say this, because it's gone south on us a hundred times before when we thought Sanchez, Pennington, etc. were the true longterm answers at QB......but I really don't think we have an idea of just how good Sam Darnold could be.  I think his upside with the right supporting cast could be a Top 5 NFL QB in a couple years.  Lots has to happen for that, but he's got the things that are really, really hard to find....elite pocket awareness, quick recognition of where to go with the football, and the ability to deliver that football to just about any spot on the field from any location he's in.  That's a very, very rare combination of capabilities IMO.
 


Like you stated, he does have some traits that make you dream but take it game by game. Hopefully he plays the rest of the season to get more experience, as year 3 seems the common amount of time to get an idea on a QB and he’s already missed a few games.

Again I go back to the narrative that the cowgirls lost because they were missing all these players. Well, if that’s the case Darnold should be crowned to win such a game with that roster!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

 


Like you stated, he does have some traits that make you dream but take it game by game. Hopefully he plays the rest of the season to get more experience, as year 3 seems the common amount of time to get an idea on a QB and he’s already missed a few games.

Again I go back to the narrative that the cowgirls lost because they were missing all these players. Well, if that’s the case Darnold should be crowned to win such a game with that roster!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Exactly! I love the media whinging for the Cowboys and their injuries. LOL.

 

Quincy E

Avery Williamson

CJ Mosely

KO

Chris Herndon

Henry Anderson

Kelvin Beachum

On an already inferior roster...  

Give me a ******* break. LOL

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rammagen said:

But again Falk was Gase's guy followed him from Miami either way Gase cant evaluate talent or Gase did not do a good job coaching by drawing up plays to the qbs strength.

Any way you spin the final responsibility falls onto Gase. if the QB was no good why bother taking time on talent that would never make it in the nfl and go try to find someone in the off season the executes the plays you want in the fashion you want

This works if you cant differentiate between someone who was brought in to be a practice squad, developmental QB, who if you get lucky can be a backup QB in a couple of years vs Gases guy who you want to blame over developmental ability or as a talent evaluator. 

That he was a lowly practice squad player should throw out the talent evaluator part of the equation, he had that right.

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually not bringing another QB in is on the GM.  

Problem is all those who didn't want the HC from the get go outnumber all those, maybe one person, who didn't want the GM.  Let's be serious here.  

 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I thought that would be Joe Douglas' fault. Wait.  Which one is the GM, again?

Great minds....Actually simple concept.  GMs procure talent, HC coach the talent.

Gets lost in all the hate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The problem with this argument is that teams win all the time with their back-up and third string QB's.

No they don't.  Who is going into New England or Philadelphia and winning with a third string QB?  The last two Super Bowl Champions and Luke Falk is going to give us a chance?  Come now.

SAR I

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is exactly what Fatcesa is saying. Gase didn't try because he saw a difficult situation and he gave up. He has a lot of quit in him.

Glad we're all in agreement.

Gase was smart not to waste his time and try to win two games that were impossible to win.  That wasn't Trevor Simean out there, that wasn't a legit backup quarterback.  Luke Falk?  Give me a break.

And I guarantee you that we don't beat the Cowboys if we tried to win the Philadelphia game.  All those reps that Sam got in Eagles week helped him markedly in Cowboys week.  We beat the Cowboys because Gase made the right decision Eagles week by keeping Falk on the sidelines and letting Darnold get all the practice.

SAR I

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Hindsight yeah, we would have gotten 2 games with a off the street scrub.  Would he have beaten the Pats or Eagles? 

+1

If we gave full effort to winning the Pats and Eagles games with a third string scrub or some guy off the couch we still lose them both and we lose the Cowboys game too. 

Gase thought this through and did the smart thing.  Folded on the two games he knew he couldn't win and loaded for bear for the one game he had a decent shot in.  It worked.  1-2 without Darnold and Simiean.  I'll take it.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

You do realize if you are a Gase supporter you are in the minority.  Mike F said it yesterday and it resonated with me because I kinda felt the same way.

 

I don't mind being in the minority on this one. In fact, I am wearing it as a badge of honor.

I am encouraged that the Douglas, Gase, and Darnold trio is going to be a Super Bowl winner.

Jets fans are all looking for smaller crap to whine about.  Losing with Falk.  Really? 

While doing that, they are missing the most important thing.  What is Adam Gase's relationship with Sam Darnold?  If that is good... everything good. 

So a few players arent on board with Gase? So what?  Weed 'em out.  If Darnold and Gase are together on this, the team will follow.

Gase has already made adjustments, to himself and the team.  Less snippy with the media.  He called a couple of players out?  They responded by playing better. Changes to the OL personnel.  Criticized for too much Bell?  He mixed in Powell and TyMont.  The guy is adapting quickly and you and the anti-Gasers are too busy bashing him to see it.

Many coaches are stubborn as hell.  Rex.  Blowes.  McCarthy.  They dont change nothin' for nobody.

Let Adam Gase fix this mess...  He will.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rammagen said:

But again Falk was Gase's guy followed him from Miami

I keep hearing you say this.  What does that mean?

That Falk isn't a scrub 3rd stringer because he knew Gase in Miami?  Somehow he's magically the best 2nd string quarterback in the NFL?

If the guy who picks up the trash in my office follows me to a new job in a different state it doesn't make him an office manager; it makes him the guy who picks up the trash.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Found a comment Mike made on Gase very interesting yesterday.  I felt the same way but couldn't quite put my finger on exactly what it was that I saw in Gase that bothered me so much during the games that Sam was out.

Mike was commenting on the Jets win, very complementary of Sam and what he brings to our franchise.  At the end of his statement he commented on how Gase was pouting after his QB's got hurt and really let the franchise down.  Literally didn't even try to compete.  Mentioned the players stayed together (credit to Gase) but thought it was very telling that there is a "lot of quit in Gase".  

I felt the same way.  I felt like he literally quit when the going got hard.  Rare to see in a NFL head coach...who are usually the type to grit their teeth and fight through anything.  Gase didn't and it bugged the crap out of me.

Go ahead and kill the messenger but although we won a game and Sam showed the world what a difference a competent QB can make...but man, Gase is just not the type of coach I believe will last very long here.

It's hard in the best of time in NY...

Go ahead and tell me I'm not a real fan (can't wait).

You would be bleak too if both of your QBs were out and you had to run Luke Falk out there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jetmech said:


Like you stated, he does have some traits that make you dream but take it game by game. Hopefully he plays the rest of the season to get more experience, as year 3 seems the common amount of time to get an idea on a QB and he’s already missed a few games.

Again I go back to the narrative that the cowgirls lost because they were missing all these players. Well, if that’s the case Darnold should be crowned to win such a game with that roster!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

The MNF game vs. New England will be Darnold's 16th NFL game....essentially putting one full season of experience in the books for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase was smart not to waste his time and try to win two games that were impossible to win.  That wasn't Trevor Simean out there, that wasn't a legit backup quarterback.  Luke Falk?  Give me a break.

And I guarantee you that we don't beat the Cowboys if we tried to win the Philadelphia game.  All those reps that Sam got in Eagles week helped him markedly in Cowboys week.  We beat the Cowboys because Gase made the right decision Eagles week by keeping Falk on the sidelines and letting Darnold get all the practice.

SAR I

He should have sat all the starters vs. Philly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Exactly! I love the media whinging for the Cowboys and their injuries. LOL.

 

Quincy E

Avery Williamson

CJ Mosely

KO

Chris Herndon

Henry Anderson

Kelvin Beachum

On an already inferior roster...  

Give me a ******* break. LOL

Nance the Pats ball licker couldn't say enough times how they were missing their tackles ad nauseum. I was thinking my god man we're down 3 LBs, a WR, our LT, our TE, our DE, our LG, I mean sh*t, STFU!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

You do realize if you are a Gase supporter you are in the minority.  Mike F said it yesterday and it resonated with me because I kinda felt the same way.

 

Yeah, when there are 4 or 5 candidates and none are a given pretty much anyone hired makes those who are a supporter would more than likely be in the minority.

The real bitch is that you think that makes the supporters wrong, as if its fact based other than simple odds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked defeated because it was one thing after another with your big time players getting hurt. And then to get the news that your star QB has fn Mono?! Not an injured shoulder or anything.....mono. 

THEN your back up QB goes out in the first quarter. 

What Coach is gonna be rah rah at that point? Gase is fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The problem with this argument is that teams win all the time with their back-up and third string QB's.

In make believe world they do.

In the NFL its a rarity.  Especially against teams that are SB contenders.  Id bet that may never have happened more than once, if ever

Time to wake up and think instead of just hating.  Its not a crime to dislike someone who comes through, dont be afraid of being wrong if we're right.

LOL

Then again, you'll follow your trend, ignore the point, buttfumble and not be able to come up with a rational thought to backup the idea that teams win all the time with 3rd string QBs.  More of the same Gase sucks because nonsense

  • Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No they don't.  Who is going into New England or Philadelphia and winning with a third string QB?  The last two Super Bowl Champions and Luke Falk is going to give us a chance?  Come now.

SAR I

The Steelers just beat the Chargers with 3rd string, undrafted free agent Delvin Hodges.

To say it's not possible is simply wrong.  

I'm not saying I expected the Jets to win (I didn't) but the point of this thread was that Gase didn't even try, he gave up. - he accepted defeat and the team was entirely non-competitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

In make believe world they do.

In the NFL its a rarity.  Especially against teams that are SB contenders.  Id bet that may never have happened more than once, if ever

Time to wake up and think instead of just hating.  Its not a crime to dislike someone who comes through, dont be afraid of being wrong if we're right.

LOL

I agree it's relatively rare, but it happens.  

I'll say it again - the point of the OP and this thread was Gase gave up and didn't even really try.  It seems you and most fans agree that's what he did and are okay with it.

I'm not!

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The Steelers just beat the Chargers with 3rd string, undrafted free agent Delvin Hodges.

To say it's not possible is simply wrong.  

I'm not saying I expected the Jets to win (I didn't) but the point of this thread was that Gase didn't even try, he gave up. - he accepted defeat and the team was entirely non-competitive.

And to point to it happening once isnt the same as it happens all the time.  

Thats what you said, all the time.  Not once, hardly the same.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet Nut said:

And to point to it happening once isnt the same as it happens all the time.  

Thats what you said, all the time.  Not once, hardly the same.  

This happened two days ago!

It does happen all the time.  Back-ups win games in the NFL...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JiF said:

When you think about it, Adam Gase is perfect and can do no wrong. 

When he takes his hat off the gaze of his eyes can produce famine but other than that hes pretty spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I agree it's relatively rare, but it happens.  

I'll say it again - the point of the OP and this thread was Gase gave up and didn't even really try.  It seems you and most fans agree that's what he did and are okay with it.

I'm not!

Name one other than the Steelers this week?  

Name one with the 3rd string off the practice squad.  

Now prove to anyone that other than you guessing, that Gase gave up, wasnt trying to win.  Or that if Gase were coaching the Steelers he wouldn't have won just the same as Tomlin.  Two different teams, QBs etc.  Most fans, ones who understand the game, dont agree with you that he Gave up and gave away the games.  Most believe he had no chance, that he was dealt a horrid hand and thats it.

You just want to pile on to go along with the broken record you've been harping on since he was hired, just another dreamed up scenario to knock the guy you didnt want and wont stop killing even after impressive wins.  Its apparent and old

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This happened two days ago!

It does happen all the time.  Back-ups win games in the NFL...

I said that, before that?
You, not me or anyone else said it happens all the time.

So come up with one other or stop already, we all know it happened with the Steelers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Fatso is 100% right.  Look at how unprepared Simian and Falk were

I don't  think they were unprepared,  I think they just sucked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...