Don't. Trade. Adams.

Just now, Matt39 said:

He's the highest paid man in the Jets front office. Was the biggest hire this franchise made in years. He's in witness protection due to some unwritten rule that GM's are not allowed to appear during the season. He's employed by the franchise- he's absolutely responsible. Last night was an embarrassment.

He's the highest paid man in the front office because his job is to fix this roster for 2020.  Last I checked the trade deadline hasn't passed yet.  The Pats just traded for Sanu and the Broncos just traded away Manny Sanders.  And you want  Joe Douglas doing a meaningless press conference while he should be on the phones looking to make a fire sale?  GTFO of here with that.  

2 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

When you have Tom Brady, the unblitzable in our division, you need all the help you can get in the secondary to beat him. Trading Adams is taking one step forward then two steps back kind of move. 

Did you not see the Pats take the opening drive last night and shove it up our a$$es?  Where was Jamal during that beatdown doing ANYTHING of value to stop Brady?  

FFS he's useless agains functional passing offenses.  Useless!

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why?  He's not responsibly for like 95 % of the garbage on the field.  I'd prefer him locked away with his scouts working out how to fix this mess, and on the phones with other GM's trying to get as many picks as possible for Macc's sh*t.

some people wanna throw rotten cabbages

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's the highest paid man in the front office because his job is to fix this roster for 2020.  Last I checked the trade deadline hasn't passed yet.  The Pats just traded for Sanu and the Broncos just traded away Manny Sanders.  And you want  Joe Douglas doing a meaningless press conference while he should be on the phones looking to make a fire sale?  GTFO of here with that.  

I'd just like any indication that Douglas actually works for the Jets. Until further notice this was just another crap hire by the Johnson;s.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I'd just like any indication that Douglas actually works for the Jets.

If no significant trades happen between now and the trade deadline, I'll be right there with you.  But until then I'm content to not need to see his face and hope/expect he's on the phones.  

In addition, he HAS been making moves all season.  Not liking those moves is one thing.  Suggesting he hasn't been active is incorrect.  

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Playing devil's advocate here but I would like to see Joe Douglas run one draft before we get rid of the few good pieces that we have.

This is not playing devil's advocate. This is Jets fan doctrine. Three months on the job and this idiot couldn't manage to put a kicker on the roster? We should let him run a draft. We should let him play quarterback.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If no significant trades happen between now and the trade deadline, I'll be right there with you.  But until then I'm content to not need to see his face and hope/expect he's on the phones.  

More the overarching need for a single point of leadership within the organization. We know its not Gase. Chris Johnson certainly isnt it as he's gone on sabbatical since the new uniforms victory lap. Disappointing that Douglas has been a ghost.

11 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Robbie's value to us is a decent draft pick. He is one nut in the eye of a cop's wife from being out of the league. It's my opinion that he is never going to break out and will be stuck on the verge of breaking out.

people seem to think UDFA WR getting 6.5 Td/yr is like wiping your ass.....   

Sanu has never had morn 5 TD/yr and ATL fot a 2nd.

people wanna dump on Robby. Crazy bias.

10 yr career, easy. legit deep threat with good hands. 

FREE ROBBY!!

12 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Adams 1st rounder (fingers crossed)

Lev Bell (Second rounder)

Robbie Anderson (4th rounder)

Leo Williams (5th rounder)

Gase fired, and all this  by next Tuesday go 2020 combine..

Lev Bell, No matter how many times posters bring this up is not getting traded for the next 2 years... The cap hit alone would be detrimental to the future of this team. 

Adams would easily get a first rounder despite what the fans think

Not sure what Robbie could get since he is a FA... 4th is reasonable I would hope for a 3rd

Leo I would like to see traded for a young player rather then a pick. That may be what the Mclendon extension might be

Gase is not getting fired even if they don't win another game

TJ needs to be traded but the cap hit this year might not be possible

KO needs to be traded or cut

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Pure leader?. We're 1-5. So maybe his leadership sucks? He sure does a lot of talking, but the Facts are that he has 2 career interceptions and is gonna be looking for a 90 Mill+ contract in a year from now. Id trade him in a second. I'd even trade Q. Get a first for each and you have 3 first rounders to fix this disaster of an offense

so you trade your best defensive players then you have a maybe decent offense and a bad defense.  he's a leader.  his team sucks.  there isn't any talent in that secondary except for him.  hell, i think he's probably the best player on the team next to Bell.

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Lev Bell, No matter how many times posters bring this up is not getting traded for the next 2 years... The cap hit alone would be detrimental to the future of this team. 

Adams would easily get a first rounder despite what the fans think

Not sure what Robbie could get since he is a FA... 4th is reasonable I would hope for a 3rd

Leo I would like to see traded for a young player rather then a pick. That may be what the Mclendon extension might be

Gase is not getting fired even if they don't win another game

TJ needs to be traded but the cap hit this year might not be possible

KO needs to be traded or cut

i think Gase will be a 1 and done.  he just isn't a good coach.

11 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

people seem to think UDFA WR getting 6.5 Td/yr is like wiping your ass.....   

Sanu has never had morn 5 TD/yr and ATL fot a 2nd.

people wanna dump on Robby. Crazy bias.

10 yr career, easy. legit deep threat with good hands. 

FREE ROBBY!!

robby is severely overrated by guys like you.  he can only run a vertical route, nothing else.  he isn't good.  

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Did you not see the Pats take the opening drive last night and shove it up our a$$es?  Where was Jamal during that beatdown doing ANYTHING of value to stop Brady?  

FFS he's useless agains functional passing offenses.  Useless!

Jamal Adams is the ONE GUY on our defense who does his job over 95% of the time. You don't see him making plays on passing downs because he's too busy picking up slack for our college level at best CBs. 

We need him to stop guys like Brady when this defense is playing at an NFL level at all positions. Trading him is creating yet another hole on the defense and will be a total morale killer for the whole unit. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

so you trade your best defensive players then you have a maybe decent offense and a bad defense.  he's a leader.  his team sucks.  there isn't any talent in that secondary except for him.  hell, i think he's probably the best player on the team next to Bell.

The Best player on defense has 2 career interceptions. Jamal is a good player, don't get me wrong, but he does not affect the game in any way shape or form. He is no ed Reed or Troy Polamolu. If he was we'd have more than 1 win. I'd trade him for a first Rd pick and never look back. Use that pick on a WR or an Olineman to protect Sammy.

Are Giant fans pissed that they let Landon Collins walk? I don't think so. Why waste 14 Mill a year on a safety. Spend that money elsewhere 

• Thumb Down 1

I’m prolly one of the bigger Adams fans on the board....but the rest of our team is in such dire straits, that I wouldn’t be upset if he was traded. He’s an all-pro Safety, flying all over the field, one of the more vocal teammates in that locker room, but yet we’re still 1-5 and we struggle to get stops at times on Defense....what does that tell you? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DjHoldyHold said:

I understand Jamal Adams is a box safety, which is by no means a premier position, but he brings so much more to the team than just tackles. He brings fire. When's the last time our fanbase had someone like Adams to rally around and support. Someone who stays on the field hours late to sign autographs and give away free Jordan merch. More importantly, he is a positive lockeroom voice, a pure leader. On the pregame radio show last night, Q Williams addressed the leaders of the team as whole. He must have said Jamal's name 7 times. That goes to show how much of an impact he is having on our young guys. Besides, if we did trade him, we'd have to hit on those picks, which is unlikely. 

Let’s launch him into the sun.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

The Best player on defense has 2 career interceptions. Jamal is a good player, don't get me wrong, but he does not affect the game in any way shape or form. He is no ed Reed or Troy Polamolu. If he was we'd have more than 1 win. I'd trade him for a first Rd pick and never look back. Use that pick on a WR or an Olineman to protect Sammy.

Are Giant fans pissed that they let Landon Collins walk? I don't think so. Why waste 14 Mill a year on a safety. Spend that money elsewhere 

what strong safety has a lot of interceptions? Ed Reed was a FS and Polamolu was a generational talent.  Adams is in his 3rd year, lets give him some time before comparing him to the best ever to play it.

and i think i remember giants fans being pissed that collins was traded.  collins also isn't as good a player as adams is.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DjHoldyHold said:

I understand Jamal Adams is a box safety, which is by no means a premier position, but he brings so much more to the team than just tackles. He brings fire. When's the last time our fanbase had someone like Adams to rally around and support. Someone who stays on the field hours late to sign autographs and give away free Jordan merch. More importantly, he is a positive lockeroom voice, a pure leader. On the pregame radio show last night, Q Williams addressed the leaders of the team as whole. He must have said Jamal's name 7 times. That goes to show how much of an impact he is having on our young guys. Besides, if we did trade him, we'd have to hit on those picks, which is unlikely. 

I appreciate he is popular with some people.  And that he is a good safety.

With that said, all players are organizational assets, and safety is an asset that is a "nice to have" for a legit SB contender, not a "must have" for a team like ours in the cellar.  It's certainly not a game maker/breaker in the modern NFL.  I'd love to keep him, but if our GM thinks we can get more vital help or better assets for a team in our spot for what he is worth, they absolutely should explore that opportunity.

Our organization is in far too bad a place right now to be closed minded on player personnel management options.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, heymangold said:

what strong safety has a lot of interceptions? Ed Reed was a FS and Polamolu was a generational talent.  Adams is in his 3rd year, lets give him some time before comparing him to the best ever to play it.

and i think i remember giants fans being pissed that collins was traded.  collins also isn't as good a player as adams is.

He was drafted at 6 overall. He better be Ed Reed or Troy Polamolu. Why else would u take a safety that high? To help stop the run and get 2 sacks a season? 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Well I just saw on TMKS that Adams liked a tweet talking basically about how Darnold needs to pick up on these blitzes, so Jamal might want out anyway. Good riddance if he is traded, he's an over hyped loudmouth.

I was completely against any idea of moving adams but not anymore. he talks a big game but is the first to throw his QB under the bus when things go wrong. it’s time to dump this phony while his value is high

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I’m prolly one of the bigger Adams fans on the board....but the rest of our team is in such dire straits, that I wouldn’t be upset if he was traded. He’s an all-pro Safety, flying all over the field, one of the more vocal teammates in that locker room, but yet we’re still 1-5 and we struggle to get stops at times on Defense....what does that tell you? 

and now he’s starting drama with his passive aggressive social media nonsense. he needs to go 

Jamal is a "box safety" that every team in NFL would love to have. 

Unfortunately, the Jets are far off from being a contender for the Lombardi trophy and the priority for the team is to make Darnold better with help on the o-line and hopefully a #1 WR.  That makes the decision of trading Adams a possible thought in the near future.  

A big issue is the return vs the $ paid for extending.   A Top 10 pick probably wont happen because to have one then that team will probably have a lot more needs than a safety.  So the hope would be a high #1 but would that be worth an all pro safety for a 2nd to 3rd tier offensive lineman?  So do you extend him?  Top safety money is fine if the Jets are playoff worthy and for that to happen a lot of things need to change quickly.  

The best scenario is trade for another player but the NFL is not fantasy football.  Teams usually trade headaches or soon to be FA's.

The cries of how many lack of interceptions he has is really just a statistical cry.  He is not utilized in a way that he will ever get many interceptions but I also argue that if he had way more interceptions somehow I do not believe the Jets would have a much better record anyway.  

Don't trade away your all pro.

Trade your all pro.

I don't believe the needle will move much in ether in either direction no matter what happens.