Jamal, this ain't leadership, dude.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He never knew what leadership was from day one.

We have the same issues,  guys think yelling and being an a$$hole is leadership. Knowing your job and caring about your crew is leadership. Can't believe I still have to teach our "kids" (30 year old Fire Officers) this sh*t. Same problem, different context. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

love his statement that the rams didn't take calls on arron donald and the pats did not take calls on tom brady.  Of course not, those teams are not sitting at 1-6 either.  and if he is comparing himself to either of those two guys, he needs to get back to reality

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

20 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

love his statement that the rams didn't take calls on arron donald and the pats did not take calls on tom brady.  Of course not, those teams are not sitting at 1-6 either.  and if he is comparing himself to either of those two guys, he needs to get back to reality

You can't fix a narcissistic personality.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Jamal isn’t dumb. He and his agent are punching a ticket out of town so he can negotiate a fat new contract with a new team.

I 100% agree. I don’t think Jamal knows how to mail it in. He knows he’s got a finite amount of time left and that if he doesn’t force his way out he’s spending a majority of it with a loser organization. 

So he’s got 2 options. Hold out next year which really won’t work for him as he’s stuck for at least 2 more years. Or he forces his way out. He sees an opportunity to get out by bitching. He’ll get what he wants. 

Hopefully we trade him to another sh*tty team so he can be reminded of how little he affects the game. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

Wasn't it he who named himself Prez?  And narcissists don't have a concept of "team" other than its assistance in centering attention around himself.  Might explain why he didnt react the way Bell and Robby did.  Plus, I think everyone in that clubhouse knows he is a nut case.  I wish they made the deal with Dallas. I'm pissed at Douglas.  

Just look who buttfumbled me on that post. Sometimes a buttfumble  is worth a thousand words.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

you mean celebrating a run stop on 1st down on your own 30 when your team is losing by 4 TDs isnt leadership?

Agreed, but it depends on what you mean by "celebrating".    Would a simple high five be acceptable?

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

Wasn't it he who named himself Prez?  And narcissists don't have a concept of "team" other than its assistance in centering attention around himself.  Might explain why he didnt react the way Bell and Robby did.  Plus, I think everyone in that clubhouse knows he is a nut case.  I wish they made the deal with Dallas. I'm pissed at Douglas.  

I'm telling you, the floodwaters will pour out of Florham Park when he's finally gone with players talking about how awful Jamal was.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

The best narcissist are great leaders. They practice and hone their interpersonal skills. Making people like them. See Tom Brady.

This is correct.  But *that* leadership is a facade. The best narcissists have the ability to make themselves appear to be a charismatic leader.  Maybe we should qualify it by saying they "make themselves appear to be great leaders".   Adams is great at that.  But I'm talking about real leadership. Not the phony brand that narcissists present  publicly to suck you in.  

17 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

He has shown flashes of brilliance but not consistency. He can make a great play one minute and a bonehead play the next so comparing himself to steady, productive superstar players is delusional. If I am Adam Gase I tell him "no more" or you will be benched or suspended. Time to forget your "hurt feelings" and try to help get this team a win.

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This is correct.  But *that* leadership is a facade. The best narcissists have the ability to make themselves appear to be a charismatic leader.  Maybe we should qualify it by saying they "make themselves appear to be great leaders".   Adams is great at that.  But I'm talking about real leadership. Not the phony brand that narcissists present  publicly to suck you in.  

I didn't mean for that to come off like I think Jamal Adams is a great leader. I was more or less saying that some narcissist are capable of being good leaders. Back to Jamal Adams....I'm shocked at how he's handled this...He should have kept his displeasure behind closed doors if he was this upset with the Jets GM. In front of the microphone and cameras Adams should have brushed off the trade speculation and reiterated how he's still a Jet and is happy to be here. It's sad to see him unravel like this so publicly. He should have buried the proverbial hatchet by now. Jamal Adams blew a perfect opportunity to shut his haters up, but instead he's given them more material/fuel to work with.

• Upvote 1