Week 11: Jets (2-7) at Redskins (1-8)

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I will be at the game, meeting up with the DC Jets fan club and a van load of fans from Charlotte are going as well.

I'll post a pic BUT I am going to put "Sell the team Woody" over Namath's name on my jersey.

Go JETS!!!

I'll be there as well. Tailgating with a big group of my good Redskins friends. Where are you guys setting up. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

I'll be there as well. Tailgating with a big group of my good Redskins friends. Where are you guys setting up. 

Not sure yet but Saturday night I believe there is a Jets meet up in the district.  Re- contact me on say Thursday and I'll let you know where we are meeting or I can text you as well.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

The Jets still have games against the Redskins, Bengals, and Dolphins. I'm thinking they'll win all of them.

Never know. We looked great against Dallas. Decent yesterday and against Buffalo. Historically bad the others. Miami played really well yesterday, despite selling their entire team they are not really that bad. OL played pretty decent yesterday.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

If they had a kicker for week 1 against Buffalo, it would be a different season with the up coming schedule.

The Buffalo and Miami games...if the Jets were sitting at 4 and 5 right now they would be in really good shape.

• Upvote 2

The plan:

1. Darnold plays good, team seems to play hard.

2. Jets lose 24-21 as they can't stop the pass.....again.

3. Redskins trade up from #5 to #4 with the Jets to get a QB.  Jets snag Andrew Thomas OT at #5 and use the Redskins 2nd round pick on a Center

4. I send a Thank You card to Dan Snyder.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The plan:

3. Redskins trade up from #5 to #4 with the Jets to get a QB.  Jets snag Andrew Thomas OT at #5 and use the Redskins 2nd round pick on a Center

no way man.  I don't think I could take a loss to the Skins!  they have to beat them and the Bengals.  the raiders are actually looking good now, and even the fins looked better against us and the colts.  but the skins and bengals?  My God, you cannot lose to those two teams.

10 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

no way man.  I don't think I could take a loss to the Skins!  they have to beat them and the Bengals.  the raiders are actually looking good now, and even the fins looked better against us and the colts.  but the skins and bengals?  My God, you cannot lose to those two teams.

If I could choose I'd want the Jets to beat the Raiders, Patriots and Dolphins....and lose to everyone else for Draft pick purposes. lol

43 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The plan:

I respectfully disagree. After several years of hoping they lose so we can draft a franchise QB I want to see some winning. I believe Darnold is the real deal and draft position isn’t as crucial for other position players anyway. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, docdhc said:
48 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The plan:

I respectfully disagree. After several years of hoping they lose so we can draft a franchise QB I want to see some winning. I believe Darnold is the real deal and draft position isn’t as crucial for other position players anyway. 

I get it...but I'm fine with some moral victories now at this point.  As long as Darnold continues to look good and is protected I don't mind the Jets losing some 24-21 games because of our pass defense or something.  I want a team that looks competitive, plays hard, has an improving QB....but the Jets are what they are, which is not very good.  We've got at least 4 more losses remaining in these final 7 games IMO.

On 11/11/2019 at 9:49 AM, JoeC36 said:

From a DC Jets club....  I'll be there Saturday night.

REMINDERS - Saturday Evening Gathering at the Irish Channel and the Charter Bus. Just a couple of reminders… There will be a gathering of JETS fans (including the Charlotte Jets Fans) at the Irish Channel on Saturday night beginning at 7:30 – 8:00pm. Please feel free to attend!

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2019 at 12:46 PM, jetstream23 said:

The plan:

Andrews + Biadesz + WR with our #1 & two #2s would be like a dream scenario. Another Guard with one of our 3s & we already signed Scherff in Free agency would be Sam Darnolds wet dream.

Andrews-Scherff-Biadesz-Camp winner-Edoga

That would be a helluva start to 2020! 

• Sympathy 1

Predictions:

Jamison Crowder will have a big day against his ex-team: 13 targets 9 receptions 121 yards 1 TD

Sam Darnold will complete 21of 31 for 300 or more  yards and 2 touchdowns in his 20th game as a starting quarterback. 

Le'Veon Bell will have his best game since joining the Jets. He'll rush for 100 plus yards and give roughly 40 to 50 yards receiving as Sam's hot read. Did you know? This Sunday will mark 5 years when Bell had the 2nd best rushing game of his career  on November 17, 2014. In that game at Tennessee, Bell gained 204 yards in a win against the 1-8 Titans. 

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Andrews + Biadesz + WR with our #1 & two #2s would be like a dream scenario. Another Guard with one of our 3s & we already signed Scherff in Free agency would be Sam Darnolds wet dream.

Andrews-Scherff-Biadesz-Camp winner-Edoga

That would be a helluva start to 2020! 

This would indeed be an incredible O-line turnaround. I would throw in Trey Smith in the third round and this would be a Dallas like dominant offensive line by 2021- assuming the rookies pan out. 

But it would entail massive investment by our GM in the Oline and it would mean the Jets get VERY lucky with Biadasz, Andrew and even Smith all SLIDING in the draft. So, wishful thinking at best. 

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

This would indeed be an incredible O-line turnaround. I would throw in Trey Smith in the third round and this would be a Dallas like dominant offensive line by 2021- assuming the rookies pan out. 

But it would entail massive investment by our GM in the Oline and it would mean the Jets get VERY lucky with Biadasz, Andrew and even Smith all SLIDING in the draft. So, wishful thinking at best. 

They should target a move up for Biadesz. Once you get past 20 picks the cost goes way down. Especially coming from a high #2. 

• Upvote 1