2020 WR thread

maury77

6 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I love Mims.

My best mock drafts have me stealing him in the third after grabbing Tee in the second. 

image.png.dcd9e8feaaa2213953ac337eb27c168e.png

I keep seeing Mims in the 3rd as well, I just think NFL evaluators have a higher grade on him.  When he runs 4.45 next week people will be bumping his stock some.  

11 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I keep seeing Mims in the 3rd as well, I just think NFL evaluators have a higher grade on him.  When he runs 4.45 next week people will be bumping his stock some.  

No doubt they'll grade him high.

I'm just hoping he falls through the cracks.  With this many high caliber receiving prospects, some special ones are bound to drop.  

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

No doubt they'll grade him high.

I'm just hoping he falls through the cracks.  With this many high caliber receiving prospects, some special ones are bound to drop.  

I definitely think there will be some guys who do fall a bit.  It’s just a gamble waiting when the need is so desperate for this team.  That’s why I’m so hell bent on taking a WR in the second and then being able to see what falls the mid 3rd and 4th rounds. 

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I definitely think there will be some guys who do fall a bit.  It’s just a gamble waiting when the need is so desperate for this team.  That’s why I’m so hell bent on taking a WR in the second and then being able to see what falls the mid 3rd and 4th rounds. 

They can’t wait until the 3rd round to take a wr, even if they keep Robbie.  But if they let Robbie walk you’d have to think they’re primed to take 2 wrs with their first 4 picks, and leave rb to day 3.

58 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

They can’t wait until the 3rd round to take a wr, even if they keep Robbie.  But if they let Robbie walk you’d have to think they’re primed to take 2 wrs with their first 4 picks, and leave rb to day 3.

If Gase does the non retarded thing and keeps bell for next season we won’t need a rb

On 2/18/2020 at 6:49 AM, sec101row23 said:

If the Jets go OT at 11, this should be the pick at 48.  

I just started watching some more tape of him and I'm smitten. 

Imagine the first four picks going:

Becton/Thomas

Mims

Edwards-Helaire

Pittman/ Ruiz 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, RobR said:

I just started watching some more tape of him and I'm smitten. 

Imagine the first four picks going:

Becton/Thomas

Mims

Edwards-Helaire

Pittman/ Ruiz 

Mims can do a little of everything IMO.  He has the size and ability to win contested ball situations, has the speed to be a deep threat, catches the ball naturally and has good run after catch.  

I have had this Mims/ Pittman combo in my head for several months now.  Definitely a possibility.  

• Upvote 1

On 2/22/2020 at 6:22 AM, sec101row23 said:

Like 1st round... it won't sound crazy in 8 weeks. After Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs... there's going to be another 2-3 who get picked in the top 40... guaranteed. 

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Mims is only 22.  

Mims, Pittman, and Hill look like the only consensus day 1/2 guys who will turn 23 this season. McLaurin turned 24 last season. Not saying he’s ancient, but teams for sure look at age especially at WR where age adjusted performance is one of the better indicators of success.

2 hours ago, derp said:

Mims, Pittman, and Hill look like the only consensus day 1/2 guys who will turn 23 this season. McLaurin turned 24 last season. Not saying he’s ancient, but teams for sure look at age especially at WR where age adjusted performance is one of the better indicators of success.

It's only an issue if they're raw - so to speak. Mims and Pittman (IMO) are bolt on prospects who come ready to play. I'm fine with them not being 20/21 years old when they can hit the ground running out of the box

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It's only an issue if they're raw - so to speak. Mims and Pittman (IMO) are bolt on prospects who come ready to play. I'm fine with them not being 20/21 years old when they can hit the ground running out of the box

I'm thrilled with either day 2 or even Mims late R1 after a trade down. Was speculating as to why guys like those or McLaurin fall to the second day.

Mims probably checks more analytics boxes (including breakout age) than any other WR in this class and appears to have awesome physical tools. I'd be beyond thrilled with him at 48. Have a feeling he's a "riser" even in this elite class. Age and raw production are the only nitpicks and both are overrated. Think he's a day 1 producer with long-term starter upside.

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, derp said:

I'm thrilled with either day 2 or even Mims late R1 after a trade down. Was speculating as to why guys like those or McLaurin fall to the second day.

Mims probably checks more analytics boxes (including breakout age) than any other WR in this class and appears to have awesome physical tools. I'd be beyond thrilled with him at 48. Have a feeling he's a "riser" even in this elite class. Age and raw production are the only nitpicks and both are overrated. Think he's a day 1 producer with long-term starter upside.

I agree with all this...  I've been gushing over Mims since he jumped out on film last year when i was wanking off to Jalen Hurd... He's just one of those natural receivers you don't need an army of evaluators to sell you on -- you just know it watching him. 

I *boldly* predicted he would sneak into round 1 last fall, and that's not looking so bold now. 

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

What if we traded our 2 and one of the 3s to move up for whichever WR?

Is that pointless, I guess you could sit there and take whoever falls to 48?

Depends so much how the board is falling and how they feel about certain guys. If there’s somebody who would’ve been in the mix at eleven then yeah maybe. Not sure who that would be.

I think 48 and 79 gets you between 30 and 31 and 48 and 68 gets you in the 27/28 range. I do think the teams in that region (27, 28, 30, 31 are Seattle, Baltimore, Green Bay, and SF) are historically amenable to moving down. There’s probably a cheaper way to get into early day two also.

I’m just not honestly sure who you go and get among the tier 2 guys besides Mims. Higgins maybe. Somebody really solid is going to fall to 48.

14 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

When it comes to press man this is why I hold the Senior Bowl in such high regards. They make corners that have never done it, do it, and receivers that have never seen it, fight through it. Same way they make offensive lineman play different positions than what they are accustomed to.

2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I would be highly hesitant to give up one of our thirds to move up in this draft because we should get good players if we stay put. Later in the game I'd probably be for it if the right guy slides.

4 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Would it be worth it to snag a guy like Ruggs, Higgins, Jefferson? Tough call, very well could be. That’s why Douglas gets paid the big bucks to make tough decisions like that

2 hours ago, JiF said:

That's solid insight right there, I kind of miss Mayock.  I didnt always agree with him but I thought he was one of the better analysts when it came to the draft.

He literally knew something, and had watched tape, on almost every guy in the draft. I remember two years ago when we drafted Herndon, he absolutely loved the pick. Said that if he had not got hurt late that year, he would have been a fringe late 1st/really early 2nd rd pick. Just using that example because it was a Jet pick, but he was so on point with his stuff.

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2020 at 7:36 PM, Samtorobby47 said:

What if we traded Adams for a first round pick?

Now you can draft both a franchise LT and  one of these stud WRs