3 Cone Drill

choon328

1 minute ago, Bowles Movement said:

He was picked at the end of the second round   We didnt have a second round pick

Are you suggesting we should have picked him with 3rd pick of round 1?   

That's what I read into his post which, as you know, is totally insane.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bowles Movement said:

Obviously all the NFL GMs including the Seahawks which could have taken him 20 something picks after Quinnen Williams didnt agree with your assessment.   But carry on. 

He's helping the Seahawks win today. QW is eating bon-bons on the couch, Carry on. 

DK Metcalf 58 catches 900 yards 7 TD 

QW 15 solo tackles 2.5 sacks 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

He was picked at the end of the second round   We didnt have a second round pick

Are you suggesting we should have picked him with 3rd pick of round 1?   

Im assuming you haven't watched him play.  He's a stud #1 WR. What would you give for one of those? And of our lady GM wasn't a complete buffoon here would've traded down and they could've picked Bradbury and him most likely. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Bowles Movement said:

The guy had production and injury issues that made him less than a cant miss prospect and knocked him down the draft board

But Im sure you knew also that Brady was going to be a great QB and would have taken him in the first round instead of the 6th

You probably also wanted Michael Thomas who has led the NFL in receptions though he went mid 2 nd round.

You should submit your GM resume around the NFL.

Not going to waste my time with you. 

Go read the threads when this discussion was a thing before the draft. 

No one is talking about anyone or anything but DK Metcalf. 

Face the facts or shut the hell up. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

30 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes would have beeN the better pick instead of QW we needed a #1 WR. 

Would wager, despite obviously a bit of help from someone other than Mother Nature, Metcalf is way more familiar with the inside of a weight room than QW is. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Eagles drafted that stiff JJ  Arcega-Whitside 7 picks before Metcalf.  Imagine needing a WR, scouting the position group for months and then picking Arcega-Whiteside over Metcalf?  Mind boggling. 

My best guess is the thinking amongst the league was Metcalf probably isn’t lasting past his first deal. Best to try and land him in the 3rd or 4th and get that type of flare-up on the cheap.

19 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Eagles drafted that stiff JJ  Arcega-Whitside 7 picks before Metcalf.  Imagine needing a WR, scouting the position group for months and then picking Arcega-Whiteside over Metcalf?  Mind boggling. 

It's beyond mind boggling - and a good example (there's hundreds like it) of GMs & scouts being their own worst enemy. JJAW was literally the stiffest WR i've every tried to analyze on tape. The guy couldn't make a play in the middle of the field to save his life. And runs like he has cement shoes... They get lost in BS analytics and too many cooks in the kitchen

I'm a 40 year old a$$hole in Canada, and i could have stepped in a stopped that pick. 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

32 NFL gms passed on him once

Most also passed on him a second time.   We didn’t .  We didn’t have a second round pick.

To be critical of the Jets for not picking him 3rd in the entire draft is ludicrous.

Ill just leave it at that.

No, but i can be critical for not taking him with the 3rd overall. Or trading back and taking him with a 2nd we'd accumalate. 

Saying "31 other teams did blah blah" is a loser mentality. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

No, but i can be critical for not taking him with the 3rd overall. Or trading back and taking him with a 2nd we'd accumalate. 

Saying "31 other teams did blah blah" is a loser mentality. 

Don't waste your time I already put him/her on ignore. Not dealing with this crap for their 15th go round here on this forum. 

9 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

32 NFL gms passed on him once

Most also passed on him a second time.   We didn’t .  We didn’t have a second round pick.

To be critical of the Jets for not picking him 3rd in the entire draft is ludicrous.

Ill just leave it at that.

Picking Q Williams at #3 was also ludicrous so we managed to do it either way.

• Upvote 4