Gil Brandt's 12 most "clutch" NFL players right now: Adams # 12

Jetsfan80

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jamal Adams didn't draft Jamal Adams and do you really think those other QB's would be as good as they are on the current NY Jets roster. 

Yabba dabba do. 

They would be great QBs because they're great. Did you really think Ryan Fitzpatrick would have his best ever season (by far) here? How about Josh McCown completing almost 70% of his passes with that half a Pennington arm of his?

I know it's comforting to tell yourself we were in no-win situations, but we weren't. Especially if we didn't then draft another ****ing safety right after him, followed by 2 bust WRs, no hits with our late rounders, and then with the pick after Darnold - which we also would have still had to use on another position (as well as 3 more 2nd rounders) -  another ****ing DT. 

Hell yes they could have been great here. If the rationale is "if we drafted Mahomes, and then still picked a safety and bust WRs and then bust DTs and a teaser TE and then further blew every pick we also sank into Darnold..." yeah sure. But what a narrow argument to make. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So you know for a fact what JD would do with the picks if he trades Jamal Adams or what he's doing with the #11 pick. 

Is that what I said or are you putting words in my mouth to dress your point up better?

I said he will not go DT and that much is clear to anyone with an idea of the Jets roster needs, team direction or anything to do with it. What DT is even worth #11 in this draft? None. I do not know who he will pick, but we have a small range of players we know that he will target being that the roster situation is in obvious state of emergency in the OL and playmaker department. It doesn’t take a genius GM to sit here, watch all 16 games and come away with the impression that OL and playmakers are needed above all. It also doesn’t take a genius GM to know we just had the #1 rush defense in the league with 6th rounders and UDFA’s. So please, again, tell me why that would even be an option?

Safe to say he isn’t going to DT and you are just wasting both of our times blowing hot air smh...

1 hour ago, JiF said:

He wouldnt even been selected in the top 200!!!!!!

Clearly I was wrong in the clutch.  He's so clutch, he'd be picked 12th!  Ahead of Tom Brady, Drew Brees and almost all the QB's in the NFL.

That's ALOT of clutch!  More clutch than a QB can clutch!

At this level of clutch, we should definitely have our clutch GM sign him to a clutch long term deal making him the highest paid clutch defender in the NFL.  His clutch play in big meaningful clutch games really earned that clutchy clutchy kind of money! 

BE CLUTCH WOODY, SIGN THE CHECK WOODY!

CLUTCH!

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yabba dabba do. 

They would be great QBs because they're great. Did you really think Ryan Fitzpatrick would have his best ever season (by far) here? How about Josh McCown completing almost 70% of his passes with that half a Pennington arm of his?

I know it's comforting to tell yourself we were in no-win situations, but we weren't. Especially if we didn't then draft another ****ing safety right after him, followed by 2 bust WRs, no hits with our late rounders, and then with the pick after Darnold - which we also would have still had to use on another position (as well as 3 more 2nd rounders) -  another ****ing DT. 

Hell yes they could have been great here. If the rationale is "if we drafted Mahomes, and then still picked a safety and bust WRs and then bust DTs and a teaser TE and then further blew every pick we also sank into Darnold..." yeah sure. But what a narrow argument to make. 

BAM BAM 

Ryan Fitzpatrick had 2 decent WR's in Marshall and Decker and we had the easiest schedule in the NFL that year. 

No way in hell can anyone say Mahomes and Watson would have been great here and guarantee success, it can be said in conversation only. 

The NY Jets drafted Jamal Adams and he's a great player that's a fact. 

What if.....................

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

BAM BAM 

Ryan Fitzpatrick had 2 decent WR's in Marshall and Decker and we had the easiest schedule in the NFL that year. 

No way in hell can anyone say Mahomes and Watson would have been great here and guarantee success, it can be said in conversation only. 

The NY Jets drafted Jamal Adams and he's a great player that's a fact. 

What if.....................

Yawn. Yes I can and do say that the game's best players would be great elsewhere. Even here.

It would involve a minor change in philosophy, since it's not just a simple swap: the same stupid philosophy that led to drafting a safety over two franchise QBs (neither of whom you could have messed up picking) is the one that led to other overthinking garbage picks. But also because we'd still get those 4 high picks we wouldn't then use on Darnold, and the much higher we wouldn't have in 2019 when we were "trapped" into taking another ****ing DT.

The problem is you take the rest of the team as-was as a given. I do not. 

Mahomes or Watson PLUS

1. 2017 2nd rounder -- not another ****ing safety right after drafting your FQB
  2. 2018 1st rounder -- not traded away for Darnold
  3. 2018 2nd rounder -- not traded away for Darnold
  4. 2018 2nd rounder -- not traded away for Darnold
  5. 2018 3rd rounder -- how about a pick to support the FQB instead of a ****ing DT we didn't need? Baltimore did. Twice right after the Shepherd pick. How about a probowl LT? That'd be nice.
  6. 2019 1st rounder -- we wouldn't be picking 3rd, so remove the pressure to take the "value" pick of a ***ing DT
  7. 2019 2nd rounder -- not traded away for Darnold
  8. 2019 3rd rounder -- build more around your QB instead of Polite, or just take any player everyone else didn't treat like he was made of plutonium

So I'm even presuming from 2017+ that idiot still drafted those 2 useless stiff WRs, the drunk driver, the worthless backup RBs, and more. Herndon seemed fine, when he was on the field.  

And the total differences between this and the team we have? No Adams, no Maye, no Shepherd, no Darnold, no QW. As of right now Mahomes or Watson alone is arguably worth more than those 5 players. With those 7 high draft picks added in, it's not even up for discussion.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yawn. Yes I can and do say that the game's best players would be great elsewhere. Even here.

It would involve a minor change in philosophy, since it's not just a simple swap: the same stupid philosophy that led to drafting a safety over two franchise QBs (neither of whom you could have messed up picking) is the one that led to other overthinking garbage picks. But also because we'd still get those 4 high picks we wouldn't then use on Darnold, and the much higher we wouldn't have in 2019 when we were "trapped" into taking another ****ing DT.

The problem is you take the rest of the team as-was as a given. I do not. 

Mahomes or Watson PLUS

1. 2017 2nd rounder -- not another ****ing safety right after drafting your FQB
  2. 2018 1st rounder -- not traded away for Darnold
  3. 2018 2nd rounder -- not traded away for Darnold
  4. 2018 2nd rounder -- not traded away for Darnold
  5. 2018 3rd rounder -- how about a pick to support the FQB instead of a ****ing DT we didn't need? Baltimore did. Twice right after the Shepherd pick. How about a probowl LT? That'd be nice.
  6. 2019 1st rounder -- we wouldn't be picking 3rd, so remove the pressure to take the "value" pick of a ***ing DT
  7. 2019 2nd rounder -- not traded away for Darnold
  8. 2019 3rd rounder -- build more around your QB instead of Polite, or just take any player everyone else didn't treat like he was made of plutonium

So I'm even presuming from 2017+ that idiot still drafted those 2 useless stiff WRs, the drunk driver, the worthless backup RBs, and more. Herndon seemed fine, when he was on the field.  

And the total differences between this and the team we have? No Adams, no Maye, no Shepherd, no Darnold, no QW. As of right now Mahomes or Watson alone is arguably worth more than those 5 players. With those 7 high draft picks added in, it's not even up for discussion.

Is there something wrong with you? Trying to be logical to the illogical. It’s like talking to the wall. 

• Haha 1