Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

He did get paid, lol. Problem is, not by us, and a two year deal is great for him, he can become a FA again when he’s what 27 or 28?

Meanwhile our offense couldn’t look worse. Whatever it is JD is doing, he’s not looking to win in ‘20, that’s for sure. We’re Jag Central right now.

lol.  So much whining over a 47 % catch rate.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

He got a lot of sacks for a safety.  He did not get a lot of sacks for a "defensive weapon."  He got very few INTs for a safety.  He got very few INTs for a defensive weapon.  He forced 2 fumbles, which again, is not a lot for a "defensive weapon,"  In fact, it is the exact same amount as Buster Skrine.  He made 61 tackles, which is outside of the top 100 for a defender.   He also did not crack the top 100 in passes defended.

And, no, I'm not willing to pay a "defensive weapon" who "does the things that don't show up in the stat sheet," top of the NFL defender money.

Question: Can you elaborate on what you mean by "defensive weapon?"

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

I have to believe that many Jet players read these message boards and the way so-called Jets fans talk about the better players on the team because those players don’t act like some fans prefer makes one wonder why any player would resign here if he has an option elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

When they say it’s not about the money... well you know the rest. 

Just now, Tinstar said:

I have to believe that many Jet players read these message boards and the way so-called Jets fans talk about the better players on the team because those players don’t act like some fans prefer makes one wonder why any player would resign here if he has an option elsewhere.

Yes, its Jets fans' fault the team has sucked for 50 years.

JD is doing just fine at evaluating the market.  And last I checked, quite a few players have already signed back here.  

Just now, slimjasi said:

Yeah, the good news is that there are as good or better WRs in the draft. 

The bad news is that we are now desperate for several of them. 

We would have been desperate for WRs whether Robby were here or not.  Now we just need to draft 2-3 instead of 1-2.  It's really not a big deal.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We would have been desperate for WRs whether Robby were here or not.  Now we just need to draft 2-3 instead of 1-2.  It's really not a big deal.

Exactly.  Some forget how deep this draft class in with wide receivers.  Thanks to the Giants 3rd rounder we gained we can easily get two very good receivers at 48 and 68 after getting a bigtime OL at 11.  I liked Robby but let’s not act like he was a great WR 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Ask the guy who used the ambiguous term in the first place.

@heymangold

A guy that lines up everywhere, can and has done it all and is actually properly used by his coach.  GW loves this guy and uses him properly, he was probably a top 5-10 guy on the entire defensive side of the ball last year.  Typical jets fans though, want to get rid of a guy that is actually good cause he sends out a couple tweets they seem “bad”.

6 minutes ago, heymangold said:

A guy that lines up everywhere, can and has done it all and is actually properly used by his coach.  GW loves this guy and uses him properly, he was probably a top 5-10 guy on the entire defensive side of the ball last year.  Typical jets fans though, want to get rid of a guy that is actually good cause he sends out a couple tweets they seem “bad”.

Adorable, but it’s not the tweets.  It’s that all of the things he’s supposedly the bestest at don’t really matter.

18 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I feel really bad for them if their skin is so thin.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Adorable, but it’s not the tweets.  It’s that all of the things he’s supposedly the bestest at don’t really matter.

Led the team in solo tackles, tied for the lead in QB hits and tackles for loss and 2nd in sacks.  Also was 1st team all pro.  I bet you’re a met/Yankees fan that always whines about homegrown players, which he is for the jets.  Why do you want to trade him?  Who are we gonna pay money to?

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Good luck with that . Let’s just draft some 3rd Rd recievers to go up against guys like Gilmore , Jones and Howard . 

Do not look up Robby's numbers against Gilmore if that's something you are concerned about. 

Hint: they're UGLY.

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Good luck with that . Let’s just draft some 3rd Rd recievers to go up against guys like Gilmore , Jones and Howard . 

Only one full season with Crowder and already almost as many TD’s with him as Sam had with Robby. Ryan Griffin’s 5 is nearly half of what Robby’s is after being a 2019 mid-season pick up.

Later Bobby or whatever your name was..

• Upvote 1

Just now, heymangold said:

Led the team in solo tackles, tied for the lead in QB hits and tackles for loss and 2nd in sacks.  Also was 1st team all pro.  I bet you’re a met/Yankees fan that always whines about homegrown players, which he is for the jets.  Why do you want to trade him?  Who are we gonna pay money to?

There are a vocal minority of posters on this board that hate Jamal. I think we can all understand their argument about not paying a safety $15+ mil a year, or drafting one 6th overall (or back to back rounds 1 & 2) - and all of those are good points.

But I think they lose the plot when they try to explain how 'average' of a player he is. He's a really good NFL player, has improved every year, is good for the organization's culture and, most importantly, so many of his 'plays' don't show up in stats - he's constantly flying around the field making plays.

I'd like to keep him. I'd like to give him his money over the next four or so years and then be in a position, when this roster is better, to ask him to take a pay cut, release him or be in a position where the cap has gone up so much that his % is more reasonable. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Do not look up Robby's numbers against Gilmore if that's something you are concerned about. 

Hint: they're UGLY.

So is everybody else that’s why he has been considered the best Corner in football for few years now.. but hey I’m sure some random 3rd rounder given our history of drafting Receivers lately Gonna come in and thrive.  Feel like I have seen this plan somewhere  before . 

Yes, its Jets fans' fault the team has sucked for 50 years.
JD is doing just fine at evaluating the market.  And last I checked, quite a few players have already signed back here.  

If the zoot suit fits, then strut . I agree that the GM is doing a fine job and have no complaints thus far. If a player like Adams makes it to free agency and leaves who could blame him . I made a statement a while back that was completely misunderstood by the vast majority on this board and resulted in me being banned temporarily. Every time I read this board my statement rings in my head like a bell .
We’re supposed to be fans of a team, not players . As far as I know different cultures of people make up that team who all have various socioeconomic backgrounds. As long as those players com together on game day and play as a team I could careless how they act away from the team .

6 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

That's the plan. There are 20-25 receivers in this draft better than Robby. He does not move the needle in the bigger picture for the Jets. We will be ok, trust me.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Only one full season with Crowder and already almost as many TD’s with him as Sam had with Robby. Ryan Griffin’s 5 is nearly half of what Robby’s is after being a 2019 mid-season pick up.

Later Bobby or whatever your name was..

He only played 2 with Sam . So it’s pretty evenly on pace. 

1 minute ago, section314 said:

That's the plan. There are 20-25 receivers in this draft better than Robby. He does not move the needle in the bigger picture for the Jets. We will be ok, trust me.

Yup.  You can tell some fans have no idea how good this WR draft class is.