Restraint (challenge)

Dcat

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I like talking about trading Adams though.

Trading him is the logical, intelligent move - but it seems like we’re not doing.  New GM, same story.

I don't disagree.  But aren't we all tired of the discussion?  It just drones on and on and frankly....  it ain't happening. And all the rallying on this board to get Adams traded has ZERO impact.  Abesnt a blockbuster deal from some dopey team (Dallas?), Adams will be here for the next 2 years at a minimum.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I don't disagree.  But aren't we all tired of the discussion?  It just drones on and on and frankly....  it ain't happening. And all the rallying on this board to get Adams traded has ZERO impact.  Abesnt a blockbuster deal from some dopey team (Dallas?), Adams will be here for the next 2 years at a minimum.

Fair enough.  

If I thought there was even a slight chance they were trading him I wouldn’t agree - but it’s not happening so you’re correct - it’s pointless to discuss....

I’ll make it the 48 hours!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

I dare this board not to mention "trading Adams" for 48 hours. I say you can't do it.

How about a charity bet?  If no mention of trading Adams for 48 hours from a given start point, then I will donate $25 to @Maxman's favorite charity.

If anyone mentions trading Adams during the time period, they fork out $25 to my favorite charities.

Or does that give me an unfair advantge?

Just kidding really, but aren't we getting tired of this?  We all know he is going nowhere, like it or not.

Trade Adams for 1st round picks. 

• Haha 2

Just now, dbatesman said:

One funny thing about this board is the number of people who scold us to "stop talking about " despite the fact that in in 100% of cases, "stop talking about " is more grating and annoying than any actual discussion of .

Yep.  Rather than just ignoring the content they don't like they make sure everyone knows they're annoyed.  

57 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

One funny thing about this board is the number of people who scold us to "stop talking about (topic)" despite the fact that in in 100% of cases, "stop talking about (topic)" is more grating and annoying than any actual discussion of (topic).

This requires further and more detailed discussion.  But first we have to discuss rules of decorum for the discussion.  Anything else will require extreme scolding.  Perhaps physical abuse too.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Rather than just ignoring the content they don't like they make sure everyone knows they're annoyed.  

It's impossible to ignore the content when it appears in every single thread, no matter what the the thread title.

Did you notice how it invaded the Combine thread? 

"Trade Adams" is the message board Corona Virus.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It's impossible to ignore the content when it appears in every single thread, no matter what the the thread title.

Did you notice how it invaded the Combine thread? 

"Trade Adams" is the message board Corona Virus.  

It's the most important topic of the offseason other than the draft.   Where JD decides to devote resources is pretty important in determining whether he's different and a significant improvement over the GM's that came before him.  Naturally it's going to be on everyone's minds until something happens there.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope.  It'll create content regardless.  Because posters would just spend the next several months ripping on @T0mShane, @Warfish, and myself, among others.  

I’m pretty sure history will show the people saying that paying Adams won’r get you a return on investment will win out over the people who think that paying Adams like a CB1 is a good idea. 

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's the most important topic of the offseason other than the draft.   Where JD decides to devote resources is pretty important in determining whether he's different and a significant improvement over the GM's that came before him.  Naturally it's going to be on everyone's minds until something happens there.

so until then, we should all repeat ourselves 5,000 times here.  OK