CB Jeff Okudah

There was a thread asking what DEFENSIVE player Jet fans would be okay with at 11 and it sounded like majority of fans were pretty clear that it would have to be Chase Young or Okudah. Even Simmons didn't get much love. 

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Chase Young and Okudah are the ONLY defensive players I'm okay with drafting at 11. I view Okudah as a shut down #1 CB who has enough polish, talent and man cover skills that he can step right in and dominate.   

17 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I really want a tackle prospects, however if he was on board he would have to be our selection to keep or trade back. The Jones guy from Houston, is he worth choosing in the 1st?

I was curious about this myself...if you rank him at #5 tackle in this class he is the only senior...the other 4 are all juniors.

Josh Jones has 45 starts at left tackle for U of Houston. He practiced against Ed Oliver for at least 2-3 seasons. This player might deserve a better look.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Vikings just cut Xavier Rhodes, you would think there would be a demand for him but is he another Trumaine?

If you put anything into PFF analytics, Rhodes had a worse season than Trumaine Johnson in 2019.   Not sure how that’s possible, but I would say demand isn’t going to be very high. 

• Upvote 1

It’s tough to say a CB prospect is amazing when that CBs team led FBS in sacks. Not to say that Okudah won’t be great, but it’s also hard to say he’s Patrick Peterson until he’s kicking down dudes without the benefit of Chase Young and OSU’s front terrifying opposing QBs.

I wouldn't be happy with this pick. Offense wins in the regular season and if we shore up the line and add an elite receiver we would not only be much better off, but we could have an explosive offense that would be so much fun to watch. I'm OK with adding free agent corners and drafting offensive line and WR in the first three rounds. I would rather have Lamb or Jeudy than the best corner. Just-Build-Around-Sam!

14 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

If you put anything into PFF analytics, Rhodes had a worse season than Trumaine Johnson in 2019.   Not sure how that’s possible, but I would say demand isn’t going to be very high. 

85% completion percentage against with 4 TDs allowed and 0 picks for Rhodes comapred to 75%, 1TD and 1 pick for Tru.  So the numbers back up PFF.  On the other hand, Rhodes will only cost the Vikings $4.8M in dead money in 2020, whereas Tru will cost us $12M in dead cap. 

$34MM cap space wasted on that slug to give us a lousy 17 games.

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s tough to say a CB prospect is amazing when that CBs team led FBS in sacks. Not to say that Okudah won’t be great, but it’s also hard to say he’s Patrick Peterson until he’s kicking down dudes without the benefit of Chase Young and OSU’s front terrifying opposing QBs.

Sounds like someone never watched Okudah play. 

Okudah dropping to 11 would be a dream come true for most teams.  However, we are not most teams.  If we had not ignored OL in the draft for most of the past 5 seasons he would be a great pick.  And while we did not ignore WR, we just sucked at picking them.  Stewart, Hansen, Smith  Peake, Saunders and Shaq Evans.  What a crew.

Offense on days 1 & 2 please.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Okudah dropping to 11 would be a dream come true for most teams.  However, we are not most teams.  If we had not ignored OL in the draft for most of the past 5 seasons he would be a great pick.  And while we did not ignore WR, we just sucked at picking them.  Stewart, Hansen, Smith  Peake, Saunders and Shaq Evans.  What a crew.

Offense on days 1 & 2 please.

I keep half-joking about this, but if you traded Adams, picking Okudah at 11 and then OL at 17 would be amazing.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

I know he had a bad year just from watching games last year, when some of these players lose it they lose it very fast.  Also some guys get totally exposed once pass rush is decreased.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Lith said:

85% completion percentage against with 4 TDs allowed and 0 picks for Rhodes comapred to 75%, 1TD and 1 pick for Tru.  So the numbers back up PFF.  On the other hand, Rhodes will only cost the Vikings $4.8M in dead money in 2020, whereas Tru will cost us $12M in dead cap. 

$34MM cap space wasted on that slug to give us a lousy 17 games.

Rhodes seems like a guy who mailed it in.

The CB I like is Darqueze Denard from cincy.  He seems like he won't command big money and could outplay a contract if you put him in the right defense.  

6 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Rhodes seems like a guy who mailed it in.

The CB I like is Darqueze Denard from cincy.  He seems like he won't command big money and could outplay a contract if you put him in the right defense.  

Denard or Darby.  I liked them both coming out of college. 

On 3/12/2020 at 8:24 PM, Greenseed4 said:

Panthers are losing James Bradberry
Jaguars lost Jalen Ramsey & AJ Bouye
Giants suck everywhere on Defense
Patrick Peterson + Okudah would be scary on the same Cardinals secondary 

... so between them and the Lions, I count five teams that might be interested before #11. i said that to my self thats if okudah is still standin at 11 they have to get ether a line man or a safty in the 1st round

On 3/14/2020 at 8:44 AM, nico002 said:

no ******* way we should draft a cb, especially one that ran a 4.5 and played with Bosa and Young rushing the passer. F U K T H A T. To me the this guy is a price amukamara/Eli Apple type prospect 

Richard Sherman ran a 4.56. He's ok.