How much would you spend for a Conklin or Thuney type FA? Years and $$$$

$16 per year for Conklin. 

I wouldn’t go all in for a guy like Thuney though. I’d wait for the second wave. A guy who can play center, sure. Someone like Glasgow, I’d be aggressive on with a $12-14 per year deal. But aside from him and Conklin, I’d prefer to wait for guys like Van Roten, Vaitai, Baluga, and McGovern. You can probably get those guys at $10 or so per year and they’re solid players.

You kind of have to take what you can get though. But is spending $16 for Conklin and $14 for Thuney going to be that much better than Baluga $10 and McGovern $10? The drop off doesn’t seem drastic and we’ll be able To sign another guy with the $10 per year difference.

• Upvote 1

We’re going to have to overpay because we’re the Jets. We’re going to have to hope they’ll be worth it. We need proper O-line players however much they cost, just to buy us a few drafts to get younger versions of them. 
Problem is, we have to overpay now because Sam will get broken by the time we get young O-line players through the next 2-3 drafts if we don’t. 

1 hour ago, Rolloffjet said:

Also side note imho if we sign Conklin to big money he will be our left tackle. 

That would be a bad move.  Conklin plays RT

I’d rather sign Beachum or Peters to a one year deal and start whatever OT we draft at 11 at RT

• Upvote 1

Pay whatever it takes to sign Conklin. I agree with those who have doubts about Thuney, playing for the cheats and getting zero holding calls. I think there will be a big drop off in his performance, especially if he signs with the Jets. That said, for a reasonable deal I'd take him considering the state of our OL.

Even if JD gets both of them I still want an LT with the #11 pick and a center with the first 3rd round pick. Best WR available with the 2nd round pick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

That would be a bad move.  Conklin plays RT

I’d rather sign Beachum or Peters to a one year deal and start whatever OT we draft at 11 at RT

He played LT in college. The only reason he’s on the right side in Tennessee is Taylor Lewan. 

• Upvote 1

These are the 5 highest paid right tackles currently...

Screenshot_20200315-215405.thumb.png.b07f501816a9dd15e48b614e2a7aae53.png

If we assume that the Jets are going to reset the market then Conklin is looking at 19 a year. Maybe 18.5.  My guess: 4 years 76 million.

Here are the 5 highest paid left guards currently....

Screenshot_20200315-215500.thumb.png.e78b4419952479ec0abde6692721fbd1.png

If the Jets reset the market they could land Thuney at 14 million a year.  My guess: 5 years 70 million

And for those curious, here are the 5 highest paid offensive lines for 2020

Screenshot_20200315-221608.thumb.png.fa82cba78be3349b4bb416fb0b82f4ac.png

• Upvote 1

Overpay for Conklin (screw it, go 4/72M), then sign a 2nd tier G/C type guy for around $12m per.  That's $30m per for two new starters. The Jets can do that b/c they'll have two other starters on rookie deals for 4 years.

Then, Draft LT at #11, WR in 2nd round, C at top of third round, best OL left with later 3rd round pick.

Go for it.

Considering what top tier WRs are making, maybe it’s in our best interest to sign CeeDee or Jerry at #11, and get our other OT in the second round (I like Isaiah Wilson for RT... sign Conklin 4/75 and play him on the left, or roll the dice on Austin Jackson/Prince Wanago play them at LT, keep JC in the right).

3A922300-17DB-4406-A893-ABC3F7918373.jpeg