Robby Anderson

Web72

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Robby can run routes, folks need to stop with that. But even if Robby couldnt run anything but a go route, that's still the most dangerous route in the league. Furthermore in comparison, it doesnt matter what Fuller can run since he cant stay on the field. 

Dude has missed 22 games over a 4 year stretch. That's more than an entire season of games missed. Meanwhile, during the same 4 year stretch, Robby has only missed just 2 games. 

This is why Robby has better stats across the board. It's better to be a one trick pony than on the sideline. for more than a 3rd of your professional career.

I'll sign him too. He can accept a 3 year $24 million contract or take a hike.  Vertical WR's have limited value in this offense.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

That’s a coach problem not a personnel problem.

Its not a problem, it's his system. Nothing about Gase's history should have led anyone to believe Robby would've had a better year then he did. For some reason a bunch of people thought he'd catch 70 balls and have 1200 yards.  That's not happening in a Gase system unless you can run underneath routes and catch screens.  He doesn't do those things bc he has no ability to make defenders miss in the open field. 32 year old Demaryius Thomas showed more wiggle in the open field then Robby did. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m pro-signing Robbie. But I’m fine with letting him go if he takes over 12 mil somewhere else.

But I think keeping Robbie, drafting one of Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs, taking a RT in the 2nd should be strongly considered.

Problem is Fant is not a viable LT option

• Upvote 1

On 3/18/2020 at 5:16 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Robby can run routes, folks need to stop with that. But even if Robby couldnt run anything but a go route, that's still the most dangerous route in the league. Furthermore in comparison, it doesnt matter what Fuller can run since he cant stay on the field. 

Dude has missed 22 games over a 4 year stretch. That's more than an entire season of games missed. Meanwhile, during the same 4 year stretch, Robby has only missed just 2 games. 

This is why Robby has better stats across the board. It's better to be a one trick pony than on the sideline for more than a 3rd of your professional career.

Thank you. 

This is up there with his character issues. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

What do you guess he will sign for at this point? I’m thinking he gets a 4/$40 contract 

Hes 26, I think he signs a 2 year $21 million deal.  He'll be able to hit FA at the age of 28 and if he performs like he thinks he can he can still attract a multi-year deal at that time. A lot of players would be smart to sign a 1 or 2 year deal with the cap expecting to rise quite a bit over the next two years. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/18/2020 at 8:33 PM, choon328 said:

Its not a problem, it's his system. Nothing about Gase's history should have led anyone to believe Robby would've had a better year then he did. For some reason a bunch of people thought he'd catch 70 balls and have 1200 yards.  That's not happening in a Gase system unless you can run underneath routes and catch screens.  He doesn't do those things bc he has no ability to make defenders miss in the open field. 32 year old Demaryius Thomas showed more wiggle in the open field then Robby did. 

It's very realistic to think he would have had 70 catches if the season didn't go the way it did. last season was an train wreck. A wasteland of the craziest crap we've ever dealt with. 

Mono, luke Falk, worst o line in Jets history. 11 players on IR.  How can we expect him to come out and have a probowl season. 

I'm no Gase fan, but even he gets a pass imo.  Robby certainly does. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

We'd have to go back 3 years and add some of our own to make it real. Come on. You know this. 

He was arrested in 2017 then again in 2018. He's a terrible decision maker making near league minimum.  How is he going to act with tens of millions of dollars? Another infraction and he's probably gone for 6 games at minimum bc of his history. Im not willing to take that risk just bc he didn't get arrested in a year he knew he was going to make millions of dollars at the end of it.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, choon328 said:

He was arrested in 2017 then again in 2018. He's a terrible decision maker making near league minimum.  How is he going to act with tens of millions of dollars? Another infraction and he's probably gone for 6 games at minimum bc of his history. Im not willing to take that risk just bc he didn't get arrested in a year he knew he was going to make millions of dollars at the end of it.

I don't think Robby has been suspended for anything yet. Barring something crazy he shouldn't be getting a 6 games suspension for bad behavior. Trust me I have the same concerns, you'd have to imagine they put some Antonio Brown style clauses into whatever deal they give Robby.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I don't think Robby has been suspended for anything yet. Barring something crazy he shouldn't be getting a 6 games suspension for bad behavior. Trust me I have the same concerns, you'd have to imagine they put some Antonio Brown style clauses into whatever deal they give Robby.

They've given him a pass twice.  He has a history and that matters.  He is subject to an initial 6 game suspension based on his history according to the personal conduct policy. 

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The tape doesn't lie but your emotions do. That's a fact. 

No emotions at all. Tape will show you robby running and winning on plenty of routes that aren’t go routes . His hitch routes, comebacks,  and His slants are almost always open cause corners fear his speed.  He ran a number Double move routes to get open in the red zone this year as well. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, choon328 said:

They've given him a pass twice.  He has a history and that matters.  He is subject to an initial 6 game suspension based on his history according to the personal conduct policy. 

Charges were dropped, I'd be pretty surprised if he received 6 games for another disorderly conduct. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

I could care less about RBS or wrs right now. You can get tht anywhere... Robby was undrafted. FIX THE OLINE!!!

Pretty much. His weighted numbers show it too. Finding another guy that runs in straight lines really fast and drops more than half the balls thrown his way isn't going to be hard to recreate. Anderson is exactly the type of guy you let walk.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

I could care less about RBS or wrs right now. You can get tht anywhere... Robby was undrafted. FIX THE OLINE!!!

Well over the last week the Jets have hired a new LT, and a new C.  Brought back the starting LG from last year.

What can you do in 4 days.  lol

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Pretty much. His weighted numbers show it too. Finding another guy that runs in straight lines really fast and drops more than half the balls thrown his way isn't going to be hard to recreate. Anderson is exactly the type of guy you let walk.  

Fix the oline first. That's all I'm asking... 

2 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

I care about the stupid narrative tht we should worry about Robby fricken Anderson before allocating resources aggressively to the oline first. 

Its football 101

The GM spent the majority of his salary cap on O line, he is obviously attempting to upgrade it. However, WR is still a position and the Jets currently have none. It’d be nice to get Robby back on a team friendly deal

• Upvote 3