Josh Allen vs Sam Darnold

Josh Allen has had better coaching and a ton more talent around him when compared to Sam. Give them both an even playing field and I will take Sam every day. I can't wait to see J Allen crushed on one of his runs! and I hope its the Jets that crush him.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, DJF71 said:

Allen is just a very inaccurate RB.

The guys got a cannon for an arm - *BUT* - he's been playing football all his life and accuracy is something you can't teach at this point in a QB's career. Josh might be able to throw it a mile but all the gurus and QB coaches in the world can't fix his inaccuracy at this point no matter what.

Where's @SAR I -  Josh is a running back playing QB.

The 4th qtr of the playoff game where Josh choked like McNabb in the SB tells me all I have to know that Sam will lead the Jets to a run of AFCE division titles is inevitable.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I didn’t watch, but swap the 2, and the Bills might have won a game, or 2 in the playoffs.

Allen had worse talent around him in his rookie year, and he still out produced Darnold. 

Darnold also looked bad vs the Bills backup, so talent wasn't the issue there either.

Allen gets too much blame for the Texans loss. He deserves his share of blame, but so does the rest of the roster.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

The guys got a cannon for an arm - *BUT* - he's been playing football all his life and accuracy is something you can't teach at this point in a QB's career. Josh might be able to throw it a mile but all the gurus and QB coaches in the world can't fix his inaccuracy at this point no matter what.

The 4th qtr of the playoff game where Josh choked like McNabb in the SB tells me all I have to know that Sam will lead the Jets to a run of AFCE division titles is inevitable.

Saying he choked in the 4th quarter isn't fair. If you watch the film, it wasn't all his fault.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Josh Allen is the only thing that will keep Buffalo from winning a title possibly most of this decade. Sam Darnold? Who the hell knows? I wish we had half the roster surrounding him that hat Allen has in Buffalo. 

Give JD 2 more years (after 2020) and we'll have the roster around Sam to carry us far into the playoffs. Only the ref's will keep up from going all the way.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Accuracy 

Arm strength - he was weak to begin with and after the first shoulder injury he couldn't throw further than my grand mother.

*This post is regarding Pennington - to clarify.

Edited by Big_Slick
It was Pennington I was referring to.

18 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Allen had worse talent around him in his rookie year, and he still out produced Darnold. 

Darnold also looked bad vs the Bills backup, so talent wasn't the issue there either.

Allen gets too much blame for the Texans loss. He deserves his share of blame, but so does the rest of the roster.

The Jets had the worst talent and coaching in Sam's first season in the league. And he finished the last 4 games of that season one of the highest rated QB's.

Josh crapped the bed in the 4th qtr in the Texans loss. He looked like J__ B____ trying to complete a coherent thought. Completely lost.

27 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Saying he choked in the 4th quarter isn't fair. If you watch the film, it wasn't all his fault.

Since I have nothing else to do I'll look at that game again. But Josh sure looked lost and the opposite of a FQB seizing the opportunity to lead his team to victory when it counted the most.

10 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

The Jets had the worst talent and coaching in Sam's first season in the league. And he finished the last 4 games of that season one of the highest rated QB's.

Josh crapped the bed in the 4th qtr in the Texans loss. He looked like J__ B____ trying to complete a coherent thought. Completely lost.

That is not true. The Bills had the 2nd worst O-line behind the Cardinals in 2018. Allen's WRs in 2018 consisted of Zay Jones and 2 UDFA.

Zay Jones, Robert Foster, Isaiah Mckenzie and Charley Clay

vs 

Robby Anderson, Enunwa, Kearse and Chris Herndon, 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

That is not true. The Bills had the 2nd worst O-line behind the Cardinals in 2018. Allen's WRs in 2018 consisted of Zay Jones and 2 UDFA.

vs 

Okay - I like Josh and he didn't have a team like Dallas had surrounding Dak, but the Jets OL and talent on the roster was worse than the Bills and the Card's.

I'd like to have Josh as a RB/TE/FB on the Jets - just not as a QB. Thanks to the Browns for taking Baker and the moron Gettelman for taking a RB that led to Sam falling to us.

• Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

vs 

And on what planet did Allen outplay Darnold in year 1?

When will Josh throw for 300 yards in a game?

• Upvote 1

Buffalo has been doing a great job with talent. Their D is stacked, they have a better. Oline and Receivers.

I believe Darnold is a better QB, we’ve had terrible GM’s for a long time with no idea what they where doing. We now have Joe Douglas, who seems to have a plan.

If he can draft we are in business, rebuilding the Oline, I actually think we could trade Adams now. I’m actually warming to the idea. Imagine we could leave round one with a Receiver and a Left tackle. Plus an additional 2nd rounder!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And on what planet did Allen outplay Darnold in year 1?

When will Josh throw for 300 yards in a game?

Why does it have to be throwing yards? Last time I checked, getting yards rushing is worth the same as passing. Allen also has 5 games accouting for 300+ yards while Darnold only has 4.

Throwing for 300 yards means what exactly anyway?  Darnold is 2-2 in games where he threw for 300 yards.

I never said Allen outplayed Darnold because I don't wanna start that argument. I said Allen outproduced him in 2018, which he did by a decent margin.

Josh averaged 236 yards, 1.63 TDs, and 1.27 turnovers per game when he started in 2018.

Sam averaged 231 yards, 1.38 TDs, and 1.37 turnovers per game when he started in 2018.

When it comes to moving the ball, scoring points and taking care of the football, Josh Allen produced more than Darnold in 2018.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Good morning. 

Now that Josh has been outed, it’s almost unfair to join the pile-on.  He’s Sam’s friend so he’ll be a Jet when we win the Super Bowl in that Brad Smith/Taysom Hill role where he belongs. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

6 hours ago, hamat711 said:

Why does it have to be throwing yards? Last time I checked, getting yards rushing is worth the same as passing. Allen also has 5 games accouting for 300+ yards while Darnold only has 4.

Throwing for 300 yards means what exactly anyway?  Darnold is 1-2 in games where he threw for 300 yards.

I never said Allen outplayed Darnold because I don't wanna start that argument. I said Allen outproduced him in 2018, which he did by a decent margin.

Josh averaged 236 yards, 1.63 TDs, and .77 turnovers per game when he started in 2018.

Sam averaged 231 yards, 1.38 TDs, and 1.37 turnovers per game when he started in 2018.

When it comes to moving the ball, scoring points and taking care of the football, Josh Allen produced more than Darnold in 2018.

Here we go, every number we can jumble to tell us our eyes are wrong.

Darnold is more talented.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1