SI 7 round mock

AFJF

Riddiculos that they do this many but here's their mock 16.0 (WTF).  I actually like most of the players they have slotted to the Jets, but don't like that they only got one WR on day 3.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/17/nfl-mock-draft-16-all-seven-rounds

11- Mekhi Becton

48- Jalen Reagor

68- Cameron Dantzler

79- Curtis Weaver

120- Tyler Biadasz

158- Jauaun Jennings

191- Kevin Dotson

211- Deejay Dallas

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

57 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Riddiculos that they do this many but here's their mock 16.0 (WTF).  I actually like most of the players they have slotted to the Jets, but don't like that they only got one WR on day 3.

11- Mekhi Becton

48- Jalen Reagor

68- Cameron Dantzler

79- Curtis Weaver

120- Tyler Biadasz

158- Jauaun Jennings

191- Kevin Dotson

211- Deejay Dallas

you want multiple wrs on day 3? even though they got reagor in 2nd rnd? just not sure i am understanding corrcetly...

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you want multiple wrs on day 3? even though they got reagor in 2nd rnd? just not sure i am understanding corrcetly...

Yup. Hoping for 3 WR's total.  Especially of they add picks.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ElBarrioJets said:

That's an incredible draft, what's your issue exactly?

I literally said I like every player drafted.  If I could change one thing I'd take another WR on day 3.  Tons of late talent in this class so they should take advantage of it.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

I literally said I like every player drafted.  If I could change one thing I'd take another WR on day 3.  Tons of late talent in this class so they should take advantage of it.

Double dip sure, but 3 receivers in one draft? That's overkill no matter how strong the class is. 

Our roster is sh*t. We don't have the luxury of tripling down at one position. 

7 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Double dip sure, but 3 receivers in one draft? That's overkill no matter how strong the class is. 

Unless you could triple down at a position and solve that issue for 5-7 years.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

Love it. Especially Biadasz, Dantzler, and Jennings. Jennings is an underrated tall 6'3" WR from Tennessee l know tons about. Watched him every Saturday for 3 years. This dude won't go down, it takes about 3 guys to get him down.

This shot he takes and hangs on....

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Unless you could triple down at a position and solve that issue for 5-7 years.

Well yeah you could make that argument for every position. But if you overload one position and leave the rest to fester, that's bad roster management. 

Double dip. Do it. Tripling up at any position is dumb. 

I swear almost everybody that puts out a mock basically forces Becton on us. 

Im not saying he IS but it's almost like they think he is the WORST of the top 4, so they push him on us, because were the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JTJet said:

I swear almost everybody that puts out a mock basically forces Becton on us. 

Im not saying he IS but it's almost like they know he is the WORST of the top 4, so they push him on us, because were the Jets. 

I think Mel Kiper has him rated as the best tackle in the draft, for many I think the 4 are interchangeable; it just seems like Becton has the lowest floor which has him slipping in most drafts, add in the flagged test now as well. 

3 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Agreed.  Unlikely they keep 3 rookie wrs.  Maybe they take a couple udfa s too but two solid drafted prospects seems about right.

That is assuming the 2 draft prospects pan out which is unlikely.  Taking a 3rd gives some margin for error.

2 minutes ago, docdhc said:

That is assuming the 2 draft prospects pan out which is unlikely.  Taking a 3rd gives some margin for error.

And as unlikely as it is, it gives you trade bait if all 3 pan out.

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

11- Mekhi Becton

48- Jalen Reagor

68- Cameron Dantzler

79- Curtis Weaver

120- Tyler Biadasz

158- Jauaun Jennings

191- Kevin Dotson

211- Deejay Dallas

SI nailed it on this one.  They hit exactly the needs of the Jets with the first 4 picks at OT, WR, CB and Edge.  They came back for OLine and a WR one more time each later in the Draft.  We can debate the precise player names but those Top 4 are legit fits for what the Jets seem to need and want.  Not sure Weaver would be there at 79 but that would be a great spot to get him.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, docdhc said:

If they draft two WRs in the top 3 rounds theyd have to be colossal failures to be cut cut.  I know we cut Polite last year but that wasnt Douglas pick and was remarkable in that no one wants to admit they missed that bad that early.

31 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

The only position I would be happy with tripling down is 0L. Not saying I want to take three lineman but I wouldn’t be upset if we did.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This shot he takes and hangs on....

He's got great highlights. Someone should post a YouTube video of Jauan Jennings on here. I've tried, my phone doesn't cooperate. Beast!!!! Draft him! 4th rnd steal!

16 minutes ago, TNJet said:

He's got great highlights. Someone should post a YouTube video of Jauan Jennings on here. I've tried, my phone doesn't cooperate. Beast!!!! Draft him! 4th rnd steal!

Edited by AFJF
  • Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Yup. Hoping for 3 WR's total.  Especially of they add picks.

That's probably too many, unless you expect them to cut one/carry them on the practice squad.  Crowder and Perriman are on roster based on contract alone.  You have Doctson, Berrios , Ballamy, Smith and Chesson who have decent claims on being NFL roster players.  Then you have Keon Hatcher, Josh Malone and Jeff Smith.  Every single one has at least a statistic in the NFL.  Add Enunwa as a wild card and that is a bunch of bodies. 

Add 2 picks with a strong chance of making the team and I don't see why you'd complain about not adding more.  If you hated the lower picks maybe, but I honestly can't see adding more day 3 guys.  If the class is that strong, there will be some on the UDFA market (like Emmanuel Hall, Stanley Morgan, Preston Williams, Jakobi Meyers, in 2019) to dabble.  They are only carrying 5-6 guys, then adding 3 is silly IMO.   

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That's probably too many, unless you expect them to cut one/carry them on the practice squad.  Crowder and Perriman are on roster based on contract alone.  You have Doctson, Berrios , Ballamy, Smith and Chesson who have decent claims on being NFL roster players.  Then you have Keon Hatcher, Josh Malone and Jeff Smith.  Every single one has at least a statistic in the NFL.  Add Enunwa as a wild card and that is a bunch of bodies. 

Add 2 picks with a strong chance of making the team and I don't see why you'd complain about not adding more.  If you hated the lower picks maybe, but I honestly can't see adding more day 3 guys.  If the class is that strong, there will be some on the UDFA market (like Emmanuel Hall, Stanley Morgan, Preston Williams, Jakobi Meyers, in 2019) to dabble.  They are only carrying 5-6 guys, then adding 3 is silly IMO.   

Honestly, the only players on that list that we can count on for 2020 are Crowder and Perriman. The rest are complete wildcards.

My argument against triple dipping would have more to do with neglecting other areas of need. We do need WR help badly but spending 3 of our 8 picks on 1 position may not be the best idea. 

3 hours ago, TNJet said:

Love it. Especially Biadasz, Dantzler, and Jennings. Jennings is an underrated tall 6'3" WR from Tennessee l know tons about. Watched him every Saturday for 3 years. This dude won't go down, it takes about 3 guys to get him down.

Jennings is my get this WR later. Really like his game. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, TNJet said:

45 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Thank you guys for this ... personally don't follow much college ball, so only learn about these mid-round guys this time of year

love the unwilling to go down in fighting for YAC

• Sympathy 1