****OFFICIAL 2020 NFL DRAFT DAY TWO THREAD OF OPTIMISM WHERE WE DON’T DISCUSS THE STREET VALUE OF BOX SAFETIES THREAD***

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Exactly.  He traded up a lot.  Sometimes it worked great but sometimes it didn’t and we had less lottery tickets to work with.  Douglas understands that you need as many picks as possibly.  He made a brilliant gamble with Mims and gained a lot more draft capital 

And coming from the Ozzie Newsome tree, he understands that trading down at certain times makes it possible to trade up later.  It doesn't have to be either/or.  It can be both, in some drafts.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I’m not sure why it’s so hard to under stand this. 

Before the trade we had 5 picks left in the 2020 draft a 3rd, a 4th, a 5th and 2 6ths. 

After the trade we have 6 picks in the 2020 draft, 3 4ths, a 5th and 2 6ths. 

We netted 1 pick in the 2020 draft and a 6th in the 2021 draft to move down 20 spots. 

Thank you. I feel like JD doesn’t understand this.. like a lot of posters 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I agree, but why do I get the feeling Davis is going to be one of my favorite players on the team in no time 

Only reason I didn't give him a higher grade is because of the talent on the board I liked more.  I'm sure he's going to be a player we end up liking a lot.

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The trade value chart has the 101 pick at 96 points. The 125 and 129 total =90. And the 6th rounder (next season) is between 18.2 to 4.6 and on average about 10. 

Yes, but there should be a pretty heavy discount for the year wait.  Rule of thumb is one round which would put in the 7th or worth around 1 point.  I think the guys they were targeting (think they may have been hoping for Peart) were gone, so they moved.  I'm fine with it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Everyone here better hope JD hits on everything he is drafting from rounds 2-4 then. This board will blow up next offseason if even half these guys dont make any sort of impact. 

Well so far he has done a damn good job.  rounds 4-6 are unpredictable but have 6 more picks helps tremendously 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Ken Schroy said:

You are wasting your time with that 1. He was asleep during math class.

You can joke all you want. You will just continue to look like a fool for not understanding math... like at ALL. 

If I have a dollar and you have 2 dollars, and we exchange our money. How much do you have? 

3 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Thank you. I feel like JD doesn’t understand this.. like a lot of posters 

If the talent we like at 101 is likely available at 125, it's not a worthwhile critique.

Much like JD seemingly having a good pulse on the board by moving down and still getting Mims, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on the 2nd trade down.

We also might come back up to the early part of the 4th round.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I remember when people wanted us to trade up to get Mims, instead we traded back and still got him and an extra pick..

Staying put and forcing a pick you don't love or taking a player you think can fall is dumb. 

Mims was a good trade. But that’s separate deal from NE ONE..

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

You can joke all you want. You will just continue to look like a fool for not understanding math... like at ALL. 

If I have a dollar and you have 2 dollars, and we exchange our money. How much do you have? 

More than you can afford.  lol

Yes how are people not viewing it like this? 
We had a 3rd rounder. 
We gave that up to move back 20 spots. 
We got an extra 4th to do so. 
That's a net gain of +1 not +2. 

You’re so wrong dude. 2 4th round picks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

Nope. 2 4ths from NE and 6th next year

What dont any of you understand? 

We gave up our 3rd rounder to do that, which means we didnt net 2 "extra" 4th rounders. We exchanged two picks, and gained 1. 

That 2021 6th means nothing. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NYallDay said:

No dude. You’re wrong.  Before the trade we had 5 picks left in the 2020 draft.  After the trade we have 6 in the 2020 draft.  We only netted 1 pick this year. 

Good grief. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

Yes thats correct. We netted 2 extra picks, one in the 4th this year and another in 6th next year. Any extra picks can be valuable assets especially for a team looking to fill holes. 

Yes!   Thank you !   

3 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

I'm not wrong at all. Thousands of years of human math and science back me up. 

Please let me know the moment it dawns on you.