OT: JN Group PM

Anyone who would like to have a group PM to discuss matters bigger than football, please respond here or PM me.  I will gladly set that up.  And you may join in the discussion regardless of what your views are, as long as you make a concerted effort to discuss/attack ideas rather than each other.

Thanks.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Anyone who would like to have a group PM to discuss matters bigger than football, please respond here or PM me.  I will gladly set that up.  And you may join in the discussion regardless of what your views are, as long as you make a concerted effort to discuss/attack ideas rather than each other.

Thanks.

Maybe a QT?

• Upvote 2

I dont understand why were are locking them, no politics were involved.  The NFL is about to face a monster issue they completely butt fumbled the last time around and I think it is relevant conversation to have for a NY Jets message board.  Jamal Adams is going to be vocal leader and it's going to be awesome.  Honestly, JN can do the country some good right now because it can clearly bring some much needed awareness to some of the posters.  I'm not telling you who to vote for or giving this a political slant at all, I would like to talk about how the NFL can be a vehicle to drive change in our country and hopefully help some folks understand why these players will once again, be taking a knee. This time, dont be surprised to see the entire sideline on their knee...

How is that not relevant to the NY Jets/NFL? 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Quoting you to give you props for the awesome mask.  Am I allowed to, platonically, say that you look fantastic in the new photo?  

? fosho  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Maybe a QT?

I rather a PM because you can quote people and share media.  Like that video Ballin posted was awesome and I plan on sharing that with everyone I know quite honsetly.  I've never seen it before and it was a beautiful representation of a challenging concept to accept. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

How is this thread any different than an other thread that has been locked for discussing political, social issues?  And by asking this question, did it just get this thread locked ??‍♂️

This is different because he’s not asking for the discussion to take place here merely who wants to be involved. And to take it outside of this space 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, JiF said:

I rather a PM because you can quote people and share media.  Like that video Ballin posted was awesome and I plan on sharing that with everyone I know quite honsetly.  I've never seen it before and it was a beautiful representation of a challenging concept to accept. 

That’s true. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

I dont understand why were are locking them, no politics were involved.  The NFL is about to face a monster issue they completely butt fumbled the last time around and I think it is relevant conversation to have for a NY Jets message board.  Jamal Adams is going to be vocal leader and it's going to be awesome.  Honestly, JN can do the country some good right now because it can clearly bring some much needed awareness to some of the posters.  I'm not telling you who to vote for or giving this a political slant at all, I would like to talk about how the NFL can be a vehicle to drive change in our country and hopefully help some folks understand why these players will once again, be taking a knee. This time, dont be surprised to see the entire sideline on their knee...

How is that not relevant to the NY Jets/NFL? 

You are right.  Having this conversation is important on all levels with different people with different perspectives.  However, I do understand the fact that these conversations are very sensitive and emotional to some.  Some people here can't control their emotions and I understand why Max wouldn't want that apart of this board.  If we want to have the conversation we can do it privately with the people who want to.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

How is this thread any different than an other thread that has been locked for discussing political, social issues?  And by asking this question, did it just get this thread locked ??‍♂️

I expect it to be locked.  Which is why I asked people to PM me if need be.

So....you in?  :)

Not a fan of this concept. We argue enough over Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold, now you want to have a “civil discussion,” about systematic, institutional racism? And the conversations you have in “private,” aren’t going to effect the conversations that go on publicly here? 

Can’t stop you from doing it, but if you do, the format shouldn’t be this site’s pm system, but some other format. 

And try to keep the certain animosity there. Please don’t bring it here (he said fruitlessly). 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

Not a fan of this concept. We argue enough over Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold, now you want to have a “civil discussion,” about systematic, institutional racism? And the conversations you have in “private,” aren’t going to effect the conversations that go on publicly here? 

Can’t stop you from doing it, but if you do, the format shouldn’t be this site’s pm system, but some other format. 

And try to keep the certain animosity there. Please don’t bring it here (he said fruitlessly). 

Makes sense.  We're having the discussion in a separate QuickTopic rather than PM.

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Not trying to steal 80's thunder but I think the whole point of the PM (or QT) in this case is to have rational discussion/debate that may get heated but not personal. If things do start headed down that path, the offender will be removed and everyone else will still be able to participate. No disrespect but that is kind of what we were looking to do in the threads addressing this topic but they keep getting locked. which not only punishes the offender but everyone else as well. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Not trying to steal 80's thunder but I think the whole point of the PM (or QT) in this case is to have rational discussion/debate that may get heated but not personal. If things do start headed down that path, the offender will be removed and everyone else will still be able to participate. No disrespect but that is kind of what we were looking to do in the threads addressing this topic but they keep getting locked. which not only punishes the offender but everyone else as well. 

The only people being “punished,” are the people being banned. And they, like everyone else, has a million other options to discuss these issues. Not sure why getting into it with other Jet fans needs to be anyone's priority. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, slats said:

The only people being “punished,” are the people being banned. And they, like everyone else, has a million other options to discuss these issues. Not sure why getting into it with other Jet fans needs to be anyone's priority. 

A lot of the people on JN kind of know each other.  We have a community here.  Joining some random politics/social justice board with strangers is not preferable.  I'd like to at least try to discuss it with people here.  I think this is a decent compromise, since we're not using a JN platform.

And I promise we'll do our best not to have it spill over here.  I don't think it will.  

I highly recommend the documentary "The 13th" on Netflix. It is also available for free on YouTube.

It does an incredible job outlining the structural racism in America and how it's transformed from slavery to Jim Crow to the War on Drugs and mass incarceration.  

Share it with your family and friends to get the discussion going. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A lot of the people on JN kind of know each other.  We have a community here.  Joining some random politics/social justice board with strangers is not preferable.  I'd like to at least try to discuss it with people here.  I think this is a decent compromise, since we're not using a JN platform.

And I promise we'll do our best not to have it spill over here.  I don't think it will.  

Listen, I get it. When I first got here, I didn't love the no politics rule because I really do have so much wisdom to share, but I've come to really love it. I'm happy enough to not like people just because they're pro-Eric Mangini, I don't need to know what political fringe everyone is crawling out from. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

It’s just funny that a board dedicated to a league that is 85-90% black can’t have a civil discussion on race. Or the same people who pay monster PSLs or are glued to their tv to watch black players for entertainment hold such views outside of football.

Politics I understand, racial injustice should be allowed...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1