Remember Electric Football?

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I loved those.  Mine was fancier.  It played the national anthem, a digital timer/scoreboard, and had crowd noises.

Very similar to this, but an older model:

image.thumb.png.e414ef27cf28d2b05ecd466f27d8196a.png

That's awesome. Still wanting to pull the trigger on a mini arcade. 

Look at this gem

s-l640.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I know how much you despise that era of Jets Football, those terrible old uniforms,  the fans of that era and stadium, and their blue collar pursuits.  If you want, I can take that horrible, degenerate old relic off your hands. For free!

Someday I'll rip through that attic and find it.  If I do, it's yours.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pajet said:

Never got into the electric football game.   The players were too hard to control.   Used to love the electronic games though like Coleco.   I also had this one game.  Battery operated but wasn't really electronic.   Had like 4 dials and buttons you'd push for offensive and defensive plays.   Was pretty cool as the result of the play was dependent on the offensive/defensive combinations you'd put in.   Played that think for hours at a time.  Did a search online but couldn't find a picture of it.

I also remember by older cousin had a strat o matic strategy game which was really cool.   Had player cards for each team and played with dice.   I think the play result was based on the combination of the player cards and the dice roll.   Very realistic.   Loved this game....he was older and never played it anymore....Begged him to give it to me but was not to be lol

strat-o-matic football game

You can still buy those...

https://www.strat-o-matic.com

I have those too, lol.  

1 hour ago, pajet said:

Never got into the electric football game.   The players were too hard to control.   Used to love the electronic games though like Coleco.   I also had this one game.  Battery operated but wasn't really electronic.   Had like 4 dials and buttons you'd push for offensive and defensive plays.   Was pretty cool as the result of the play was dependent on the offensive/defensive combinations you'd put in.   Played that think for hours at a time.  Did a search online but couldn't find a picture of it.

I also remember by older cousin had a strat o matic strategy game which was really cool.   Had player cards for each team and played with dice.   I think the play result was based on the combination of the player cards and the dice roll.   Very realistic.   Loved this game....he was older and never played it anymore....Begged him to give it to me but was not to be lol

strat-o-matic football game

I had this game. It was so hard for me to remember all the rules. If you moved a piece wrong and the other player causght it, you got a 10 yard penalty 

58 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Didn't  she say Mahalo? 

Two different scenes, both of Rihanna pulling a trigger and saying a catchy phrase. 

The whole movie is essentially a United States Navy blowjob. 

I'm all for it though

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Two different scenes, both of Rihanna pulling a trigger and saying a catchy phrase. 

The whole movie is essentially a United States Navy blowjob. 

I'm all for it though

I'm pretty sure "blowjob" is the main Navy motto.

go Army

Holy nostalgia! Yes I remember all of these Electric football, head-to-head football and the hockey game! They all belonged to my brother who was a bully and 7 years older than me. So figure I was six years old in 1980 and I got to sneak in and play with this stuff every once in awhile. I definitely remember the little football that came with the electric game.

Boy we have come a long way... I actually lost $10 to an eleven-year-old last night in a tournament game of Madden 20

2 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

That was a great game. Didn't it play a portion of the National Anthem?

Sent from my SM-G975U using JetNation.com mobile app

Yeah, just the last few lines with crowd noises.  

It had a digital scoreboard with timed periods!  

Damn, I miss that thing. 

I might be talking myself into a stupid purchase here...

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Did you know those alien projectiles were modeled after the pegs in the game?

Amazingly I did lol. I know a little too much about that movie unfortunately. Shows you how I spend my Friday nights.

4 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Those are like GOLD to a collector , especially the ones in the original boxes . I gave my neighbor my old Lionel trains and he acted like I gave him a million dollars .

I'll have to take a look.  See what the model numbers of the trains are.

SAR I

Me and my brother had every team and books of number stickers

we would spend almost a month  putting the correct numbers on each player and position- no internet, so we’d have to watch each team and figure what number was where.

then we’d play for about 10 minutes, say this sucks and never play it again 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Amazingly I did lol. I know a little too much about that movie unfortunately. Shows you how I spend my Friday nights.

I saw that movie on TV and during the breaks they gave you some trivia about the movie. They also said that scene where the Asian officer was calling out the bouys to shoot the rockets at was recall the actual game play. 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-1973-munro-joe-namath-504014326  Had it as a kid. Problem was the "Namath" passer/kicker broke about 10 minutes out of the box. 

The Namath breaking 10 minutes out of the box was kind of prophetic to Joe’s real life. Like in your game, his body starting breaking down way too early in his football career.

I bought my kids an electronic football game 20+ years ago. I think I was trying to relive MY OWN youth.
The kids have since moved out. And every time my wife and I clean out the basement, she wants me to throw it out. She doesn’t get it.

Nope.........I can’t do it..........

.....I........just....... can’t.

• Upvote 1