Gase Press Conference

KRL

32 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

He's pretty amazing if you ask him actual football questions. But instead we get Manish asking him twice how he can become a better leader because Adams says he is shiite, and all sorts of useless questions. I might revoke Manish's press credentials if I was them. He goes too far. Leberfield sometimes asks douche like questions but sometimes good ones. Manish is just awful.

Manish is the reason I don't pay $1.50 a month for the Daily News, life is better without Manish.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Dowell-As-Puppet is the founding principle of the He Man Gase Haters Club.  Once that little lie is exposed for what it is, the Gase Haters realize they've been targeting the wrong man.

Oops.

SAR I

Of course you think gase wasn't calling the off. Well I hope your right SAR I really do. Cause not matter who called the plays ( it was Gase) both of them deserved to be fired before we the season finished.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

OK this kind of drives me nuts. I have had Gase' back since the jump.

I know that many of the posters on here are Jet fans of varying ages, degrees, depth and for different reasons.

I often wonder if the majority have any clue what a Head Coach actually does? I'm being dead serious BTW. Like what does a head coaching job in the NFL actually entail? If you honestly don't know, please Google it.

We like to make fun of the first press conference and his googly eyes. There was also some ghost reference to him being some sort of Guru or Whisperer which was never actually said by anybody. The fact is this guy has outperformed expectations every season he has been a head coach. Look it up. Very similar to our quarterback he has had an uphill battle filled with adversity every year.

The coaching staff he assembled has more talent and experience than any I have seen since the Parcells era. When you look into it you will realize that Gase is very well respected around the league.

Greg Williams, Joe Vitt, Sean Jefferson, Jim Bob Cooter, Hines Ward, Andre Carter, Frank Pollack Joe Douglas, Phil Savage, Rex Hogan... These guys all came on board AFTER Gase was hired.  Why do you think that is!?

Look it up! I'm pretty sure you will see Rex Ryan, Todd Bowles, and Herm Edwards in a totally different light for the disasters they actually were. Don't even get me started on them LOL!!

Anyway this team is being turned around right now before your very eyes, and it is because of Adam Gase..

No bout adoubt it-

Lastly his current record of 30 - 34 and winning percentage of .479 is better than Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll's record at the same point in their career.  Pimpin Ain't Easy

I rest my case, don't take the brown acid

the Blitz

He’s assembled a great coaching staff with the exception of two spots-the HC and OC. 

Has he coached the most talented rosters in the league the last four years on offense? No

Has he done anything to help those guys out and overachieve with what he’s had to work with? No 

The fact that a 22 year old Sam Darnold had to approach him mid-season to ask him m to adjust his play calling is quite alarming in itself. 

I’m not sure how his mind is these days at 81 years old, but wouldn’t be a bad idea for Gase to sit down with Tom Moore. 

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

He’s assembled a great coaching staff with the exception of two spots-the HC and OC. 

Has he coached the most talented rosters in the league the last four years on offense? No

Has he done anything to help those guys out and overachieve with what he’s had to work with? No 

The fact that a 22 year old Sam Darnold had to approach him mid-season to ask him m to adjust his play calling is quite alarming in itself. 

Opinion, Fact, Yes, Wrong-

11 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Yes? He helped the Jets offense last year go from 28 to 31? 

Yup.. rankings only matter in FanDuel, fantasy football and Madden.

What our head coach actually did was take a season with an unprecedented injury-riddled team from 1-7 to the final result of 7- 9!  All that matters is Wins. Not googly eyes or rankings.

Not every team has the luxury of being the Kansas City Chiefs.

Have you ever heard of Ryan Griffin, Braxton Berrios, Vyncint Smith, Arthur Maulet, and Harvey Langi? Exactly, neither has anybody else.. he did a fine job working with nothing. Basically we were playing guys off the street. That's a phenomenal head coaching job.

He helped the entire football team win 6 out of the last 8 games. It's his football team, he's in charge of everything you see! He's the boss.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Gase has all the markings of a great HC... the 6-2 finish to the season was icing on the cake.

Now he has to get the team to the playoffs every year, they have a franchise QB there is no excuse.

another good thing is with Gase and Douglas if Sam isn’t the guy those two don’t seem afraid to move on

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Head coaches are allowed to call plays.  They call defensive plays too.  So if you're going to hate on Gase for calling bad offensive plays then you must love on Gase for calling good defensive ones.

The head coach is responsible for it all.  

SAR I

dont be obtuse 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase stated that one Jet has opted out.  No announcement yet.  I wonder who?

SAR I

I've seen Leo Koloamatangi mentioned a few times as the opt out player for the Jets.  Cimini and JetsWire have

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

He couldn’t possibly be worse than Gase. 

what’s worse than last?

Or he could be better.

Maybe the same

Guess what, other than the black cloud that follows you, nothing is a given 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Of course you think gase wasn't calling the off. Well I hope your right SAR I really do. Cause not matter who called the plays ( it was Gase) both of them deserved to be fired before we the season finished.

"Picking the plays" for 3 hours on a Sunday is very different from "coordinating an offense" 40 hours a week.

A common theory is that Le'Veon Bell had a bad season because the plays were designed badly, not because they weren't called in the right in-drive sequence.  Gase is the head coach.  He has a ton of responsibilities during the week that makes it impossible for him to spend the time necessary to be his own offensive coordinator.

Dowell Loggains is our OC.  If the O isn't productive, it's on him, not the HC.  And in the end, no matter who did it, the offense was redesigned mid-season based on 11 missing starters and backups and it vaulted the Jets to a 6-2 record and Sam Darnold to a Top 10 quarterback with 15 TD's, 4 INT's, and a rating of 93.3.  That in and of itself is quite a feat.

SAR I

6 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I often wonder if the majority have any clue what a Head Coach actually does? I'm being dead serious BTW. Like what does a head coaching job in the NFL actually entail? If you honestly don't know, please Google it.

What did Steve Jobs do during his tenure as CEO of Apple?

He didn't design anything, he had Jony Ive and an army of people to do that.  He didn't engineer anything, Phil Schiller and his army handled that.  He didn't work in a factory, didn't work in logistics, didn't work in QC or QA, didn't drive a truck, didn't run a retail store.

Jobs had the vision.  Jobs had the ability to hire the right people.  Jobs handled the media.  Jobs answered all the tough questions.  Jobs took all the heat from the public.  Jobs had the leadership skills necessary to take a diverse group of people with different agendas and self-serving needs and motivate them to work together as a team and launch an amazing collection of products.

That's what an NFL head coach does.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

The fact is this guy has outperformed expectations every season he has been a head coach. Look it up. Very similar to our quarterback he has had an uphill battle filled with adversity every year.

The coaching staff he assembled has more talent and experience than any I have seen since the Parcells era. 

Greg Williams, Joe Vitt, Sean Jefferson, Jim Bob Cooter, Hines Ward, Andre Carter, Frank Pollack Joe Douglas, Phil Savage, Rex Hogan... These guys all came on board AFTER Gase was hired.  Why do you think that is!?

Anyway this team is being turned around right now before your very eyes, and it is because of Adam Gase..

+1000

Preach it, brother.  It's amazing how stupid some Jets fans can be.  Pray for decades for a competent owner.  Pray for decades for a franchise quarterback.  Pray for decades for the right GM.  Pray for decades for the right HC.  Pray for decades to get the lazy weed culture out of our locker room.  Pray for decades for the parade of HOF quarterbacks to leave the AFCE.

And now that it's here?  Now that it's actually all happened and we are ready to get that Championship?  They fly planes.  They call radio shows.  They Tweet.  They complain in discussion forums.  The golden age of Jets football is here and they are too blind to see it.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"Picking the plays" for 3 hours on a Sunday is very different from "coordinating an offense" 40 hours a week.

A common theory is that Le'Veon Bell had a bad season because the plays were designed badly, not because they weren't called in the right in-drive sequence.  Gase is the head coach.  He has a ton of responsibilities during the week that makes it impossible for him to spend the time necessary to be his own offensive coordinator.

Dowell Loggains is our OC.  If the O isn't productive, it's on him, not the HC.  And in the end, no matter who did it, the offense was redesigned mid-season based on 11 missing starters and backups and it vaulted the Jets to a 6-2 record and Sam Darnold to a Top 10 quarterback with 15 TD's, 4 INT's, and a rating of 93.3.  That in and of itself is quite a feat.

SAR I

Gase does 40 hours in 3 days easy! All head coaches do and that's exactly what I'm talking about.

• Upvote 1

Hey @SAR I  and everybody else! I will now settle this once and for all. Go to youtube.com and look up -Jim Rome on Adam Gase bizarre work habits!!

You will laugh until you cry!

You will also admit that this is our unquestioned leader and the one and only perfect fit for the New York Jets!

If somebody could please post the link I would appreciate it. I can't because I haven't synced all of my accounts.

TRUST ME.. please look this up and watch the whole thing! You will be streaming tears and proud.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SOJ said:

A. he has a losing record as a HC,,,  enough said

So does Kyle Shanahan at 23-25 (.479). In 2018 Kyle was 4-12 coming after a 6-10 2017 season prior to going 13-3 in 2019. It's almost as if the roster got better or something. Gase 30-34 (.469) has had the fortune of 1 season with the Jets and 3 with the dolphins neither of which would be confused with a functional franchise and pretty much every year has dealt with starting QB injuries or mono. When Gase has had a healthy starting QB he has a winning record. #QBinjuriesmatter

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Hey @SAR I  and everybody else! I will now settle this once and for all. Go to youtube.com and look up -Jim Rome on Adam Gase bizarre work habits!!

You will laugh until you cry!

You will also admit that this is our unquestioned leader and the one and only perfect fit for the New York Jets!

If somebody could please post the link I would appreciate it. I can't because I haven't synced all of my accounts.

TRUST ME.. please look this up and watch the whole thing! You will be streaming tears and proud.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

OK this kind of drives me nuts. I have had Gase' back since the jump.

I know that many of the posters on here are Jet fans of varying ages, degrees, depth and for different reasons.

We like to make fun of the first press conference and his googly eyes. There was also some ghost reference to him being some sort of Guru or Whisperer which was never actually said by anybody. The fact is this guy has outperformed expectations every season he has been a head coach. Look it up. Very similar to our quarterback he has had an uphill battle filled with adversity every year.

The coaching staff he assembled has more talent and experience than any I have seen since the Parcells era. When you look into it you will realize that Gase is very well respected around the league.

Look it up! I'm pretty sure you will see Rex Ryan, Todd Bowles, and Herm Edwards in a totally different light for the disasters they actually were. Don't even get me started on them LOL!!

No bout adoubt it-

Lastly his current record of 30 - 34 and winning percentage of .479 is better than Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll's record at the same point in their career.  Pimpin Ain't Easy

I rest my case, don't take the brown acid

the Blitz

He outperformed DEAD LAST in the league in offense?

His claim to fame is being an offensive coach, utter nonsense to ignore this.  He let williams to handle the defense.

His offenses as a head coach have been dreadful all 4 years.

I have no big issue with the other aspects of him as  head coach  but he simply is not good so far getting results on offense.  After 4 years of bad offenses (getting worse each year) the excuses wear thin.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

His claim to fame is being an offensive coach, utter nonsense to ignore this.  He let williams to handle the defense.

I have no big issue with the other aspects of him as  head coach  but he simply is not good so far getting results on offense.  After 4 years of bad offenses (getting worse each year) the excuses wear thin.

Brian Billick?

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Hey please don't take me as being facetious but did you know that Adam gase actually started as a defensive understudy? Yes he started on the defensive side of the ball.  He was also a scout for quite some time on the defensive side of the ball. Then he was an offensive assistant, then a quarterbacks coach, and eventually became an offensive coordinator.

So can you please tell me where it says this guy is supposed to have some legendary offensive stats and scores and points? I don't understand where you guys are getting this crap from?

He's the head coach now. He's not the offensive coordinator. That is not his job anymore. He's also in charge of the defense the special teams the coffee the chicken and the paper in the Xerox machine.

Just for s**** and giggles Bill Belichick played lacrosse in college and never played football in his life. He started as a special teams assistant, worked his way up to linebackers and then defensive coordinator. Oddly enough it was his offense that won the AFC East for so many years.

Bill Parcells played basketball and was an offensive lineman in football and was on the verge of being fired his second year as head coach of the Giants,  who are known for their defense! Mike Tomlin was a wide receiver in college yet the Pittsburgh Steelers are known for their defense? Sean McDermott of the Buffalo Bills was a state champion wrestler.

My point is just because our head coach at one point was an offensive coordinator doesn't mean we're the Kansas City Chiefs. He's the head coach now of the entire team and all he has to do is Win Games.

50 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Exactly, its LOL funny reading these guys in their alternate reality.  Now as a Jet fan I want him to succeed but the record speaks for itself.  Notice hia supporters never talk about how after the initial drive the O disappears for quarters  and becomes dysfunctional...  

now maybe it was the talentless OL that caused the problems, or the WR or lack there of... but lets see he how he does this year with better talent on the OL, RB, and I would say WR.  If the team is still mired in the bottom half of the league in overall performance, then I say he what his record indicates.  

21 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Hey please don't take me as being facetious but did you know that Adam gase actually started as a defensive understudy? Yes he started on the defensive side of the ball.  He was also a scout for quite some time on the defensive side of the ball. Then he was an offensive assistant, then a quarterbacks coach, and eventually became an offensive coordinator.

So can you please tell me where it says this guy is supposed to have some legendary offensive stats and scores and points? I don't understand where you guys are getting this crap from?

He's the head coach now. He's not the offensive coordinator. That is not his job anymore. He's also in charge of the defense the special teams the coffee the chicken and the paper in the Xerox machine.

Just for s**** and giggles Bill Belichick played lacrosse in college and never played football in his life. He started as a special teams assistant, worked his way up to linebackers and then defensive coordinator. Oddly enough it was his offense that won the AFC East for so many years.

Bill Parcells played basketball and was an offensive lineman in football and was on the verge of being fired his second year as head coach of the Giants,  who are known for their defense! Mike Tomlin was a wide receiver in college yet the Pittsburgh Steelers are known for their defense? Sean McDermott of the Buffalo Bills was a state champion wrestler.

My point is just because our head coach at one point was an offensive coordinator doesn't mean we're the Kansas City Chiefs. He's the head coach now of the entire team and all he has to do is Win Games.

he has as much to do with the defense as rex had to do with the offense.  

Also, when I said earlier that it looks like he is calling the plays, it wasnt meant to sling mud on the guy.  our offensive line was terrible, our offense suffered and i am hopeful that we improve on the oline.  If the guys we brought in can do their job, Sam will make a giant leap this year and i hope mostly on the deep ball.

as an aside, i hope we spend one of our 1st round picks on the best available OT in each of the next 2 drafts and have them slide inside if they arent needed as a tackle.  I said a decade ago that I wanted 5 x 300lb dudes on the oline.  do it for sam, do it for the fans!

On 7/28/2020 at 4:32 PM, SAR I said:

Adam Gase is a head coach, not an offensive coordinator.  Dowell Loggains is entering his 7th season as an NFL offensive coordinator.  He's not a puppet.

SAR I

SAR I... You are right 100%

Here is Dowell Loggains giving his own press conference..

Pinocchio GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

:) 

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2020 at 4:28 AM, Greenbloodblitz said:

The fact is this guy has outperformed expectations every season he has been a head coach.

Did you honestly write that and then expect to be taken seriously?

This is an offensive minded coach that has to yet to produce an offense above 24th in the league, has gotten worse each year - and finally last season he hit rock bottom.

Additionally, his previous QB just went on to have a career year with another team.

You want to say he has potential, fine. But to say he’s outperformed expectations is just silly, unless, of course, you’re building those expectations based is own awfulness. 

On 7/29/2020 at 10:41 AM, SAR I said:

SAR I

This is all partially true. 

From what I know personally talking to people, gase is a very well respected offensive mind and an intense personality to be around.  Sometimes it rubs people the wrong way, but most people respect him because he is a blatantly straight shooter.  Regardless of all of that, the structure of the offense is sound and you routinely see the same concepts that you see from other successful offenses through out the NFL.  So to say the construct of the offense is poor then that is incorrect, the construct is not the issue. 

What I will say is I have a mixed opinion on Gase.  I can agree with your opinion of him one moment, and question him the next.  The one issue I come to is the play calling itself.  NOW GRANTED this all comes with a massive caveat so I admit the jury is in deliberation because of the routinely bad situations the offense was put in so play calling becomes an issue.  However the issue I come to see is in the fluidity of the play calling.  Alot of times it seems disjointed in the direction of attack each drive.  Where as for instance if you watch Kyle Shanahan or Mcvay (for my money the two best play callers offensively in the NFL) there is a deliberate plan of attack with every drive.   With an improved offensive personnel I am looking to see more flow to the offense this year. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

This is all partially true. 

From what I know personally talking to people, gase is a very well respected offensive mind and an intense personality to be around.  Sometimes it rubs people the wrong way, but most people respect him because he is a blatantly straight shooter.  Regardless of all of that, the structure of the offense is sound and you routinely see the same concepts that you see from other successful offenses through out the NFL.  So to say the construct of the offense is poor then that is incorrect, the construct is not the issue. 

What I will say is I have a mixed opinion on Gase.  I can agree with your opinion of him one moment, and question him the next.  The one issue I come to is the play calling itself.  NOW GRANTED this all comes with a massive caveat so I admit the jury is in deliberation because of the routinely bad situations the offense was put in so play calling becomes an issue.  However the issue I come to see is in the fluidity of the play calling.  Alot of times it seems disjointed in the direction of attack each drive.  Where as for instance if you watch Kyle Shanahan or Mcvay (for my money the two best play callers offensively in the NFL) there is a deliberate plan of attack with every drive.   With an improved offensive personnel I am looking to see more flow to the offense this year. 

Good post.

Adam Gase led Peyton Manning to his most prolific offensive season.  If Peyton is good with Gase so are we.  

And by the way, having a head coach with a powerful and direct personality?  What's wrong with that?  The most success we've ever had was with Weeb Eubank and Bill Parcells, far from warm and cuddly.  The weed infested locker room of malcontents that Ryan and Bowles left for Christopher Johnson had to be exterminated and Adam Gase is apparently the perfect guy for that.  

You know how people scream that "the Jets go nowhere until this sloppy, unprofessional front office is fixed" on call in radio?  Welcome to the fix.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Did you honestly write that and then expect to be taken seriously?

This is an offensive minded coach that has to yet to produce an offense above 24th in the league, has gotten worse each year - and finally last season he hit rock bottom.

Additionally, his previous QB just went on to have a career year with another team.

You want to say he has potential, fine. But to say he’s outperformed expectations is just silly, unless, of course, you’re building those expectations based is own awfulness. 

Did you honestly reply to something that you didn't read? I fully understand that you have a very tight balloon knot, but if you really don't understand the game of football and you're just one of those fantasy FanDuel Madden dudes I'm sure there are other websites that cater to that ilk.

Check the record. Adam Gase has been a coach for 4 years and he only had a healthy quarterback play 16 games for 1 year. In that season he made the playoffs.

Can you name any other superstars that played for the Miami Dolphins while he was the head coach?

Who were the world beaters on the New York Jets during his first season as head coach?

Vyncint Smith,  Ryan Griffin, Arthur Maulet,  David Fales,  Alex Lewis, Chuma Edoga?

If you actually look up anything written by anybody who actually knows what they're talkin about, they will tell you that Gase has done an incredible job. These would be people that don't rely on the stats cuz they're not talking about fantasy football.

They're talkin about winning, and real football, like the actual game of football? Things like implementing systems, coaching staffs, audibles, variations, substitutions, game and clock management Etc.

If you think I'm coming off as snide I am because you should have actually read my post. Instead you tried to be snarky and just cut me down. Read the f****** post. And if you don't know what a Head Coaches job is, look it up.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1