Jets trying to trade Leveon Bell

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Well, I never actually disagreed that "Manish has sources", but I award you the prize of the day:

download.png.88db963b82d55d7dcb27ad0980322509.png

Know it all?  Nah, far from it.

Know the guy had sources for the past few years?  Yup.  

9 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I think the Jets would have to take an $4 million cap hit (Bell's remaining pro-rated bonus) and would have a cap savings of the the remaining salary for this year. Bell has a $13 million salary for 2020. So, if you pro-rate it, that would be $8.9 million for the final 11 games. The difference between the accelerated $4 million cap hit for the pro-rated bonus and cap savings on salary if he's traded is a net $4.9 million savings to the Jets, isn't it?

And at an $8.9 million cost to other teams, Bell can fit under the cap for the Browns, Steelers, Eagles, Colts, Ravens and Cardinals. 

The Jets did absorb a big chunk of Leo's 2019 salary to trade him.  I would expect something similar here, which would be smart.  

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's about time.  264 attempts, not a single run worth remembering.

SAR I

wait, we can't give darnold a pass because the oline isn't blocking well and not do the same for bell.  bell just doesn't seem to be a good fit for a running back by committee system.  but he did get about 4 ypc on sunday so there does seem to be gas in the tank.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

THis...  and WHAT TEAM does having Lev Bell actually help?

WHo wants the leagues slowestRB?

imo he'd work out pretty well for the ravens.  jackson can ad lib and bell can easily get into the flat when jackson feigns running.  it could be a really good combo.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

BTW, Rotoworld writers (for whatever they are worth), feel that it would take the Jets GIVING a pick with Bell to allow another team to digest his contract.

• The Daily News' Manish Mehta reports the Jets are shopping Le'Veon Bell prior to the November 3 trade deadline.

It's unsurprising it came to this after neither Adam Gase nor GM Joe Douglas attempted to put out the flames of any trade rumors for Bell this offseason. The issue isn't whether or not Gase wants to part with Bell's hefty price tag, but whether any organization would even take Bell's guaranteed $8.5 million base salary on. The 28-year-old's contract does at least offer a team-friendly out for $4 million in dead cap space this offseason. The Jets would likely have to move a pick in order to part with the disgruntled running back, who has averaged 3.3 YPC across 17 appearances since signing his four-year, $52.5 million contract.

Oct 13, 2020, 12:10 PM ET

•  

Well Rotoworld doesn't even realize that a team that trades for him wouldn't be on the hook for any Dead hit next year. All bonus money paid out already stays with the Jets and accelerates immediately to the cap if he's traded.  Any team that trades for him can just release him with no lingering financial commitment at any point.   I think it'll be like Bell and a 7th for a 6th. Something like that. Maybe the Jets can squeeze out a 5th in that scenario bc they'll be picking early in the 7th and any team willing to trade for him would be giving up a late 5th. Also, the Jets may agree to pick up some of his salary this year in order to get a better pick. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Your assessment is accurate.  Some were happy to have a player with his talent onboard.  Some hated the cost.  Some thought he was done.  But it most certainly wasn't widely celebrated, at least not here.

I will fully admit that i wanted Bell at any cost. The Jets were desperate for offensive talent and I was hoping he'd return to form. 

Bell can still catch, he can still make people miss and he's a good decision maker when trying to find the hole.  The one thing he hasn't regained is his elite initial burst. He's a step slower through the hole which means the holes close quicker and those runs that used to be 15-20 yard gains are now 6 yard gains.  That's the issue. 

Colts probably make the most sense TBH.  Playoff caliber team at 3-2, good OLine, lost RB Marlon Mack for the season.  Even though they have rookie Jonathan Taylor I think Bell would be a good addition to that team.  What other teams might make sense?  The Bears?

Or, do the Jets hold on another week and see if more RB injuries creep up?

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Colts probably make the most sense TBH.  Playoff caliber team at 3-2, great OLine, lost RB Marlon Mack for the season.  Even though they have rookie Jonathan Taylor I think Bell would be a good addition to that team.  What other teams might make sense?  The Bears?

Bell for Brissett NY Jets can throw  in David Fales 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, rangerous said:

wait, we can't give darnold a pass because the oline isn't blocking well and not do the same for bell.  bell just doesn't seem to be a good fit for a running back by committee system.  but he did get about 4 ypc on sunday so there does seem to be gas in the tank.

I hear what you're saying, but they are two different positions requiring two different skillsets and two players of very different age and experience levels.

I expect an All-Pro running back, even on a weak offense with a weak offensive line, to hit a hole now and then for a big gain.  And I've seen Bell have space, have a hole to run through, and do so very weakly.  More often than not, I'm seeing Bell dancing and making a bad decision and being tackled for a loss.  

It's hard to be a Jet during these difficult times.  Bell is making noise, again, and wants to move to another team.  We should accommodate him.  If he has anything left (I have serious doubts) he's a piece for a win-now team.  We never should have signed him.  It was exciting in that moment, but it was foolish.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Colts probably make the most sense TBH.  Playoff caliber team at 3-2, good OLine, lost RB Marlon Mack for the season.  Even though they have rookie Jonathan Taylor I think Bell would be a good addition to that team.  What other teams might make sense?  The Bears?

The Colts were the only other team in the running to sign Bell in 2019, and they do have cap space to acquire him.  But yes, even after losing Mack, Taylor + Nyheim Hines and Jordan Wilkins is really all they need.

I don't see them giving up a pick a year later.

45 minutes ago, shevys said:

Keep Bell. Cut Gase. 

What a joke. 

It's amazing.  This team has developed a strong ability to subtract talent (even if it's older or past its prime talent) and replace it with injured or skill-less players who, if they weren't playing football for the Jets might be janitors at the high school level....possibly college.

Send Bell to Carolina to join Robby Anderson and watch him rush for 100 yards as a sub for Christian McCaffrey while McCaffrey's hurt right now.  Sheesh!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Gase ruins players. What don't you get always looking to argue bullsh*t nonsense. Facts are facts. 

What does Jacobi Brissett bring to the long term value of the Jets? He is a UFA after this year. Are you trying to possibly eke a couple of wins with a QB that wont be here, nor is part of the long term plan. It has no value.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

What does Jacobi Brissett bring to the long temr value of the Jets, He is a UFA after this year. Are you trying to possibly eke a couple of wins with a QB that wont be here, nor is part of the long term plan. It has no value.

The last time I checked we need a QB currently we have none who seem to be able to win a damn game. 

A team as desperate as the NY Jets needs to look at all options including Josh Rosen. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

The last time I checked we need a QB currently we have none who seem to be able to win a damn game. 

A team as desperate as the NY Jets needs to look at all options including Josh Rosen. 

The Jets need assets that are here beyond this year. This year is a lost cause. Your deal makes no sense from that perspective.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Unlike the NHL a team cannot retain salary correct?  If so no way we will be able to trade him.  He will be released perhaps.  What does the dead money cap look like if we cut him now?

The team can retain salary by restructuring the contract to turn salary into a bonus payable by the trading team

• Upvote 1

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

The Jets need assets that are here beyond this year. This year is a lost cause. Your deal makes no sense from that perspective.

Worst team in the NFL last in everything 5 games into the season. We need to look at every player and look at every way to improve this pitiful weak laughing stock of the NFL roster. 

Cut 37 year old Frank Gore would be a great a place to start the rebuild.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Worst team in the NFL last in everything 5 games into the season. We need to look at every player and look at every way to improve this pitiful weak laughing stock of the NFL roster. 

Now you have flip-flopped. First you want assets for this year. Now you are saying rebuild. Which is it?

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Gase's wife would never allow her husband to cut her bull. 

He is the ultimate cuck. 

• Haha 1