Acceptance

Lupz27

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I tell you this is the first time in my 34 years of being a Jets fan that I’ve fully and completely accepted these Jets suck balls, and not only don’t I care I’m starting to find some well needed comic relief thanks to the Jets ineptitude.

Now I know why opposing fans continuously laugh at us.  It’s really fun from the other side.

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Last week had some serious comedy. The bad News cubs lol

I’m absolutely enjoying this beautiful fall we’re having this year in the northeast. Wife, 16 month old and I have spent every weekend doing something outdoors. Adam Gase and everything about this team related to him have allowed me the opportunity to not give a sh*t.

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I tell you this is the first time in my 34 years of being a Jets fan that I’ve fully and completely accepted these Jets suck balls, and not only don’t I care I’m starting to find some well needed comic relief thanks to the Jets ineptitude.

Now I know why opposing fans continuously laugh at us.  It’s really fun from the other side.

This is 100% true, this board provides good comedy relief.

Moving forward I look at it like this:

This awful coaching staff is gone....when? Probably after the bye or post season. Team wins 0 or 1 game, drafts Lawrence moves on from Sam which is a shame but is what it is.

Find a few pieces (Mims, and others) establish a new culture, tons of draft picks, big free agent $$ on premium positions and maybe today’s mess turns around quickly.

• Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

First time that I can remember that I am apathetic.  

I hated the Gase hiring at the time and I tried to talk myself into it.   Not only has Gase managed to get our players to be absent but now it’s extended into the fanbase. 

I always record and watch ever game. Even if I have to watch it after the actual game - even if I know we lost or got blown out.... which since the last 5-6 years it’s pretty much a guarantee. 

now I have the game on but half the time I don’t watch. Mostly just check in on score. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I hit this point about 5 years ago. 
Getting Sam raised my hopes for a brief moment.

• Upvote 3

Last weekend was the first time ever I did not watch a single snap of the Jets on purpose (I’ve always had NFL ticket but I’ve had times when i e been traveling and the game wasn’t available in my area). I’d go back and watch it later.

Kids turned on the Disney channel and I switched off completely. Fantasy football is about the only thing I’ve been focused on.

My NFC team are the Cowboys. They’ve been somewhat entertaining but with Dak gone, even that’s off the table and they are no different than this sad organization. 

30 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

This is 100% true, this board provides good comedy relief.

Moving forward I look at it like this:

This awful coaching staff is gone....when? Probably after the bye or post season. Team wins 0 or 1 game, drafts Lawrence moves on from Sam which is a shame but is what it is.

Find a few pieces (Mims, and others) establish a new culture, tons of draft picks, big free agent $$ on premium positions and maybe today’s mess turns around quickly.

See this is the thing about my OP, I’m not even sweating anything Jets past future present other then comic relief.  Don’t care who is an impending FA, don’t care about the draft slot, the Jets are only existing in my life because I’m getting some good chuckles for the first time over there ineptitude.  

5 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

They do suck balls but I will continue watching them and hoping for the best which is now to go 0-16 hopefully wake up the Johnson brothers or force them to sell the team. 

5 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

i strongly recommend adopting a policysimilarto my own...    don't watch the games, unless its a Thurs or Mon...

use redzone...  you'll see the lowlites/hilites...   you'll also see alotta entertaining football and not the crap product thatthe Jets is.

I was suckered into thinking I was gonna witness of a QB that was elite play for the Jets. Turns out he's just anotheroverdrafted USC dud.

Laugh at the buffonery, enjoythe occasional bright spot. 

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

100%.  I dont care at all.  I just play into it.  Like insulting the Jets is like, duh, yeah, lol, what do you think I was going to defend them? You think your team sucks, hold my beer.

I actually often use the Jets to motivate my team descriptive word.  I even use butt fumble quite a bit.

• Upvote 1

The worst part of this virtually not seeing anything from our last draft class.  Normally you can have a bad team that sucks but you can also look at some rookies and think there is a light ahead to some extent. 

We had a week and half of happiness with Becton and then they pay him when he is hurt and of he goes to the injured list.

Becton hurt

Mims not even one sighting a 6 or 7 game hamstring

Ashytn Davis, not much

Zuniga is not even mentioned

Clarke not even mentioned.

Punter has been a good tackler and okay thought not as good as people are making him out.

Morgan pick was flat out stupid

Hall not even talked about

We are playing Flacco and Gore.