where is joe d hiding?

kmnj

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is Adam Gase's team.  He is the "Football Man" in charge.  And we hear from him twice a week which is more than enough.  Joe Douglas works for Gase, not the other way around.

Because of this unique no-fans season, the Jets have decided to jumpstart the rebuild, put it in hyperdrive, and dump every malcontent, old guy, and high-priced fatcat on the roster.  It's not an accident we suck.  It's by design.

You wanted ownership to stop meddling.  You wanted a Football Man at the top to replace the billionaires, stadium developers, and lawyers calling the shots.  You wanted a HC and GM on the same page making smart decisions and doing it 'the right way'.  This is what Year 1 looks like.  It ain't pretty.  But it's necessary.

SAR I

Can you tell me where you got this thing that JD answers to Gase?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And what have you seen during his Jets' tenure makes you say that?

Can you name a player we shouldn't have gotten rid of?  Was getting rid of Maccagnan not the right move?  Was Douglas the wrong hire?  Was moving off of Woody's right hand man in Glat not a step in the right direction?  Was drafting a LT and a WR not the proper first and second round moves? 

The play on the field is going to be bad, we are a bad team bereft of talent because of a decade of lousy GM's blowing every draft.  But organizationally, things couldn't be going any better.  Cutting dead weight, picking up cap and draft capital.  Suffer through a season like never before, but come out far better in the long run when its over.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

43 minutes ago, kmnj said:

He promised us a winning culture-we are looking like maybe the worst teams in nfl history....

He promised Sam and co he would give him great weapons to succeed -where are those weapons? I mean I know  he brought in a super elite wr in perriman to replace robby and he brought in the ageless wonder frank gore and even tried to bring in ballage (not once but twice-such intestinal fortitude there) and  he knew a good thing when he saw one in Griffin that he made sure to pay that man his money and while achieving such greatness managed to draft perrine who for sure is the next barry sanders.    What an offensive powerhouse we have as a core-Gore/Perrine, Griffin/Herndon and our stud perriman. 

The only guy on offense at a skill position that has any type of skills is crowder who  would be a wr 3/4 on  most teams.When will Joe step up to the plate and defend his performance and that awesome winning culture he established? The only time I have seen him lately was him hiding his face during the last game.I know I know when Joe came here he had this secret plan to make his "franchise " qb fail and by making our team the worst in history removing any and all capable players.I am sure TL would be SO EXCITED to come to a team with zero talent around him and was so impressed by the job joe has done supplying Sam with weapons and the great offense we are running.

So when will we see Joe-maybe he and Chris can do a joint press conference and talk about how we need patience and even though we cant see it the jets are "trying hard" and behind the scenes we are all thrilled.   After that press conference maybe we can get Tanny Mac and Izadick to do their own press conferences-they can just say hey you thought I was bad now we are historically bad.

ugghhh,.. Rome was NOT built in a day. it's gonna take  2 - 3 yrs to build our team/roster    :unsure:

cheers ~ ~ 

:wine:

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, Icer said:

Every day I make a new thread saying the same thing as yesterday

Screaming Shia Labeouf GIF

It can't be restated enough how bad this situation is.  I did find Bozo Joe though he ran off and joined:

Great News For Bulls & Blackhawks: The Circus Is Leaving

He doesn't realize that it has been shutdown.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/01/14/ringling-bros-circus-close-after-146-years/96606820/

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

You mean can't...as in they both report to the same clown in Florham Park

First, even if he could he wouldn't. Also, Christopher said he changed the power structure. If that's the case then Christopher has one of those guys reporting to the other. Maybe SAR is right and JD reports to Gase which is a terrible idea.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Honestly, I'm willing to give in to your Adam Gase will be a great HC when he lets go of the Offense and decides to be a HC, but please tell me what sign is there that he would ever actually do this? Heck, he won't even give up play calling. In the midst of the entire team taking on water and capsizing, he is a ship captain who remains fixated on the screens and switches at the navigation station because that was his job before he was in charge and it is all he really knows. 

But, as I said, I'm willing to consider your position. So, tell me what has Gase done to make you think he will give up his Brilliant Offensive Mind role and be a HC?

I believe that when he took the job as a recently-fired head coach, he believed he was a great offensive coordinator and not much else.  But now that he's been here awhile and given the power in the building to reshape the entire franchise, he's proven to himself that he's more than just an offensive coordinator.  No way he admits to a room full of reporters that he's considering giving up playcalling duties unless he's realizing he should.

So he's going to let that part go, hire an offensive coordinator and playcaller, and continue to do what he does best-  evaluate front office and roster talent and motivate a locker room that is going to be doing a whole lot of losing before they are re-stocked through the draft and turn a corner in 2022.  Gase is experienced and expert at [insert joke here] managing a downtrodden locker room full of losers and keeping them together as a team, keeping their hopes up, taking the hits from the media, protecting them and giving them opportunity.  He's probably the best coach in the NFL at that sad task.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

23 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Lets hope he's vindicated & some of these guys get back in & start developing. I thought our luck had changed after 50 years but it is true this is a TRUE REBUILD. The bandaid was YANKED OFF! They had to get rid out Trumaine, Bell + no matter what anyone says based on what we are witnessing, trading Adams for 2 firsts & a 3rd was a stroke of genius! I think we'd still be 0-6 with Adams playing. 

one by one they're getting rid of the vets on the team, and the guys who cost the most.  let's not forget adams who was going to cost a fortune.  

most important thing to remember is that gms get fired because they can't find good qbs.  douglas was not brought here to develop darnold.  he was brought here to trade him and draft his own qb.  it's a difficult thing to accept because darnod is the most talented qb we've had here in eons, but still, he doesn't see the field nearly as well as a guy like pennington.  he's too raw to pay $20+ million, and the ravens haven't won since they paid flacco.  douglas understands this math.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

First, even if he could he wouldn't. Also, Christopher said he changed the power structure. If that's the case then Christopher has one of those guys reporting to the other. Maybe SAR is right and JD reports to Gase which is a terrible idea.

Yea I remember that report but here's the thing.....one of these guys has a 4 year contract and the other guy has a 6 year contract. You do the math lol

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I believe that when he took the job as a recently-fired head coach, he believed he was a great offensive coordinator and not much else.  But now that he's been here awhile and given the power in the building to reshape the entire franchise, he's proven to himself that he's more than just an offensive coordinator.  No way he admits to a room full of reporters that he's considering giving up playcalling duties unless he's realizing he should.

So he's going to let that part go, hire an offensive coordinator and playcaller, and continue to do what he does best-  evaluate front office and roster talent and motivate a locker room that is going to be doing a whole lot of losing before they are re-stocked through the draft and turn a corner in 2022.  Gase is experienced and expert at [insert joke here] managing a downtrodden locker room full of losers and keeping them together as a team, keeping their hopes up, taking the hits from the media, protecting them and giving them opportunity.  He's probably the best coach in the NFL at that sad task.

SAR I

So, basically you are relying on your "belief" rather than any actual evidence in the form of actions Gase has taken. Fair enough. 

26 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Lets hope he's vindicated & some of these guys get back in & start developing. I thought our luck had changed after 50 years but it is true this is a TRUE REBUILD. The bandaid was YANKED OFF! They had to get rid out Trumaine, Bell + no matter what anyone says based on what we are witnessing, trading Adams for 2 firsts & a 3rd was a stroke of genius! I think we'd still be 0-6 with Adams playing. 

This argument about still being 0-6 with Adams is about the most ignorant thing people can say when it comes to the Jets. Adams was they only good thing on this team. Nobody by themselves saves this team from this record. There is no one position on this team where you replace player A with B and the team is in a position to win games. I am not happy we don't have Adams but I am happy with the haul we got for him. You need to keep your best players. If you think it hasn't been noticed that the best players have been able to tweet their way off this team, watch how we do in FA. Waiving Bell under the conditions we did was a huge mistake. It helped Bell and hurt the Jets in more ways than just the cap. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I don't know if you noticed, but this lockeroom has already shown signs of fracture. 

We can't evaluate the Adams trade under they use those late first Rd picks

People say Adams is just one guy and that is true. Robby is a guy. Demario Davis is a guy. The league is full of former Jets who can play ball and if this team kept all of them it wouldn't be such a terrible team

This argument about still being 0-6 with Adams is about the most ignorant thing people can say when it comes to the Jets. Adams was they only good thing on this team. Nobody by themselves saves this team from this record. There is no one position on this team where you replace player A with B and the team is in a position to win games. I am not happy we don't have Adams but I am happy with the haul we got for him. You need to keep your best players. If you think it hasn't been noticed that the best players have been able to tweet their way off this team, watch how we do in FA. Waiving Bell under the conditions we did was a huge mistake. It helped Bell and hurt the Jets in more ways than just the cap. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets need to burn it down after we get the first overall pick. Fire both Adam Gase and Joe Douglas. You'll see more candidates come for this job with Trevor Lawrence coming. 

JD, unlike Gase, is very highly respected within NFL circles. The way to achieve your goal is to can Gase and let JD pick the coach. Then you may get the type of people in here that always avoided this place like the clap.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Can you tell me where you got this thing that JD answers to Gase?

For years, Woody Johnson has had a very influential guy as his right hand man.  All NFL owners have this.  Jay Cross for awhile.  Then Neil Glat.  Non-football men.  Strong businessmen and operators.

Christopher Johnson cleaned house.  Either Hymie Elhai or Adam Gase is now his right hand man.  All signs point to Gase, not Elhai.  Because I believe Christopher Johnson is doing what we would do if we were running the team.  Looking for a Bill Parcells type, someone no-nonsense, someone with the balls to do what needs to be done, someone vicious enough to fight back and stand for his principles, someone who could handle the toxic media and keep his players clean.  Someone to rebuild this thing once and for all and do it the right way.

SAR I

So, basically you are relying on your "belief" rather than any actual evidence in the form of actions Gase has taken. Fair enough. 

Gase said he was willing to give up playcalling duties in a press conference.  I believe that constitutes 'actual evidence'.

SAR I

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

The Jets ownership chose to starve the roster. What Manish said about the limitations in free agent spend was absolutely true. Jd is not this dumb. This is what happens when an entire organization decides not to try

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Woody has to plausibly deny having anything to do with this mess and clean house. The #1 overall pick makes us very attractive this year. We're talking once in a lifetime chance to coach...Sunshine. 

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Can you name a player we shouldn't have gotten rid of?  Was getting rid of Maccagnan not the right move?  Was Douglas the wrong hire?  Was moving off of Woody's right hand man in Glat not a step in the right direction?  Was drafting a LT and a WR not the proper first and second round moves? 

The play on the field is going to be bad, we are a bad team bereft of talent because of a decade of lousy GM's blowing every draft.  But organizationally, things couldn't be going any better.  Cutting dead weight, picking up cap and draft capital.  Suffer through a season like never before, but come out far better in the long run when its over.

SAR I

Robbie Anderson

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I really don't know where SAR gets any of this. He was saying Gase was a great HC but now that it is undeniable that he sucks at it, he is now a great football man and he was brought in to rebuild the FO . Great, so we have a HC who sucks at being a HC in charge of something that has no relationship to his title. 

Very Jetsy

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, kelly said:

ugghhh,.. Rome was NOT built in a day. it's gonna take  2 - 3 yrs to build our team/roster    :unsure:

cheers ~ ~ 

:wine:

Preach it, my sexy babe.

They scream about how they want to rebuild this thing, get a HC and GM on the same page in here, do it the "right way" like the Ravens, Steelers, Chiefs, and Patriots.

And after 4 games last year they try to get the HC fired and after 6 games this year they're trying to get the GM on the hot seat.  

They don't know what they want; they just live for the complaining.  The "silence" from the owner and the GM that you hear?  It's deliberate.  It's what happens when you stop listening to knee-jerk fans and just do what's necessary.  Perfect time for it.  No season ticket holders spending any money.  No stadiums full of boo birds.

SAR I

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SORE I

If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die?

And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?".

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

JD, unlike Gase, is very highly respected within NFL circles. The way to achieve your goal is to can Gase and let JD pick the coach. Then you may get the type of people in here that always avoided this place like the clap.

You really think he'll fire his friend who got him the job? Joe Douglas and Adam Gase are a package deal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

For years, Woody Johnson has had a very influential guy as his right hand man.  All NFL owners have this.  Jay Cross for awhile.  Then Neil Glat.  Non-football men.  Strong businessmen and operators.

Christopher Johnson cleaned house.  Either Hymie Elhai or Adam Gase is now his right hand man.  All signs point to Gase, not Elhai.  Because I believe Christopher Johnson is doing what we would do if we were running the team.  Looking for a Bill Parcells type, someone no-nonsense, someone with the balls to do what needs to be done, someone vicious enough to fight back and stand for his principles, someone who could handle the toxic media and keep his players clean.  Someone to rebuild this thing once and for all and do it the right way.

SAR I

Ok, so basically you have no evidence about anything you are writing and wasting everyone's time by posting this trash. Got it. 

I swear, I don't think Kelly Anne Conway could give a better non-answer than what you just wrote. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You really think he'll fire his friend who got him the job? Joe Douglas and Adam Gase are a package deal. 

He can't, ownership will. Then,they come into the modern age and let the GM pick the next coach, who will report directly to him.Let Gase become someone else's problem.

Im not judging Douglas as a talent evaluater. I think though it should concern everybody here with regards to his possible indebtiness to Gase for getting him this job. He's a GM now making big bucks, thanks in large part to Gase. Is that why Gase hasn't been fired yet??

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Thank you sooooo much for finding this.  It's going to be rather useful for me for the next couple of years.

SAR I

42 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh, he sucks head to toe as far as anything football is concerned. 

O-6

24 to zip against Miami. Miami for Christ sake shut his O out. 

Last rank O in the league

Headed to break the record held by an expansion team in their first year for point differential. 

30-41 record as a HC. 

Lifetime ranking in the lower half of the league in total offense. 

I can go on but I think the point is made.

That is because in both Miami and New Jersey he has inherited awful rosters built by awful general managers.

This rah-rah "no excuses!" and rah-rah "next man up!" is just clever fanboy talk.  It's not actually what goes on in the real world.  It's not actually how $3.6 billion dollar enterprises are run.  If this weren't a public business, if this were some private organization without fans, you'd see this is how it's done.  New CEO, brings in his industry expert, the expert takes a few months, starts blowing things up, makes all the necessary changes to drive the company forward in a new manner.  Takes a year or so, you start seeing results.

The Football Man of Florham Park can only be Adam Gase or Hymie Elhai.  It's not Hymie Elhai.  Adam Gase may have 'head coach' as his title, but he's not just our head coach.

SAR I

I can't believe they're are people,(like Sar), who can't understand,or refuse to see that with Gase it isn't just his coaching. It's him the man that's a big part of the problem. Players don't like him,or respect him. He throws players under the bus, never takes responsibility for the teams play. He has no communication skills whatsoever. These are big issues that directly relate to whether this guy can be a winning HC.