where is joe d hiding?

kmnj

35 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't know if you noticed, but this lockeroom has already shown signs of fracture. 

To be expected on any 0-6 franchise, especially one that probably has a few guys who have figured out that they are placeholders for a future team that will actually be constructed to win games, not lose them.

The point being that since Gase is CJ's Football Man and all in Florham Park are bought in to the self-destruct mode that this season represents, all the bellyaching from fans and any from the locker room are going to roll off Christopher Johnson like warm butter on freshly boiled corn.  

SAR I

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So he's going to let that part go, hire an offensive coordinator and playcaller, and continue to do what he does best-  evaluate front office and roster talent and motivate a locker room that is going to be doing a whole lot of losing before they are re-stocked through the draft and turn a corner in 2022.

Imo the positive read on why Gase isn’t handing over the playcalling yet is because it’s a doomed proposition right now and it’s unfair to put JimBob in charge with Flacco throwing at Jeff Smith. If you want to make that change, you have to give the new OC at least half a chance to look successful otherwise the change is for naught. Let Mims, Perriman, Darnold, and Becton get on the field and then hand the call sheet to JimBob.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Allow me to provide you with a hypothetical statement from Joe Douglas:

”Hi, yeah, so, nobody likes being oh-and-five. Losing stinks, but I know, based on watching these guys and being in this building every day, that everyone is still working hard to get this thing turned around. We knew going into the season that a lot of things were going to have to go right for us to get to where we wanted to be, as a team and an organization, in the near term, and a lot of those things haven’t come about so here we are. That said, we’re going to continue working hard and competing hard to try and make the fans proud, to make Mr. Johnson proud, and, uh, we’re gonna do that. I’ll open it up to questions at this point.” 

26 year old gamer/beat reporter: “Joe, um, so, on Twitter, uh, and this isn’t me asking, mind you, I’m just saying that I see a lot of tweets, uh, where fans—not me!—the fans! And on my Twitch stream, too! They, uh, want to know if you’ve given any thought to moving on from Adam Gase—whom I personally like, Adam, if you’re listening, it’s not really *me* asking. It’s the Twitch streamers! Haha!”

JD: Uhhh, look, the team has struggled, obviously, there have been some unexpected injuries, as there always are, but some we didn’t think that—like, our top five receivers all being down—and that’s set us back a bit offensively. I can tell you that Adam is doing everything he can to pull the team together and get this headed in the right direction. As of right now, we’re just focused on getting better. So, no, we’re not looking to fire anyone right now. Next question.

Cimini: Hi Joe. Recently Gregg Williams seemed to point the finger at Adam in defending the lackluster performance of the defense. Can you characterize for us what Gregg meant with those comments and whether or not you agree with his assessment that Adam’s offense is really to blame?

JD: Yeah, so, I talked to both Adam and Gregg, as I do every day, and they’re fine. They’re both competitive guys who are frustrated right now, but every loss is a team loss and it’s important that we stick together, as a team, and they know that. As far as Gregg’s comments, he wasn’t necessarily talking about just the offense. There’s been some personnel issues on defense, some injuries, and it’s led to, you know, some difficulty getting it going on that side of the ball, so it wasn’t all directed at Adam. Plenty of blame to go around there, but it is what it is, and we’re gonna keep working to fix it.

Costello: Hi Joe. Has Christopher Johnson at any point discussed with you how he feels about the performance of the team and can you share with us what he thinks?

JD: <blinks> I talk to Mr. Johnson every day and I can tell you that he’s as disappointed as anyone, but he’s been extremely supportive and has offered us every available resource to do what we need to do to get this thing turned around. 

Charles McDonald, NYDN: <unfolds crinkled up piece of looseleaf paper with hand-written Sharpie notes on it in Manish Mehta’s handwriting> “Joe, will you now admit that trading Jamal Adams was Adam Gase’s idea and that Mike Maccagnan was a better general manager than you and also have you heard the outcry from the people in this room, the fan base, and Article One of the Bill of Rights who all desperately want and need Manish Mehta to once again resume his rightful place as the journalist of record among the otherwise lowly ranks of the Jets press corps? Answer me, you coward, signed Manish but don’t read the signed Manish part whoops”

JD: Uhhh, well, uh. OK. I’ll start with the Jamal Adams part. Jamal Adams is currently set to miss his third straight game out in Seattle and he was really exposed as a real sandbag when he was playing, so I feel like we’ve got the better end of that deal right now, but we wish him luck and Pete Carroll, haha, hoo boy. Also, no to the Manish thing. What’s he up to these days? Covering Rutgers women’s ice hockey? Working the local 4H Fair circuit?”

bravo.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I really don't know where SAR gets any of this. He was saying Gase was a great HC but now that it is undeniable that he sucks at it, he is now a great football man and he was brought in to rebuild the FO . Great, so we have a HC who sucks at being a HC in charge of something that has no relationship to his title. 

Very Jetsy

No......SAR has been very consistent in his belief that in trying to find a great offensive mind the Jets accidentally found a great head coach.  It's easy to find good offensive coordinators.  It's impossible to find a great head coach, especially one who can handle tough times with a broken roster in a vicious media market.  It would be very Jetsy for us to have found the head coach we've been missing for 50 years this way.

For those paying attention the last year and a half, we have a HC who needs an offensive coordinator.  And, while he's not shopping for the groceries, he's the one making the shopping list and picking the supermarket.  Elhai and Douglas are too young and inexperienced to handle the responsibility of such an undertaking not to mention neither could stand up to someone as maniacal as Gase, hell, he hired them. 

All signs point to Gase as the Don Corleone of Florham Park.  It's what we wanted.  A Football Man taking no prisioners from billionaires, stadium developers, and attorneys.  I love it.  It's awesome. 

SAR I

53 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, so basically you have no evidence about anything you are writing and wasting everyone's time by posting this trash. Got it. 

I swear, I don't think Kelly Anne Conway could give a better non-answer than what you just wrote. 

When as fans we don't have a clear answer to a question the course of action is to piece together the evidence and draw a conclusion.  Here's what we know:

1] Christopher Johnson went on record telling fans that he was changing the power structure:

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/16/ceo-christopher-johnson-changes-jets-power-structure/ 

2] Then we as fans have watched the following unfold over the last 16 months:

Maccagnan fired.
Douglas hired.
Glat fired.
Elhai hired.
Osemele complains.
Osemele released.
Jamal complains.
Jamal traded.
Bell complains.
Bell released.
Mehta hit pieces.
Mehta revoked.
Lucas mouths off.
Lucas fired.
Beningo rants.
Beningo fired.
Gase goes 0-6.

Gase still employed.

Add it all up, it paints a very clear picture.  Someone made the decision to blow this thing up deep and hard and right now.  Someone in Florham Park is a vicious maniac, taking no prisoners, taking no accountability.   Someone is protecting Adam Gase and not sacrificing him to the wild mob.  Let's see who that person could be:

Hymie Elhai
Joe Douglas
Adam Gase

Yeah, I'm putting my money on Adam Gase.  Elhai is a young attorney and Douglas is a young scout.  Adam Gase is a weaselly manipulative bastard.  Exactly what we need right now, FYI.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets need to burn it down after we get the first overall pick. Fire both Adam Gase and Joe Douglas. You'll see more candidates come for this job with Trevor Lawrence coming. 

..he's tanned, rested & ready...

play_a_jefffisher_ms_600x400.jpg

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Can you name a player we shouldn't have gotten rid of?  Was getting rid of Maccagnan not the right move?  Was Douglas the wrong hire?  Was moving off of Woody's right hand man in Glat not a step in the right direction?  Was drafting a LT and a WR not the proper first and second round moves? 

The play on the field is going to be bad, we are a bad team bereft of talent because of a decade of lousy GM's blowing every draft.  But organizationally, things couldn't be going any better.  Cutting dead weight, picking up cap and draft capital.  Suffer through a season like never before, but come out far better in the long run when its over.

SAR I

It's not and for the MOST PART never has been the HC responsibility to decide on who the GM should be. Especially when the HC had only 3 years experience as a HC,and was a failure

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

If the Jets get crushed like college pussy this week - which they will - I expect some kind of organizational response. 

a firing would be appreciated but in the least i expect brass to speak. Your house is on fire, the kids are in the back of the squad car and the wife’s on the sauce. Time for a statement. 

Chappelles Show Lol GIF

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

This argument about still being 0-6 with Adams is about the most ignorant thing people can say when it comes to the Jets. Adams was they only good thing on this team. Nobody by themselves saves this team from this record. There is no one position on this team where you replace player A with B and the team is in a position to win games. I am not happy we don't have Adams but I am happy with the haul we got for him. You need to keep your best players. If you think it hasn't been noticed that the best players have been able to tweet their way off this team, watch how we do in FA. Waiving Bell under the conditions we did was a huge mistake. It helped Bell and hurt the Jets in more ways than just the cap. 

Hey, no name calling here on JI or I'll report you. Ignorant? I'm not ignoring the fact that Jamal Adams wasn't moving the needle on this teams success & neither was Joe Douglas. 

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That is because in both Miami and New Jersey he has inherited awful rosters built by awful general managers.

This rah-rah "no excuses!" and rah-rah "next man up!" is just clever fanboy talk.  It's not actually what goes on in the real world.  It's not actually how $3.6 billion dollar enterprises are run.  If this weren't a public business, if this were some private organization without fans, you'd see this is how it's done.  New CEO, brings in his industry expert, the expert takes a few months, starts blowing things up, makes all the necessary changes to drive the company forward in a new manner.  Takes a year or so, you start seeing results.

The Football Man of Florham Park can only be Adam Gase or Hymie Elhai.  It's not Hymie Elhai.  Adam Gase may have 'head coach' as his title, but he's not just our head coach.

SAR I

Here is the problem with that. If this is what the plan was, that should have been done last year. Instead, the owner allowed Mac to spend 90+ million in FA and hire a new HC to work with A second year QB they just drafted in the second round the year before. You do none of that if Gase as you are saying was hired to tear it down and rebuild the team. This was not even the plan at the begining of this year, it was what the year devolved into due to the embarrassing performance by the team and especially it's ineptitude on O. Shut out by Miami. Do you have any idea what an embarrassment that is? That shouldn't happen to any team. This isn't the Pittsburgh Steelers we are playing. 

Honestly, the stuff you wrote is an insult to the intelligence of everyone who posts here. 

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

To be expected on any 0-6 franchise, especially one that probably has a few guys who have figured out that they are placeholders for a future team that will actually be constructed to win games, not lose them.

The point being that since Gase is CJ's Football Man and all in Florham Park are bought in to the self-destruct mode that this season represents, all the bellyaching from fans and any from the locker room are going to roll off Christopher Johnson like warm butter on freshly boiled corn.  

SAR I

I didn't even finish reading what you just wrote. You can't have it both ways. You just wrote he is an expert at keeping a lockeroom together and in the next breath you admit the current lockeroom is fractured under his watch. So which is it?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Allow me to provide you with a hypothetical statement from Joe Douglas:

”Hi, yeah, so, nobody likes being oh-and-five. Losing stinks, but I know, based on watching these guys and being in this building every day, that everyone is still working hard to get this thing turned around. We knew going into the season that a lot of things were going to have to go right for us to get to where we wanted to be, as a team and an organization, in the near term, and a lot of those things haven’t come about so here we are. That said, we’re going to continue working hard and competing hard to try and make the fans proud, to make Mr. Johnson proud, and, uh, we’re gonna do that. I’ll open it up to questions at this point.” 

26 year old gamer/beat reporter: “Joe, um, so, on Twitter, uh, and this isn’t me asking, mind you, I’m just saying that I see a lot of tweets, uh, where fans—not me!—the fans! And on my Twitch stream, too! They, uh, want to know if you’ve given any thought to moving on from Adam Gase—whom I personally like, Adam, if you’re listening, it’s not really *me* asking. It’s the Twitch streamers! Haha!”

JD: Uhhh, look, the team has struggled, obviously, there have been some unexpected injuries, as there always are, but some we didn’t think that—like, our top five receivers all being down—and that’s set us back a bit offensively. I can tell you that Adam is doing everything he can to pull the team together and get this headed in the right direction. As of right now, we’re just focused on getting better. So, no, we’re not looking to fire anyone right now. Next question.

Cimini: Hi Joe. Recently Gregg Williams seemed to point the finger at Adam in defending the lackluster performance of the defense. Can you characterize for us what Gregg meant with those comments and whether or not you agree with his assessment that Adam’s offense is really to blame?

JD: Yeah, so, I talked to both Adam and Gregg, as I do every day, and they’re fine. They’re both competitive guys who are frustrated right now, but every loss is a team loss and it’s important that we stick together, as a team, and they know that. As far as Gregg’s comments, he wasn’t necessarily talking about just the offense. There’s been some personnel issues on defense, some injuries, and it’s led to, you know, some difficulty getting it going on that side of the ball, so it wasn’t all directed at Adam. Plenty of blame to go around there, but it is what it is, and we’re gonna keep working to fix it.

Costello: Hi Joe. Has Christopher Johnson at any point discussed with you how he feels about the performance of the team and can you share with us what he thinks?

JD: <blinks> I talk to Mr. Johnson every day and I can tell you that he’s as disappointed as anyone, but he’s been extremely supportive and has offered us every available resource to do what we need to do to get this thing turned around. 

Charles McDonald, NYDN: <unfolds crinkled up piece of looseleaf paper with hand-written Sharpie notes on it in Manish Mehta’s handwriting> “Joe, will you now admit that trading Jamal Adams was Adam Gase’s idea and that Mike Maccagnan was a better general manager than you and also have you heard the outcry from the people in this room, the fan base, and Article One of the Bill of Rights who all desperately want and need Manish Mehta to once again resume his rightful place as the journalist of record among the otherwise lowly ranks of the Jets press corps? Answer me, you coward, signed Manish but don’t read the signed Manish part whoops”

JD: Uhhh, well, uh. OK. I’ll start with the Jamal Adams part. Jamal Adams is currently set to miss his third straight game out in Seattle and he was really exposed as a real sandbag when he was playing, so I feel like we’ve got the better end of that deal right now, but we wish him luck and Pete Carroll, haha, hoo boy. Also, no to the Manish thing. What’s he up to these days? Covering Rutgers women’s ice hockey? Working the local 4H Fair circuit?”

People actually took the time to read this? 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Maccagnan fired.
Douglas hired.
Glat fired.
Elhai hired.
Osemele complains.
Osemele released.
Jamal complains.
Jamal traded.
Bell complains.
Bell released.
Mehta hit pieces.
Mehta revoked.
Lucas mouths off.
Lucas fired.
Beningo rants.
Beningo fired.
Gase goes 0-6.

Gase still employed.

Add it all up, it paints a very clear picture. 

it does paint a very clear picture indeed

a picture of a franchise that openly trolls it's fanbase to save money 

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No......SAR has been very consistent in his belief that in trying to find a great offensive mind the Jets accidentally found a great head coach.  It's easy to find good offensive coordinators.  It's impossible to find a great head coach, especially one who can handle tough times with a broken roster in a vicious media market.  It would be very Jetsy for us to have found the head coach we've been missing for 50 years this way.

For those paying attention the last year and a half, we have a HC who needs an offensive coordinator.  And, while he's not shopping for the groceries, he's the one making the shopping list and picking the supermarket.  Elhai and Douglas are too young and inexperienced to handle the responsibility of such an undertaking not to mention neither could stand up to someone as maniacal as Gase, hell, he hired them. 

All signs point to Gase as the Don Corleone of Florham Park.  It's what we wanted.  A Football Man taking no prisioners from billionaires, stadium developers, and attorneys.  I love it.  It's awesome. 

SAR I

https://images.app.goo.gl/L9gL1hYRUbuxip758

34 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I don't get the JD hate. This is maccs mess, JD is just blowing it up. Hes shedding all the bad contracts. Bell, Tru, Enunwa, etc.

In free agency we saw that he actually had a plan. Try to fix the oline. And he specifically gave everyone short term deals with easy outs. This team wasn't competing this year, and JD knew it. Thats why he wasn't a big spender.

But next year he has a ton of cap space, and a lot of draft picks. We will learn a lot about JD next offseason. Let's see how he does because he's not going anywhere. He's been on the job for 1 year. Hes had 1 draft. This was never going to be a quick fix. Most fans knew this team lacked talent at every single level. 

I agree with your overall premise. JD's plan is sound. 

But, when you have been the GM for 16 months and your team is historically bad (arguably the worst 0-6 team in NFL history), you are going to get some arrows. Comes with the territory. 

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I didn't even finish reading what you just wrote. You can't have it both ways. You just wrote he is an expert at keeping a lockeroom together and in the next breath you admit the current lockeroom is fractured under his watch. So which is it?

It's not a personal thing, but the locker room hates him as a HC. He's just that incompetent

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

This is Adam Gase's team.  He is the "Football Man" in charge.  And we hear from him twice a week which is more than enough.  Joe Douglas works for Gase, not the other way around.

Because of this unique no-fans season, the Jets have decided to jumpstart the rebuild, put it in hyperdrive, and dump every malcontent, old guy, and high-priced fatcat on the roster.  It's not an accident we suck.  It's by design.

You wanted ownership to stop meddling.  You wanted a Football Man at the top to replace the billionaires, stadium developers, and lawyers calling the shots.  You wanted a HC and GM on the same page making smart decisions and doing it 'the right way'.  This is what Year 1 looks like.  It ain't pretty.  But it's necessary.

SAR I

Sunday:  Jets get crushed by multiple TDs.

Gase Media Day 1:  "I'll have to look at the film to see what happened.  Most likely poor execution because the plan was perfect."

Gase Media Day 2:  "We're getting ready for Sunday's game.  The guys have had a great week of practice.  I wish you could see how good we look at practice.  Really...it's great.  You should see the practice.....because it won't show up in Sunday's game."

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When as fans we don't have a clear answer to a question the course of action is to piece together the evidence and draw a conclusion.  Here's what we know:

1] Christopher Johnson went on record telling fans that he was changing the power structure:

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/16/ceo-christopher-johnson-changes-jets-power-structure/ 

Maccagnan fired.
Douglas hired.
Glat fired.
Elhai hired.
Osemele complains.
Osemele released.
Jamal complains.
Jamal traded.
Bell complains.
Bell released.
Mehta hit pieces.
Mehta revoked.
Lucas mouths off.
Lucas fired.
Beningo rants.
Beningo fired.
Gase goes 0-6.

Gase still employed.

Add it all up, it paints a very clear picture.  Someone made the decision to blow this thing up deep and hard and right now.  Someone in Florham Park is a vicious maniac, taking no prisoners, taking no accountability.   Someone is protecting Adam Gase and not sacrificing him to the wild mob.  Let's see who that person could be:

Hymie Elhai
Joe Douglas
Adam Gase

Yeah, I'm putting my money on Adam Gase.  Elhai is a young attorney and Douglas is a young scout.  Adam Gase is a weaselly manipulative bastard.  Exactly what we need right now, FYI.

SAR I

Ok, so not only is Gase in charge of the Jets, he is also in charge of ESPN and the Yes network. Got it. 

You are making a great case for an insanity defense. 

38 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I don't get the JD hate. This is maccs mess, JD is just blowing it up. Hes shedding all the bad contracts. Bell, Tru, Enunwa, etc.

In free agency we saw that he actually had a plan. Try to fix the oline. And he specifically gave everyone short term deals with easy outs. This team wasn't competing this year, and JD knew it. Thats why he wasn't a big spender.

But next year he has a ton of cap space, and a lot of draft picks. We will learn a lot about JD next offseason. Let's see how he does because he's not going anywhere. He's been on the job for 1 year. Hes had 1 draft. This was never going to be a quick fix. Most fans knew this team lacked talent at every single level. 

The JD hate is unbelievably short sighted.

• Upvote 4

Yeah JD is so bad for inheriting a roster void of any talent. There's a reason he went with one year deals because there's no need to tie up money to anyone long term when the roster isn't close to competing. He will build through the draft first. Yes early returns on the draft look poor but most are hurt which isn't in his control. We will know by mid next year if his class sucked or not

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

That is because in both Miami and New Jersey he has inherited awful rosters built by awful general managers.

This rah-rah "no excuses!" and rah-rah "next man up!" is just clever fanboy talk.  It's not actually what goes on in the real world.  It's not actually how $3.6 billion dollar enterprises are run.  If this weren't a public business, if this were some private organization without fans, you'd see this is how it's done.  New CEO, brings in his industry expert, the expert takes a few months, starts blowing things up, makes all the necessary changes to drive the company forward in a new manner.  Takes a year or so, you start seeing results.

The Football Man of Florham Park can only be Adam Gase or Hymie Elhai.  It's not Hymie Elhai.  Adam Gase may have 'head coach' as his title, but he's not just our head coach.

SAR I

Do you get your BMW serviced at the dealership or at Jiffy Lube.  Gase is like the guy at Jiffy Lube who doesn't tighten the oil filter.  Make sense now?  We need a qualified service technician working with this team.  Spring for the dealership not the $29.99 special.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Maccagnan fired.
Douglas hired.
Glat fired.
Elhai hired.
Osemele complains.
Osemele released.
Jamal complains.
Jamal traded.
Bell complains.
Bell released.
Mehta hit pieces.
Mehta revoked.
Lucas mouths off.
Lucas fired.
Beningo rants.
Beningo fired.
Gase goes 0-6.

Gase still employed.

Hymie Elhai
Joe Douglas
Adam Gase

SAR I

Don't sell Hymie short. Here he is playing for West Essex high School, carrying the ball. Granted it does appear to be practice, but he does have the ball.

5dc1e74792d95.image.jpg?resize=1200,1064

Hold on! Was Jeff Fisher Hymie's High School coach?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, I'll just put you on ignore. 

What I said was not a personal attack. 

I was actually just fooling around with ya, I don't give two sh*ts what words you use to describe my thoughts on the team. 

25 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Do you get your BMW serviced at the dealership or at Jiffy Lube.  Gase is like the guy at Jiffy Lube who doesn't tighten the oil filter.  Make sense now?  We need a qualified service technician working with this team.  Spring for the dealership not the $29.99 special.

When we can attract a great head coach we will.  Right now, it’s Jiffy Lube. Because we aren’t a BMW.  More like a Kia. 

SAR I