The revenge of Le'Veon Bell could be a Jets horror

here is the book on JD so far (yes it is early blah blah blah)

he drafted what looks like a great offensive lineman-no big accomplishment to get a first round pick  correct

second pick-we hope mims can play-in his case we dont know yet either way

then the rest appears to be hot garbage and the drafting of Morgan was beyond awful-like really really awful for a guy who will never play 

all of his free agents pretty much suck some like really really bad-Perriman who was cut not once but twice for being a jag

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I, too, believe that a slow 28 year old running back who hasn’t run for more than 4.0 ypc since 2006 will magically become effective again. 

his last year in pitt he was one of the best backs in football-almost 2000 total yards and 11 tds

he was not effective for us but show me one player who has been on the Gase offense?

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He averaged 4.0 ypc that year.

lol  he was third in the nfl for rushing yards 36 short of the rushing crown

and was 10th in catches for the year with 85 catches

Overall the number one back in football 

love guys now trying to sell it that bell has been washed up for years

28 minutes ago, kmnj said:

what about perriman

what about paying griffin

I love how people talk about we cant spend on big FA and then when we pay guys that suck -hey is not our money

JD will have spend 25+ million on total scrubs but didnt want to pay robby fair market value and let him test the market instead of paying our guy

The strategy seems pretty clear.  Avoid long term deals this past offseason as you try to right the ship, ie, by building a core through the draft.  And, while I would have liked to have kept Robby, if he were still here, we'd be discussing how he wasn't worth the money.  He wouldn't look like he does in Carolina, because Sam Darnold sucks and can't take advantage of him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

The Bell you saw with the Jets is always how Bell looked with the Steelers he was never a world beater running the ball but he's a monster in the passing game. His vision in space is what makes him great not over whelming speed since he never had that type of speed. When the Jets were not using him in the passing game like they should have and continued to run him between the tackles its obvious why he failed here. He runs best in the zone scheme picking his spots. Once he gets KC's offense down which may take a few games he's going to be a terror yet again and the Jets will look like failures ONCE AGAIN

Bell is finished.

anybody that thinks bell was washed up with pitt really should find another hobby

and dont got with the pitt didnt want him mantra either-they offered him 5 years and 70 million at the time and he turned it down

Bell's mistake was not taking the pitt money when offered

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Josh Doctson,Kaare Vadvik,Donte Moncreif hopefully JD has better talent evaluating skills in this upcoming free agency and draft. 

Nobody gets a pass from me when we are 0-7,most penalized team in the NFL and worst roster in the NFL. 

These are all cheap stop gaps.

We get it, you want a Super Bowl this year.  We all do.  It's wasn't in the cards no matter who we signed.

This team is years away because the overwhelming majority of Macc's picks aren't on the team and are out of the league.

Joe Douglas could have a great offseason this year, and the team could still be bad.  That's how bad things are.  Name recognition free agents won't change that.  You'd think Jets fans would learn that from Trumaine Johnson, Leveon Bell, or the inside linebacker who's name I can't even remember right now because he played like 8 snaps for us.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Bell is finished.

he was the best back in all of footlball  his last year in pitt

the jets having a coach that did not want bell was the problem-Gase didnt want him and didnt want to use him properly 

bell was elite in Pitt-who has ever been elite under a gase offense?

On 10/29/2020 at 6:37 AM, y2k8 said:

I've kept him on my fantasy football team for the express purpose of starting him this weekend. I'm expecting him to rack up points in the second half when it's a blow out.

Similar.  I have him on my fantasy team, started him in my Flex position for Week 1 and he's been on the bench ever since.  Resisted trading him when someone with Clyde Edwards-Helaire attempted to get him from me as a hedge/handcuff at their RB spot.  I think this is the week to put him in my lineup.

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

The strategy seems pretty clear.  Avoid long term deals this past offseason as you try to right the ship, ie, by building a core through the draft.  And, while I would have liked to have kept Robby, if he were still here, we'd be discussing how he wasn't worth the money.  He wouldn't look like he does in Carolina, because Sam Darnold sucks and can't take advantage of him.

the money we spend on perrifman and griffin-could have kept robby

his production with jets was not bad-he was good for 700-800 yards and 5tds  and is just entering the  prime of his career-not unreasonable to think he could have had 900-1000 yards and 5-8 tds this season(if Gase was not the coach) If your point is Gase is so terrible Robby would  have dropped production due to the Gase factor I will awknowledge that

Just now, Coffee Is Great said:

I do not care one iota about Bell. He can rush for 200 yards and 3 TD and it won't matter to me. We know Gase sucks and limits his players, we know we suck--what Bell does should not concern us. He's yesterday's news in my mind.

it concerns me as I am loading up on bell props-  

10 minutes ago, kmnj said:

he was the best back in all of footlball  his last year in pitt

the jets having a coach that did not want bell was the problem-Gase didnt want him and didnt want to use him properly 

bell was elite in Pitt-who has ever been elite under a gase offense?

Bell is done.  It happens to backs all the time.  They hit a wall very quickly.

30 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

We get it, you want a Super Bowl this year.

No we don't get it. 

51 years and counting...............

Bad to worse and back again rinse wash repeat. 

Super Bowl this year WHO thought that? 

To bury Adam Gase more I hope Bell totals 300 yards offense and 5 TD's 

LOL Laughing On The Floor Laughing GIF - LOL LaughingOnTheFloorLaughing GIFs

26 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the money we spend on perrifman and griffin-could have kept robby

his production with jets was not bad-he was good for 700-800 yards and 5tds  and is just entering the  prime of his career-not unreasonable to think he could have had 900-1000 yards and 5-8 tds this season(if Gase was not the coach) If your point is Gase is so terrible Robby would  have dropped production due to the Gase factor I will awknowledge that

The mistake was Mac not resigning Robby over Enunwa 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

The mistake was Mac not resigning Robby over Enunwa 

mac was bad and I think Joe is cut from a similar mode-JD even wasted a pick on a qb that will never play too -at least his was a 4th instead of hackenburg....being a 2nd

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kmnj said:

mac was bad and I think Joe is cut from a similar mode-JD even wasted a pick on a qb that will never play too -at least his was a 4th instead of hackenburg....being a 2nd

I'll compare JD to Mac if the Jets still look this bad roster wise in 2-3 years.

Certain fans have to realize that no GM was gonna make this team a contender overnight, or in 1 year. JD may or may not be a good GM in the long haul, but he needs way more time than some of his detractors have given him, plain and simple. 

Sure, JD could have spent some money, but to what end? So maybe the Jets end up going 4-12 instead? What does that accomplish exactly? 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

No we don't get it. 

51 years and counting...............

Bad to worse and back again rinse wash repeat. 

Super Bowl this year WHO thought that? 

To bury Adam Gase more I hope Bell totals 300 yards offense and 5 TD's 

LOL Laughing On The Floor Laughing GIF - LOL LaughingOnTheFloorLaughing GIFs

JoeWilly just posting ass-eating gifs and we’re not gonna say something?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

JoeWilly just posting ass-eating gifs and we’re not gonna say something?

Only sick warped minded individuals would see it that way. 

Honestly dude a kid eating ass, you need help. 

Admit yourself into a local psychiatric hospital that has a psych unit.

Let us know so I can send you a fruit basket or a get well card. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I'll compare JD to Mac if the Jets still look this bad roster wise in 2-3 years.

Certain fans have to realize that no GM was gonna make this team a contender overnight, or in 1 year. JD may or may not be a good GM in the long haul, but he needs way more time than some of his detractors have given him, plain and simple. 

Sure, JD could have spent some money, but to what end? So maybe the Jets end up going 4-12 instead? What does that accomplish exactly? 

I never expected JD To make the jets a super contender over night or in one year but I did expect him to make smart football moves and for the team to improve its level of talent not make it MUCH worse and be competitive .  Parcells walked in the door and took a 1-15 team to 9-7 the next year-then the next year 12-4 and won the division and won a playoff game

JD took a mid level team -some on here said was built to win this year(boy do people for get the jets going maybe 5-0 out of the gate wining the afc east.... ) and brought it down to the level of competing with some of the worst teams in the NFL record book. 

There is no defending some of the moves 

drafting a qb in the 4th round-tell me what that accomplished ? He will NEVER see the field-he is hackenburg part two just to rounds later

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Only sick warped minded individuals would see it that way. 

Honestly dude a kid eating ass, you need help. 

Admit yourself into a local psychiatric hospital that has a psych unit.

Let us know so I can send you a fruit basket or a get well card. 

Is someone else gonna tell him, or shall I?

• Haha 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

When bell torches us, i wonder howyou will rationalize it? Will you say he just wasn't trying while here? Will it be that he really isnt that good and the game was a fluke? My bet is you will ignore and not comment on it. 

"Supporting cast."