Perriman has more TDs than Robby Anderson

BroadwayRay

Robby Anderson went undrafted 5 years ago but yet is 4th in receptions (71) and 10th in receiving yards (818) throughout only 11 games. 

Compared to a 5th year former 1st round bust in Perriman who has a career high in receptions of 36 (2019) and a career high in receiving yards of 645 (2019). 

lol. 

Robby Anderson (undrafted 2016). 

278 receptions.

159 1st down receptions. 

3,877 receiving yards.

Long of 92 yards. 

21 career TD receptions. 

vs. 

Breshad Perriman (1st round 2016). 

113 receptions

76 1st down receptions.

1,834 receiving yards. 

Long of 66 yards.

14 career TD receptions. 

For any Jets fan to slight Robby Anderson as an undrafted NFL gem in order to talk up a former 1st round NFL bust is absolutely disgusting. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Well, 2 things with that.

#1, you had 5 new starters who needed time to gel.

#2, maybe Sam isn't very good at picking up pressure, and making pre snap adjustments to better protect against that pressure.

I want to see Sam more than ever now if this OL is finally putting it together, 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

There's a difference between Perriman and Robbie. Robbie stays healthy, Perriman can't 

The biggest difference is Robby Anderson is an undrafted NFL gem in comparison to Perriman who's a former 1st round NFL bust WR (drafted/undrafted within the same draft class too). 

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The biggest difference is Robby Anderson is an undrafted NFL gem in comparison to Perriman who's a former 1st round NFL bust WR (drafted/undrafted within the same draft class too). 

The difference is you guys always want the player that's not here . 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Robby Anderson went undrafted 5 years ago but yet is 4th in receptions (71) and 10th in receiving yards (818) throughout only 11 games. 

Compared to a 5th year former 1st round bust in Perriman who has a career high in receptions of 36 (2019) and a career high in receiving yards of 645 (2019). 

lol. 

278 receptions.

159 1st down receptions. 

3,877 receiving yards.

Long of 92 yards. 

21 career TD receptions. 

vs. 

113 receptions

76 1st down receptions.

1,834 receiving yards. 

Long of 66 yards.

14 career TD receptions. 

For any Jets fan to slight Robby Anderson as an undrafted NFL gem in order to talk up a former 1st round NFL bust is absolutely disgusting. 

What is the point of all this?  Move on, dude.  Robby is not a Jet.  Oh well.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'm pretty sure most are happy with a select bunch (e.g. Becton & Mims, just from JD's first draft class) and some others.

And the team's 0-10. How many guys - among those who are here - do you really want?

"I want 35 of the guys on this winless roster" -- said nobody. 

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm pretty sure most are happy with a select bunch (e.g. Becton & Mims, just from JD's first draft class) and some others.

And the team's 0-10. How many guys - among those who are here - do you really want?

"I want 35 of the guys on this winless roster" -- said nobody. 

There are some building blocks and that's fine . Crying over Robbie not being here is comical , as if he would have put them over the top this year .

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

There are some building blocks and that's fine . Crying over Robbie not being here is comical , as if he would have put them over the top this year .

No one is crying over him not being her.

No one has so much as hinted that he would have put them over the top this year.

Literally no one.

But go on and argue against these phantom things anyway.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No one is crying over him not being her.

No one has so much as hinted that he would have put them over the top this year.

Literally no one.

But go on and argue against these phantom things anyway.

Ok so let's fire JD because he didn't resign Robbie and instead signed the always hurt Perriman. And don't say people haven't said this , I've seen it multiple times already . 

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Ok so let's fire JD because he didn't resign Robbie and instead signed the always hurt Perriman. And don't say people haven't said this , I've seen it multiple times already . 

Show me the multiple people who seriously suggested we fire JD solely because he didn't re-sign Robby Anderson.

Regardless, you're making arguments to me, and I didn't suggest it. 

So it's still a nothing argument.

It was a mistake, which even he acknowledges. He's made other mistakes with his veteran decisions. Hopefully his FA signings (and non-signings) improve. I don't think he's a total imbecile like his predecessor, and can improve.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Dcat said:

What is the point of all this?  Move on, dude.  Robby is not a Jet.  Oh well.  

The pointg is that ther majority ~85-90% of JN are stupid football fans who blamed UDFA Robbo for the Great White Hope being sh*tty at playing QB, and then replaced him with a 1st rnd bust and tryda make out like that was a LATERAL move. 

But JN keeps coming back to try to slag Robbo, cos they are stupid.

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Show me the multiple people who seriously suggested we fire JD solely because he didn't re-sign Robby Anderson.

Regardless, you're making arguments to me, and I didn't suggest it. 

So it's still a nothing argument.

It was a mistake, which even he acknowledges. He's made other mistakes with his veteran decisions. Hopefully his FA signings (and non-signings) improve. I don't think he's a total imbecile like his predecessor, and can improve.

They are out there but what difference does it make . They replaced Robbie with a cheaper version who when not injured is better than his predecessor. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

lol. 

278 receptions.

159 1st down receptions. 

3,877 receiving yards.

Long of 92 yards. 

21 career TD receptions. 

vs. 

113 receptions

76 1st down receptions.

1,834 receiving yards. 

Long of 66 yards.

14 career TD receptions. 

It’s almost as disgusting as calling a top 3 QB prospect a bust after one game.

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

lol. 

278 receptions.

159 1st down receptions. 

3,877 receiving yards.

Long of 92 yards. 

21 career TD receptions. 

vs. 

113 receptions

76 1st down receptions.

1,834 receiving yards. 

Long of 66 yards.

14 career TD receptions. 

Well said. And oh so right

• Post of the Week 1

With all the cap space this team had...with how limited receiver options were this offseason...with how few receivers were drafted in a deep receiver class...we should have known the fix was in.

We could have re-signed Robbie, and still signed Perriman to a 1-year deal. Add those two with Crowder and Mims and you can an actual receiver corp.

15 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

They are out there but what difference does it make . They replaced Robbie with a cheaper version who when not injured is better than his predecessor. 

If you say so it must all be true, right? Or you could just be seeing what you want to see, and make up things people say to then argue against these fantasy stances.

Evidence would be nice. Should be easy if it’s as prevalent as you claim. I haven’t seen a single one myself, just like your other arguments against claims no one else made.

What you’re doing is akin to attempting to spike the ball after running 80 yards into the end zone...on an empty field with no other players. 

17 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

lol. 

278 receptions.

159 1st down receptions. 

3,877 receiving yards.

Long of 92 yards. 

21 career TD receptions. 

vs. 

113 receptions

76 1st down receptions.

1,834 receiving yards. 

Long of 66 yards.

14 career TD receptions. 

Is it? Honestly? As Jet fans we have more experience than most fan bases with first round bust. At this point we can’t help it, 

17 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Not true. I was literally begging JD to extend Robby long term throughout FA (and was very passionate about it too). 

March 21st of 2020 (I wrote)

"Robby Anderson. Already one of my All-Time favorite Jet receivers".

As a Franchise we've featured plenty of great WR's over the years, and only Don Maynard has ever averaged more yards per pass reception than Robby Anderson. That speaks volumes already.

Robby Anderson is young, he's still learning his craft, he's still developing @ the WR position after emerging onto the NFL scene almost out of nowhere and now starting to improve upon his route running ability; but he's already one of the greatest vertical deep threats as a speed demon on the outside that our fan base has ever seen. He's a real deal playmaker.

And this is despite having less than ideal playing/receiving circumstances throughout his 4 year playing career while having to play alongside of not one, but two different career losing and well below .500 QB's in Fitzpatrick/McCown.

They combined for a career QB losing record of 78-136 overall (.364%) with 0 playoff starts throughout and after 31 years of NFL experience. With 0 playoff starts?
And that's somehow Robby's fault? That, is laughable.
And over only the past two years Robby Anderson has lined up for a very young Rookie and 2nd year QB in Sam Darnold who became the youngest QB to ever start a week one game.

And he's since then had to run and scramble for his life behind the L.O.S like a chicken with his head cut off for consecutive seasons due to quarterbacking behind a makeshift line and historically speaking horrible offensive line play. And this is once again, Robby Anderson's fault? Laughable. x2.

But yet you'll see certain posters not only wanting to use and point to his "stats" as a way of defining his ability, his overall talent and his future potential moving forward after he's played within awful offensive situations and circumstances since being drafted only 4 years ago while also labeling him as nothing more than a number two receiver @ the same time? It's horsesh*t.

You put and play Robby Anderson alongside and opposite of a Jeudy/Lamb while Sam Darnold has more time in the pocket in order for Robby's routes to truly develop down field and then you can actually talk to me about "statistics" while still sounding knowledgeable.

Because I've seen Robby Anderson absolutely torch entire NFL secondaries, left them in the dust. But Sam Darnold never had a chance as was on the verge of getting sacked and Robby just never got the ball.

Rookie season. Ryan Fitzpatrick.

2nd year. Josh McCown.

3rd year. Sam Darnold. Youngest week one starting QB of All-Time and behind no O-Line.

Last year. Sam Darmold. Mono. Behind no O-Line x2. They gained chemistry with one another together.

He's exciting to watch play the position and he's also very explosive and as Jet fans for both me and my older brother he's a lot of fun for us to watch to the point we've given each other plenty of high 5's on Sunday's because of Robby Anderson himself. You can't take that away from us.

Lesser #2 CB's who get lined up opposite and one on one against Robby Anderson on the outside will get beat often and get beat deep.

Or if any injuries were to happen to an NFL secondary and godforsaken he's lined up against a #3 nickel back, who's now trying and attempting to play on the outside against a natural outside WR in Anderson, Robby is going to smoke him with track star acceleration and then all world speed.

And if Robby Anderson is ever lined up alongside of or on the opposite and other side of a Jeudy or Lamb @ WR? Well then say hello to a beautiful NYJ WR 1-2 punch on the outside.

And if a "#2 WR" can cause concern or worry and force a starting NFL FS into deep zone coverage, just in order to try and protect their #2 CB over the top from getting smoked by Anderson? Well then guess what? Robby Anderson himself immediately then becomes a serious NFL offensive weapon to have within an offense.

A socalled #2 WR on the outside who can help make the lives of a Le'Veon Bell out in the flats, a Chris Herndon/Jamison Crowder tandem either underneath or over the middle and down the seems @ TE/Slot while Sam Darnold looks for open teammates with potentially a young rookie stud WR such as a Jeudy or Lamb a whole lot easier while giving his teammates a lot more open space to make plays - is a great weapon to have.

At times you could even line up Robby to the left as a #1 WR while a rookie in Jeudy/Lamb feast against lesser #2's because Robby is able to and can play both sides.

Robby Anderson as an NFL WR has never had a Quarterback who's had time in the pocket, consistently; in order for his routes to truly develop down field but yet all he's ever done is make plays and contributed ever since preseason of his rookie year regardless of who's been his Quarterback; and ranks only behind Don Maynard in yards per reception.

Everyone's beloved Wayne Chrebet (my personal favorite Jets receiver of All-Time) only had 1 year of 1,000+ yards as a Jet but yet I'm seeing posters criticizing Robby Anderson and literally harping all over the kid just for not yet reaching 1K+ yards despite seasons with multiple QB's and within less than ideal circumstances he's still been able to put up seasons of...

587 receiving yards (R).
752 receiving yards.
779 receiving yards.
941 receiving yards.

Also consisting of years with...

42 receptions (R).
50 receptions.
52 receptions.
63 pass receptions.

Along with seasons of...

2 TD receptions (R).
5 TD receptions.
6 TD receptions.
7 TD receptions.

So what the fk are you Robby Anderson critics even complaining about?
Forget you guys.

Some of you people have admitted to not even watching Jet games but then become the first one's to tell us all just how bad Robby Anderson stinks during Free Agency. Don't let these types of know it all fans pollute your minds. 

As NYJ fans we've literally starved athletic and explosive offensive skilled players for a long time and then complain about and miss the likes of Leon Washington, Cotchery and Coles once they're gone and somewhere else. 

They won't tell you how Robby Anderson has played in 62 out of a possible 64 games. Probably the same one's preseason rookie year calling him stick figure wouldn't last 10 games too skinny etc. 62/64 games later; crickets.

I bet they won't tell you about how @ the age of only 26 he's already top 20 in career Franchise Pass Receptions either (when telling you he has "no hands").

Already has over 200 career pass receptions (catches with his hands) and only 252 receptions away from passing Coles for 4th All-Time in pass receptions by a Jet; only behind Maynard, Toon and Chrebet (and chances are, at this pace) by the age of only 30.

They won't tell you how he's already ranked top 15 in receiving yards with 3,059 receiving yards and only 2,882 receiving yards away from ranking 5th All-Time in receiving yards only behind the likes of Maynard, Walker, Chrebet and Toon (Jet legends).

Just like they wouldn't let you know Robby Anderson ranks 2nd All-Time in average yards per reception average only behind the likes of H.O.F Don Maynard.

They've never once told me that his 20 TD receptions already ranks top 15 All-time amongst Jets and only 21 TD's (41) away from tying Wayne Chrebet for 3rd All-Time behind only Maynard and Walker.

They won't admit that Robby's 92 yard pass reception was the longest Jets catch they've ever witnessed outside of only Walkers 96.

And they most certainly won't let you know that Robby Anderson is climbing up the All-Time WR Jet rankings every year despite only ranking not even top 50 (63rd) in games played with only 62 games of experience under his belt.

And he only has 4 fumbles meaning that 243 current and former Jets have coughed up the football more than Robby Anderson but they won't tell you that while saying he stinks.

How's that for some Robby Anderson "statistics".

I just really hope that Joe Douglas brings Robby Anderson back long term (for Darnold and our offensive attacks) before heading into his first draft, because he's already on the verge and easily on pace to becoming one of my generations top 5 Jet WR's that we've seen dating back to those Keyshawn/Chrebet/Coles days.
At this rate and at this pace and @ the age of only 26 Robby Anderson will rank top 2-4 amongst all former Jet WR's within every statistical category such as pass receptions, yards per catch average, receiving yards, TD receptions and longest receptions by the time he's even 30 years of age.
And now fans are harping all over Anderson's "catch rate" in the FA thread? Despite having a better Jets "catch rate" then the likes of Ward, Holmes, Braylon, Plaxico and everyone's favorite Quincy Enunwa?

And literally RIGHT BEHIND the likes of Keyshawn, Coles, Santana Moss and Chrebet?!? I guess those guys stunk too all because of "catch rate".

Laughable.
  • Upvote 1

And what did I have to say after losing Robby to Free Agency? 

"Ohhhhhh. So NOW Jet fans want to come into this thread while displeased about losing Robby? Funny.

If Robby Anderson put up almost 1K (940+) receiving yards with a career loser in Josh McCown as a 2nd year kid I can not imagine what he'll be able to put up lined up for a really good Teddy Bridgewater.

Poor Sam Darnold lol."

"You may be laughing. But Sam Darnold isn't and neither was Sanchez after losing Cotchery and Braylon heading into 2011 the only joke is now the Jets offense has a slot receiver and nothing else and an offense without a deep threat on the outside"

"I missed Keyshawn. Buccaneers.
I missed Coles. Redskins.
I missed Moss. Redskins.
I missed Chrebet (head concussions).
I missed Cotchery. Pittsburgh.
I've missed Quincy Enunwa. Made in Plastic.

And I'm already missing Robby Anderson. Carolina"

"Don't hope for me. Hope for Sam Darnold and this offense. Who has a slot receiver Crowder and not a single deep threat WR anymore.

2011. Sanchez lost Edwards and Cotchery. Replaced by aging Plaxico and Mason. Offense went to complete crap after two back to back postseason runs. Did you hope for Sanchez back then too?"

35 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And what did I have to say after losing Robby to Free Agency? 

"Ohhhhhh. So NOW Jet fans want to come into this thread while displeased about losing Robby? Funny.

If Robby Anderson put up almost 1K (940+) receiving yards with a career loser in Josh McCown as a 2nd year kid I can not imagine what he'll be able to put up lined up for a really good Teddy Bridgewater.

Poor Sam Darnold lol."

"You may be laughing. But Sam Darnold isn't and neither was Sanchez after losing Cotchery and Braylon heading into 2011 the only joke is now the Jets offense has a slot receiver and nothing else and an offense without a deep threat on the outside"

"I missed Keyshawn. Buccaneers.
I missed Coles. Redskins.
I missed Moss. Redskins.
I missed Chrebet (head concussions).
I missed Cotchery. Pittsburgh.
I've missed Quincy Enunwa. Made in Plastic.

And I'm already missing Robby Anderson. Carolina"

"Don't hope for me. Hope for Sam Darnold and this offense. Who has a slot receiver Crowder and not a single deep threat WR anymore.

2011. Sanchez lost Edwards and Cotchery. Replaced by aging Plaxico and Mason. Offense went to complete crap after two back to back postseason runs. Did you hope for Sanchez back then too?"

There is no "I" in "Poster"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

There is no "I" in "Poster"

But there is a "me" in "Team";

And ME hates this current "TEAM". 

And there is an "I" in "i told you so". 

Any Jet fan who talks up a former 1st round bust in Perriman in order to slight an undrafted NFL gem in Robby Anderson should simply retire their keyboard. 

18 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

lol. 

278 receptions.

159 1st down receptions. 

3,877 receiving yards.

Long of 92 yards. 

21 career TD receptions. 

vs. 

113 receptions

76 1st down receptions.

1,834 receiving yards. 

Long of 66 yards.

14 career TD receptions. 

Best part is last year "Robby is just a go-route one trick pony." This year, his catches are up big time but TDs are down -- "Robby can't win deep."

Can't make this stuff up. Used to thing a scorned woman was the most bitter being in the universe. Then I got woke and realize it's actually scorned Jets fans.

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

But there is a "me" in "Team";

And ME hates this current "TEAM". 

And there is an "I" in "i told you so". 

Any Jet fan who talks up a former 1st round bust in Perriman in order to slight an undrafted NFL gem in Robby Anderson should simply retire their keyboard. 

And just a note. once the rookie contracts have expired, it is absolutely ZERO about where you were drafted. It is ALL about your productivity and future worth.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Best part is last year "Robby is just a go-route one trick pony." This year, his catches are up big time but TDs are down -- "Robby can't win deep."

Can't make this stuff up. Used to thing a scorned woman was the most bitter being in the universe. Then I got woke and realize it's actually scorned Jets fans.

Yes nothing is worse than hypocritical hypocrites. 

Last year many of Jet fans attacked him for not being a route runner as a one trick pony deep threat. 

Those same Jet fans now attack him for no longer being a one trick pony deep threat and criticize him for becoming an awesome route runner with underneath receptions. 

Hypocrites. 

It's insane (only a matter of time before they begin to nit-pick and harp all over Denzel Mims too). 

I freaking MISS this kid...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

And just a note. once the rookie contracts have expired, it is absolutely ZERO about where you were drafted. It is ALL about your productivity and future worth.

Ok. Well then Robby should have been signed long term and Perriman should've never became a Jet to begin with; JD fkd up big time (and he's admitted to it too). You do not let home grown talents like Robby hit the FA market; you just don't. 

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ok. Well then Robby should have been signed long term and Perriman should've never became a Jet to begin with; JD fkd up big time (and he's admitted to it too). You do not let home grown talents like Robby hit the FA market; you just don't. 

They offered him a contract. He decided to go elsewhere. By accounts, the first 2 years (average) of the contracts were exactly the same. The difference was the Jets offered 4 years. Not sure what the guarantees were in either contract.

Robbie decided to bet on himself. Good for him. History will decide whether that was a smart decision. 

You know what is telling? Any NFL team could have had Robbie for a second round draft choice 2 years ago. No team bit on offering him a contract. That should let you know somewhat about how the NFL as a whole feels about Robbie. He wasn't exactly a hot commodity in FA last year either.

It is up to JD to make this team and each unit better. In the end, THAT is how he will be judged. I don't believe he is totally sweating the Robbie defection at this point. There are plenty of others ways to pivot at the WR spot. It appears that Mims may be a good start.