Becton and Mann - AFC ProBowl leaders

IndianaJet

14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I too am completely missing something on Mann.  Maybe the analysis is more nuanced than what I've seen but he ranks in the bottom 5 of the NFL in many punting categories including net yards, punts inside the 20, etc.  This is from a couple weeks ago.

Mann.thumb.png.8dbbb8dddbfbf200b958f3f37e2c526d.png

Well, net yards would also be a result of coverage, which he does not have control over. Punts inside the 20? That would mean that the Jets offense actually moved the ball to position that opportunity.

All that said, Mann has been mediocre. He seems to be better the last few weeks positioing the punts on either sideline.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

You guys are totally forgetting about Mann's tackling. He's probably the best tackling punter out there (a job requirement with the Jets)!

He's raised the position to a new level.  Sort of a P/LB hybrid.

:-)

Mann is a better tackler than Darron Lee and Ashtyn Davis

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Becton not only is good he looks physically very imposing and I think the writers see that.  He’s the biggest player in the NFL until Penei Sewellnext year

False.  Trent Brown goes 6’8 380 . I know I don’t understand this common core math but I believe 380 is greater than 360.

As silly as it may sound given how bad the Jets have been this season, I think it's possible the Jets could have THREE rookies being given serious pro bowl consideration? We'll see but in the last game Becton and Mann were solid as usual, but DENZEL MIMS was the best player on the field. If Mims can remain healthy it's easy to see he's an excellent WR.