Sam never learned what to do pre-snap

jetscrazey

Just now, jetscrazey said:

Have you ever seen Sam give a hard dummy count to see where the blitz is coming from so he could audible away from it?  Just feels like he goes through the motions presnap.  By year 3 he should have been further along than this and I can’t just put it on the Jets.  

He is exactly what you see: a bad QB

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 2

27 minutes ago, jgb said:

What’s Darnold’s upside with a “good” coach?

So, I'm not a Sam fan.

I wanted Baker at the time.  Of course, my #2 was Rosen, and I didn't think Josh Allen would be NFL accurate, so wtf do i know.

That being said, I wanted sam to succeed, and I do think he could be good, but not on the Jets.

35 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Have you ever seen Sam give a hard dummy count to see where the blitz is coming from so he could audible away from it?  Just feels like he goes through the motions presnap.  By year 3 he should have been further along than this and I can’t just put it on the Jets.  

I blame the coach. Trade Sam let him sit a few years in Pitt. Then see what he can do. Let him go let him gooooo *sing voice 

26 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

he just ain't good

he just hasn't progressed

he just hasn't figured it out

he just hasn't gotten better.

it's not there.

maybe it will be there somewhere else but, not here.

sorry.

He’s talented. The coach is a beyond joke. Literally the worst coach they could have picked. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

?

This is what happens when your HC tells you listen I’m a genius don’t question the call just run it.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Sam was never taught as a child on how to read defenses. 

And that's because up until HS (and even during HS) he was learning how to tackle as an LB...

San played some LB in HS people (and recorded tackles too). 

It's sad to say, but Trevor Lawrence, at the age of only 5 years old (a generational child phenom) knew how to read a defense better than a 20 something year old Sam Darnold who just wet the bed againt (as Jet fans say) the worst PASS Defense in NFL history...

A handful of Jet fans have mocked me while I've posted HS statistics and HS highlights of Trevor Lawrence; as a way of showing just why he was truly rated as the Country's #1 ranked HS prospect within the entire National before heading into Clemson (but I guess that wasn't allowed around here for those claiming Trevor "was Sam Darnold of 4 years ago"). 

I wonder how hard they'll laugh @ me now; after talking 5 y.o mini little league Pop Warnner football ??‍♂️?

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sam was never taught as a child on how to read defenses. 

And that's because up until HS (and even during HS) he was learning how to tackle as an LB...

San played some LB in HS people (and recorded tackles too). 

It's sad to say, but Trevor Lawrence, at the age of only 5 years old (a generational child phenom) knew how to read a defense better than a 20 something year old Sam Darnold who just wet the bed againt (as Jet fans say) the worst PASS Defense in NFL history...

A handful of Jet fans have mocked me while I've posted HS statistics and HS highlights of Trevor Lawrence; as a way of showing just why he was truly rated as the Country's #1 ranked HS prospect within the entire National before heading into Clemson (but I guess that wasn't allowed around here for those claiming Trevor "was Sam Darnold of 4 years ago"). 

I wonder how hard they'll laugh @ me now; after talking 5 y.o mini little league Pop Warnner football ??‍♂️?

What, no stats?

• Haha 2