So long, Sergio - Jets claim K and DT

mrcoops

22 minutes ago, pointman said:

frustrated carmelo anthony GIF by NBA

Just sayin. 

Dude is leading the league in points (I think he dropped to 3rd this week), nailing everything he hits, about to get a pro bowl nod. 

Meanwhile, Mann is just punting, not effectively, and made a couple tackles. 

24 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Just sayin. 

Dude is leading the league in points (I think he dropped to 3rd this week), nailing everything he hits, about to get a pro bowl nod. 

Meanwhile, Mann is just punting, not effectively, and made a couple tackles. 

No no, I hear you. I was just "thinking" a more flashy position player. Disappointed it was a kicker. 

6 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Firing GW was a great move though. Did you see that defense last week?   It was like the Suffolk High School Jets. 

Reminds me of Bowles canning John Morton but allowing Kacy Rodgers to hang around for years despite having the 30th ranked defense the year before.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Reminds me of Bowles canning John Morton but allowing Kacy Rodgers to hang around for years despite having the 30th ranked defense the year before.

Also reminds me of Rex Ryan firing Greg Roman in Buffalo early in 2016, coming off a game where the offense put up 31 points in a loss to the Jets (but lost thanks to Rex's defense), and a 2015 season in which Roman had Tyrod Taylor playing at a QB # 8 (per DVOA) level in 2015.  

How people want Rex Ryan back is a complete mind-f**k to me.  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills every time I see someone wax poetic about that fat f**k.  2010 was a loooooong time ago, folks.  

Granted, I don't put Gregg Willliams as a DC on the level of Greg Roman as an OC, but I do think GW is at least a middle of the pack DC even at this late stage in his career.  Certainly he was the best coach on the staff (though I would have liked to see Jim Bob Cooter calling plays on offense).

• Upvote 1

This thread made me look at kickers and I didn't realize how well Younghoe Koo has done this year for ATL. Has the most FG's in the league (33) with only 1 miss all year.

Obviously he is known for his name and the fact he converted a few onsides kicks for the Falcons but he's a local NJ kid who had high expectations after signing with the Chargers in 2017. He was cut after missing a couple game winning kicks for the team. Then played for the AAF for the few weeks that league survived then was on Practice Squad spots with CHI and NE. Happy to see him turn his career around. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also reminds me of Rex Ryan firing Greg Roman in Buffalo early in 2016, coming off a game where the offense put up 31 points in a loss to the Jets (but lost thanks to Rex's defense), and a 2015 season in which Roman had Tyrod Taylor playing at a QB # 8 (per DVOA) level in 2015.  

How people want Rex Ryan back is a complete mind-f**k to me.  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills every time I see someone wax poetic about that fat f**k.  2010 was a loooooong time ago, folks.  

Granted, I don't put Gregg Willliams as a DC on the level of Greg Roman as an OC, but I do think GW is at least a middle of the pack DC even at this late stage in his career.  Certainly he was the best coach on the staff (though I would have liked to see Jim Bob Cooter calling plays on offense).

Rex, Bowles, and Gase are all skilled bus-tossers. I happen to believe having the GM and HC as equals on the org chart creates a natural environment for political intrigue.

• Upvote 1