Thank god for Joe Douglas!

Jetster

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

The one thing that separates Chris from his brother is that he was willing to actually spend on staff. But (a) it wasn't his money; and (b) Woody's back in the saddle just in time for the HC search...

Can please post the ownership and percentages of the Jets please?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

Can please post the ownership and percentages of the Jets please?

No one knows.

Majority owner: Woody Johnson, 67

Minority owners: The Jets declined to furnish a list of minority owners. It’s believed that members of Johnson’s immediate family own a small stake.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/163489/new-york-jets-ownership-at-a-glance

1 minute ago, jgb said:

No one knows.

Minority owners: The Jets declined to furnish a list of minority owners. It’s believed that members of Johnson’s immediate family own a small stake.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/163489/new-york-jets-ownership-at-a-glance

Woody owns 34%, his mom owns 33%, Chris owns 33%

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I like Joe's method but his players have to develop.  I am not sold on his draft picks yet.  The next coach is going to have to have assistants who can squeeze every drop of talent from this roster.  Even if it line squeezing water from a rock!

Agreed! I think as soon as a coach is hired, that coach will put out the word on what's expected from the players starting with coming into next years camp in tip top shape (are you listening Mekhi?). 

This group never believed in Gase, how could they when he's obviously using a season to get his friend Gore 16,000 yards. Ridiculous! And you saw the underlying result of that with Johnson & Adams tweeting about his firing, not in a complimenting way. This is going to be a young team with some veterans sprinkled about. Gase was a dead man walking & it trickled through the organization down through the team & got worse as the season progressed. It was a double whammy with Darnold crumbling before our eyes. There were backups in this league matching & outplaying Darnold, you don't think NFL players know what's going on the league? 

We had no leadership at Head Coach & the starting QB. Those 2 things are the 1st order of business here now. We have the assets to make it happen. Start of a new decade & New York Jets football starts with the announcement of our coach which will coincide with our GMs vision of the QB they choose. Can they get it right? 

• Upvote 1

the joe d fan boys are in full force

what has the team accomplished under his watch besides being "new and not mac"

He made the roster worse under his watch-this is a fact

His team lost more games under his watch-this is a fact

he signed terrible free agents-over 10 bad ones which I named before while allowing talent to leave town

his draft production has been lousy so far-he drafted one good player in Becton and a first round pick can be made by a five year old

Mims had the same production with less tds then stephen hill had -you can make all of the excuses you want for him-his numbers sucked and that is the reality-may he turn into a good player yes but hope does not make the pick "a win"

Joe D has lots of draft capital and money to spend-this  should be a make or break year for him-if he cant get a top quality wr in FA and nail the draft he is no different than Mac or Izadick who  also had plenty of fan boys as did Gase

I get it I have gone to  over 300+ games probably more than most here and spend more money then most and love to have hope but I also can acknowledge reality-the reality is the jets were the second worst team in  football and Joe D is the captain of that ship-until he turns it around he is just another loser gm in the long line of losers.

The hiring of Parcells was a smart hire-he took a trash team right away year one and made them very competitive , year two to the AFC championship-

Year two folks will be cheering for Joe if we get to 5 wins talking about progress when  in reality the team achieved more last year

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Agreed! I think as soon as a coach is hired, that coach will put out the word on what's expected from the players starting with coming into next years camp in tip top shape (are you listening Mekhi?). 

This group never believed in Gase, how could they when he's obviously using a season to get his friend Gore 16,000 yards. Ridiculous! And you saw the underlying result of that with Johnson & Adams tweeting about his firing, not in a complimenting way. This is going to be a young team with some veterans sprinkled about. Gase was a dead man walking & it trickled through the organization down through the team & got worse as the season progressed. It was a double whammy with Darnold crumbling before our eyes. There were backups in this league matching & outplaying Darnold, you don't think NFL players know what's going on the league? 

We had no leadership at Head Coach & the starting QB. Those 2 things are the 1st order of business here now. We have the assets to make it happen. Start of a new decade & New York Jets football starts with the announcement of our coach which will coincide with our GMs vision of the QB they choose. Can they get it right? 

Mekhi needs to drop get lighter and lire agile.  I hope the new staff drills that into him.  Doesn't help us if he's hurt.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

The one thing that separates Chris from his brother is that he was willing to actually spend on staff. But (a) it wasn't his money; and (b) Woody's back in the saddle just in time for the HC search...

Woodys not back till the 21st. We may of selected our coach by then 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I’m not sure why people are so sold on Joe Douglas already?

The Head Coach was terrible. The QB was terrible. 

Joe Douglas has convinced the Johnsons of this obvious fact. They fired the coach who convinced them to bring Douglas in. Darnold is next. 

Those 2 things were the start. So far, so good. 

• Upvote 2

Also looking at JD first draft class. Not impressed. I get the whole fan club of him because he’s not mac and is bald and looks tough or whatever but I need results.

I will of course give him another year. But so far I have gotten 7-9 and 2-14. Next year needs to be a winning season

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I think he knows this.

Not sure that's the case.  Well, at least around here anyway.  A lot of people have coronated the guy - like he's already done something. 

We know so little about what his capabilities are right now or how he envisions building a team.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bronx said:

The Knicks are .500 and on the rise, we are right there along their lines. Coaching, talent and culture will be part of our organization moving forward.

The key difference is that Dolan got the hell out of the way six years ago. He finally let basketball people run the show. The Johnsons have no such plans.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Just stop.

Adam Gase didn't fire Maccagnan.

Adam Gase didn't hire Douglas.

Please, stop looking for the non-existant silver lining of the turd in your toilet this morning.

Adam Gase did nothing of value for this organization.  Nothing.

I imagine there's a few Jersey drug dealers that are sad he's gone.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Just stop.

Adam Gase didn't fire Maccagnan.

Adam Gase didn't hire Douglas.

Please, stop looking for the non-existant silver lining of the turd in your toilet this morning.

Adam Gase did nothing of value for this organization.  Nothing.

The only way I remember Adam Gase as anything but 2 years of passing a bladder stone is if Fields becomes a HOF QB and delivers a championship.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

No one knows.

And there are reports that Woody, Chris and their mom own the team.  Basically equally. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And there are reports that Woody, Chris and their mom own the team.  Basically equally. 

OK if that's true -- not disputing, I don't know -- then maybe it is Chris' money but the premise holds that he has done what Woody has not -- didn't make $$$ an issue to get a guy he wanted. 

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

It does not matter what fans think. It will be how the FO thinks of him (Yes, and plenty of worry there).

I am not going to chastise fans of this franchise for projecting HOPE. Good Lord, we need it. 

Bottom line, this is a HUGE off season for JD.

I choose hope. JD is here for awhile. Johnsons aren't going to pay more than a year or 2 of that salary for JD to sit on the couch. The alternative is too bleak to cope with at the moment.

Plus, we have our Super Bowl (the draft) coming up. Jets fandom is a series of peaks and valleys. The peaks are the draft, the valleys are the actual games.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the joe d fan boys are in full force

what has the team accomplished under his watch besides being "new and not mac"

He made the roster worse under his watch-this is a fact

His team lost more games under his watch-this is a fact

he signed terrible free agents-over 10 bad ones which I named before while allowing talent to leave town

his draft production has been lousy so far-he drafted one good player in Becton and a first round pick can be made by a five year old

Mims had the same production with less tds then stephen hill had -you can make all of the excuses you want for him-his numbers sucked and that is the reality-may he turn into a good player yes but hope does not make the pick "a win"

Joe D has lots of draft capital and money to spend-this  should be a make or break year for him-if he cant get a top quality wr in FA and nail the draft he is no different than Mac or Izadick who  also had plenty of fan boys as did Gase

I get it I have gone to  over 300+ games probably more than most here and spend more money then most and love to have hope but I also can acknowledge reality-the reality is the jets were the second worst team in  football and Joe D is the captain of that ship-until he turns it around he is just another loser gm in the long line of losers.

The hiring of Parcells was a smart hire-he took a trash team right away year one and made them very competitive , year two to the AFC championship-

Year two folks will be cheering for Joe if we get to 5 wins talking about progress when  in reality the team achieved more last year

Joe Douglas has made one bad signing (Griffin), every single signing Douglas made was from a free agent bucket of crap ? with 1 year signings to field a team so lacking of talented players that there was truly only 1 guy that was not tradable in Quinnen Williams. Think about that. Not 1 other player means a damn to the future of this team before the 2020 draft. 

Talk about starting from the bottom. Now after this season he's saddled with having to find a new Head Coach & a new QB because both are ranked below 32 teams in this league. He's a GM not a 1 year miracle worker. He started with a terrible roster/ worse than the Jets in 1996. Next year, we'll be the 2018 Bills. Working in a rookie QB, maybe behind a veteran? I don't know what his plan is, but he's gonna need at least 2 more years just to make us competitive because of the starting point this team was left in. Gase was just fodder to get through 2020 to the draft he set himself up for last year with the Adams trade. I'm sure the main focus was Darnold & his development & he got his answer there & it's time to move on. That disappointment alone has set back the team another year or two. He was very shrewd demanding at least a 6 year contract. It's about time this team thought long term and move on from the stops & starts herky jerky BS we've been following since Mangini. It's a new decade with 1 guy in charge & the first football guy with the team first attitude & not a scratch ticket mentality. It's gonna take some time, but at least the trajectory will hopefully be on an upward swing, starting with the new Head Coach. Should tell us a lot about the type of QB they target. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

No one knows.

Most family businesses are owned by more than one member of the family.  It is a safe bet Chris does, indeed, own shares in the Jets.  In fact, I would venture to say he has a significant stake or he would not be the one in charge.