Does Justin Fields need to throw 7 TDs?

Jetster

25 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

The Jets are finally in a no lose situation...

They're going to get a very good QB prospect in either Lawrence or Fields...

Unless they do something stupid to make it a lose situation...

They should take Wilson.  It would be for once making the smart move instead of what the world tells them they should do.

Take the player that has the best chance to be a stud at the NFL level and that's Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 2

I see many on the board are turning on Fields because he looks younger, the 2 shoulder surgeries (which are irrelevant) and his dad liking posts about his son indiscriminately.

I will say this. I think Wilson will be the best QB from this class.

And the shoulders are irrelevant because they are not contact injuries, were not disclocations, he is 2 years almost removed from the one on his throwing arm (and he has a better arm than either Fields or Lawrence) and it is a YES/NO gate. Either the doctors say he is A1 no expected long term issues, or they say big injury risk at which point you take him down from the #2 stack.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Fields likely has broken ribs that doesn't heal in a week. Maybe they postpone the game because of Ohio State's outbreak a week but the Fields we saw last week was diagnosed with an acute toradol deficiency and thrown back to the wolves

they didn't even Xray him at halftime, it's like they didn't want to know

for those who are Pro fields you're watching this dude's career get shorter every time the Ohio State doctors look away 

the Jets need a Joe Willy but this dude could need a whole year off after what's happening right now, i.e. redshirt rookie year 

it was a heroic effort, but I'd be surprised to see another Hero performance, not without another week to rest those bones (and even then) 

What in the hell is "acute Toradol deficiency"  Are you just making crap up?

That is not a real thing. Getting a Todadol shot for pain can sometime lead to renal problems but that is not likely.

Ribs heal, he has like several months to heal before the season, and QBs have actually played with broken ribs. Brees didn't because he broke like 11 of them.

41 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

The Jets are finally in a no lose situation...

They're going to get a very good QB prospect in either Lawrence or Fields...

Unless they do something stupid to make it a lose situation...

I here you...but Jax will pick TL...too much at risk not to.

Fields will be a Jet as long as he has a good game at Bama...

21 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I see many on the board are turning on Fields because he looks younger, the 2 shoulder surgeries (which are irrelevant) and his dad liking posts about his son indiscriminately.

And the shoulders are irrelevant because they are not contact injuries, were not disclocations, he is 2 years almost removed from the one on his throwing arm (and he has a better arm than either Fields or Lawrence) and it is a YES/NO gate. Either the doctors say he is A1 no expected long term issues, or they say big injury risk at which point you take him down from the #2 stack.

beck bennett snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I see many on the board are turning on Fields because he looks younger, the 2 shoulder surgeries (which are irrelevant) and his dad liking posts about his son indiscriminately.

I will say this , I think he won't .

40 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Herbert is a physical specimen like Josh Allen. I don't see Zach Wilson like that. ?

No one said Allen was any good, no one said herbert was that good both were like the third rated QBs both with issues.

Wilson is not big but he has a good arm and has looked very good.

I think he is the third best guy but I see nothing wrong with people going out on a limb and liking him

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No one said Allen was any good, no one said herbert was that good both were like the third rated QBs both with issues.

Wilson is not big but he has a good arm and has looked very good.

I think he is the third best guy but I see nothing wrong with people going out on a limb and liking him

Josh Allen 6' 5" and 237 lbs. Cannon for an arm, is a threat to run, and not easy to take down. 

Justin Herbert 6' 6" and 236 lbs. Cannon for an arm, not really a runner, but if he does watch out defenders he may hurt you. Ask Damien Wilson of the Chiefs who look like he bounced of a brick wall when trying to tackle him.

Zach Wilson 6' 3" and 209 lbs. 

All About NFL's Zach Wilson Stats, Parents, Jersey, And Height

Multiple surgeries on his throwing shoulder while at BYU. 

Does he look like a guy to you built to last in the NFL? Hey man, I wish Zach the best, but I just don't see it. I think it's a bit lunatic to suggest he's the best QB in this draft. Maybe if he beefs up he could be another Kirk Chokesins. Time will tell.

38 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Josh Allen 6' 5" and 237 lbs. Cannon for an arm, is a threat to run, and not easy to take down. 

Justin Herbert 6' 6" and 236 lbs. Cannon for an arm, not really a runner, but if he does watch out defenders he may hurt you. Ask Damien Wilson of the Chiefs who look like he bounced of a brick wall when trying to tackle him.

Does he look like a guy to you built to last in the NFL? Hey man, I wish Zach the best, but I just don't see it. I think it's a bit lunatic to suggest he's the best QB in this draft. Maybe if he beefs up he could be another Kirk Chokesins. Time will tell.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBg_MowPjzl79yrmszZ0v

I wonder who this beast of a specimen was ?

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Both those 1st two guys had serious questions about accuracy and level of comp.

Looks?  Who gives a sh*t if he looks like a little kid.

If you want a QB type with  this guy it might be a drew brees type;

In any case he will be the 3rd Qb picked mos likely.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Joey Harrington and Marcus Mariota were mega a busts, someone didnt tell those stupid Chargers and they are ****ED now with another Oregon QB.

They played for different coaches in different systems.  

I’m sorry guys.  Lawrence was the only qb in this draft