Does Justin Fields need to throw 7 TDs?

Jetster

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

All I hear from college fan boys is, LOOK AT THE COMPETITION THEY PLAY! 
And then you get to a game like last Friday & Fields lights up a Clemson team with Jesus at QB & all you get now is excuses like, WELL ITS JUST ONE GAME! REMEMBER THE ALAMO,  I MEAN INDIANA &NORTHWESTERN! 
AND CLEMSONS DEFENSE SUCKS! 

Can’t wait to read this board after the CFC. 
On a side note...Josh Myers? Yes please!

How awesome to have your Center from College? Slide McGovern over, pick Slater with Seattle’s pick. Oline fini! 

Stop yelling.

I dislike Fields simply because I don't like what I see on the field - Too erratic with his velocity, so many balls float on him. Questionable decision making, especially as it pertains to his running. Internal clock is all over the place, as are his reactions in the pocket. Extremely similar to Sam in that regard. It's his detractors who act like one game erases all his legitimate red flags, a game where he had all day to throw to wide open WR's. He executed well but it was made easy for him.

I think he's going to be trash, especially here. I could be wrong. I have been before. It's a guessing game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

I just don’t understand why any Jet fan wouldn’t want this kid? 
To me, he reminds me of a faster smarter more accurate McNabb. 
Plus he definitely meshes with the coaching style of like 5 guys that should be in the running as our next head coach. 
He has traits, I’m not saying he’ll be as good, but he has traits of the QBs most successful in the league right now. 

i think he could be good on a team thats already built, like the ravens were. we are prob 2 years away from competing IF we hit on a QB. If you put this kid out there, he makes a few bad reads, makes a few bad throws...things are going to unravel quickly. I think drafting another QB with this roster is chasing fools gold...draft a julio jones level receiver, roll with Darnold...you kill 2 birds with 1 stone...see if Darnold can give you something with a team around him, and if he sucks...guess what...you are picking top 5 next year anyway.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i think he could be good on a team thats already built, like the ravens were. we are prob 2 years away from competing IF we hit on a QB. If you put this kid out there, he makes a few bad reads, makes a few bad throws...things are going to unravel quickly. I think drafting another QB with this roster is chasing fools gold...draft a julio jones level receiver, roll with Darnold...you kill 2 birds with 1 stone...see if Darnold can give you something with a team around him, and if he sucks...guess what...you are picking top 5 next year anyway.

That’s complete BS! 
We have the money & draft picks to surround him with young talent and some solid vets. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

The Jets have a ton of cap space and a cache of draft picks , 6 in the 1st 3 rounds . Even if Sam plays poorly they are not likely to draft in the top 5 next year. Then you are leveraging future draft capital to fix a problem you had a prime opportunity to fix now 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Stop yelling.

I dislike Fields simply because I don't like what I see on the field - Too erratic with his velocity, so many balls float on him. Questionable decision making, especially as it pertains to his running. Internal clock is all over the place, as are his reactions in the pocket. Extremely similar to Sam in that regard. It's his detractors who act like one game erases all his legitimate red flags, a game where he had all day to throw to wide open WR's. He executed well but it was made easy for him.

I think he's going to be trash, especially here. I could be wrong. I have been before. It's a guessing game.

He's like 10 times more accurate than Sam

35 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You can only play who’s in front of you, the 2 best teams in college #2 down & now #1 to go. 

So, by that rational, Vince Young was a good pick?  Can only play whats in front of you..  

This is not how you judge a QB prospect for the NFL.  

The question is how will Fields play when he is not surrounded by the best talent in the game. What skills has he shown that would translate to the NFL and inferior talent on his side of the ball and superior talent on the defense he is playing.  

Can he execute while under constant duress/pressure?

Can he fit the ball into tight windows with blanket man coverage?

Can he put the offense on his back when his run game is not there for the day?

Can he lead a comeback?

Show me examples of these skills in Justin Fields' career and we can really evaluate him.  

• Upvote 1

Fields likely has broken ribs that doesn't heal in a week. Maybe they postpone the game because of Ohio State's outbreak a week but the Fields we saw last week was diagnosed with an acute toradol deficiency and thrown back to the wolves

they didn't even Xray him at halftime, it's like they didn't want to know

for those who are Pro fields you're watching this dude's career get shorter every time the Ohio State doctors look away 

the Jets need a Joe Willy but this dude could need a whole year off after what's happening right now, i.e. redshirt rookie year 

it was a heroic effort, but I'd be surprised to see another Hero performance, not without another week to rest those bones (and even then) 

I think the smart evaluators on here, which lets be realistic are not perfect in any way, are realistic about Fields and dont get caught up in the numbers or singular games. 

I think Fields is a very very good prospect, however, when I evaluate the player there are a lot of questions I come away with that give me pause with drafting him at 2 overall to a franchise that has had a hard time developing good qb talent. 

I wont get into a full evaluation of Fields, I've said my piece about him to some members here I talk to about such things, but in the short version i just think Fields to me requires more to be successful than others in this draft.  I could be dead wrong, but as of right now having seen what I have that is the feeling I get. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsFan1986 said:

I’m not ready to declare Josh Allen A great player yet.  You have to keto in mind he plays on a great team that shields his weaknesses and a terrific coaching staff 

Dude, he's a great player. He literally eye-fcked the Dolphins defense on Sunday.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Reprisalizer said:

So, by that rational, Vince Young was a good pick?  Can only play whats in front of you..  

The question is how will Fields play when he is not surrounded by the best talent in the game. What skills has he shown that would translate to the NFL and inferior talent on his side of the ball and superior talent on the defense he is playing.  

Can he lead a comeback?

Show me examples of these skills in Justin Fields' career and we can really evaluate him.  

Vince Young was not a COMMITTED GUY. He was a lazy azz.

39 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Couldn't you say the same about Trevor Lawrence? 

Right? When I started watching more college ball in seeing Lawrence throw these dump offs and flares to Etienne & James and these dudes are taking it 30/40 yards and I’m thinking sh*t, that don’t happen in the NFL unless your playing the Jets ?
I still can’t get over how bad our LBs were Sunday, OMG! 
Harvey Langi was like Butkus compared to what we trotted out there last Sunday! 

7 TDs vs. Bama makes him the #1 overall pick; because it's a what have you done for me lately type of sport. 

Trevor Lawrence would then become a Jet. 

And I'd become the happiest Jets fan alive (although I'm excited about drafting Fields as well he looked absolutely awesome vs. Clemson). 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Reprisalizer said:

Can he lead a comeback?

Do you feel the same way about Lawrence , and if not - why ?

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Couldn't you say the same about Trevor Lawrence? 

no, because when i watch Lawrence throw he actually looks like he is trying to find the open guy as opposed to trying to force it into the guy he decided was going to get it. The thing that scares me with Lawrence is his pocket presence...he did not look good vs Ohio State....3 fumbles, a bunch of fadeaway throws, and was clearly off rhythm without a clean pocket.

5 hours ago, kdels62 said:

So you admittedly don’t have much analysis and you know you have limitations in your understanding of things but you have a strong opinion anyways? 

You act like this is rare .... It's 80%+ of our beloved board members ?.

I'm not tied to any of the prospects, I'd like one of Trevor, Justin, or the trade down. I think one of the QBs at #2 is the right move but I'm not gonna get bent out of shape either way.

I'd very much like to stay away from Wilson.

3 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

If JD passes up on Fields and he has a great rookie season while we are stuck with Ginger Gorilla, its going to be JD job on the line and I don't think he'll risk his job at someone Else Draft pick

Ginger Gorilla...lol

Jet fan's are the best at QB evaluations...

5 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

no, because when i watch Lawrence throw he actually looks like he is trying to find the open guy as opposed to trying to force it into the guy he decided was going to get it. The thing that scares me with Lawrence is his pocket presence...he did not look good vs Ohio State....3 fumbles, a bunch of fadeaway throws, and was clearly off rhythm without a clean pocket.

He throws a lot of those fadeways its very concerning for his NFL future