Sounds like it’s Saleh

20 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I'm not plugged into NFL twitter like some of you are, who is andrew waltz?

Contributor for The Players Tribune, an NFL insider, according to his Twitter.  He's not known for outlandish statements on Twitter.  This isn't an IncarceratedBob.  His final sentence below tells me he has high confidence, but who knows.  You don't say that unless you're sure.  He also was one of the first to share when Dowell Loggains was being let go.  That tells me his sources could be plugged into someone in the power structure who has hiring/firing abilities.  We'll find out. This is a bold call.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Hopefully he takes Mike McDaniel with him. Apparently that's who he listed as his OC last year for interviews, but he's close with the Lafleurs so might take Lafleur with him instead.

There have been rumors of mike kafka from KC being the OC -- Never mind. Apparently that was a mistake and the person meant LaFleur. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Assuming this is true....

Like all of us, I have no idea how well this will turn out but I'll say one thing.  If you wanted the Jets to have an identity, they're about to have an identity.

"All gas, no brakes" - Robert Saleh

Anybody who wanted Rex Ryan back without the craziness, you may have got your man!

He gets me hype already, love to see raw emotion on the sideline lets goooo, GRITTY NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Saleh, a lot. Have for the past few seasons. More importantly, I LOVE the idea of installing the Shanny WCO. As some may remember, I made the comparison between Jake Plummer and Sam. Jake’s best WB play came in Denver with Shanny.

I view another year of Sam in the right offense for him and his best year of football as the floor - if this happens.

I still endorse adding another QB too.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I like Saleh, a lot. Have for the past few seasons. More importantly, I LOVE the idea of installing the Shanny WCO. As some may remember, I made the comparison between Jake Plummer and Sam. Jake’s best WB play came in Denver with Shanny.

I view another year of Sam in the right offense for him and his best year of football as the floor - if this happens.

I still endorse adding another QB too.

Back when he was available I remember you were a big Kyle Shanahan guy and he's built a strong program out there. Because Douglas apparently still likes Sam, going with a HC, even subconsciously, that'll bring an offensive scheme that would be to his benefit would seem to make sense as well.

• Upvote 2