Saleh Having a Press Conference Tomorrow AT 12:15

13 hours ago, JTJet said:

The number 1 priority of this press conference is to be completely vague and intentionally lead everyone to believe our options are open with the number 2. 

Teams need to think that we could take a QB with it to leverage the max trade value of the pick, and they need to think that all the way until we are on the clock, to get teams to get into a bidding war far it. 

If we actually accept a crazy offer is another story. But I guarantee there will be no trade of that pick until we are on the clock, unless it's a mega trade for Watson, even then I doubt it. 

100% . This will be biggest waste of time, nothing will come out of this. Something like, “we plan to be somewhat aggressive in free agency, with a focus on players that fit our system and culture. “ Blah, blah, blah. Any questions on Sam, will be met with very vague answers.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Maybe they are. Doesnt change the tactics you use to drive up the value of the 2. A savvy poker face would wait until we are on the clock to see what the max offer for the pick would be, or how desperate the Texans are willing to get with Deshaun. 

If Sam is traded it will not be until after the number 2 pick is made. 

Trading Sam now OR trading the 2 now leaves return on the table. We are in 100% control of what we want to do with plenty of options open, and its JDs job to leverage suitors into desperation. 

I think that's unlikely.

Jets risk too much in not trading him sooner.  Teams move on or a QB falls that a trade partner might like better.

If they make the decision to move on from Sam (which I think they will) they will trade him before the draft.  

Also this better not be a let's thank our selves Fest! They better have something important to announce.

Way too often at my kids schools are we clapping for the PTA moms and the school nurse, they pulled the same crap with the white house we were clapping for the people behind the scenes and everybody's being recognized and thanked.

I don't think people should feel the need to publicly thank themselves and each other for all the hard work they do when they're earning ridiculous salaries. I'm pretty sure Joe Douglas isn't replacing any ballasts, pushing any brooms or unclogging any toilets LOL! Let's thank that f****** guy.. buy him a case of beer! LMFAO what time is this s*** show on? Where can I see it!?

8 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Okay so does anybody know where I can watch or hear the press conference?

They’re talking Jets on WFAN but haven’t said anything about cutting over to the presser.  

No link on Jets YouTube either.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They’re talking Jets on WFAN but haven’t said anything about cutting over to the presser.  

No link on Jets YouTube either.  

SAR I

Well hopefully they're not thanking the Jets media Department! In a world completely dominated by social media no one can figure out how to listen to or watch the press conference?

There's going to be no big breaking news during this.  People wishing for Watson news are dreaming.  They wouldn't even be allowed to officially announce the trade until the start of the league year.

This is just replacing the normal press conferences the coaches and GMs have during the combine.

Expect a lot of nothing and misinformation.