You know, when you think about it, Alex Lewis and GVR aren't really soooo bad, are they?

LOL. Yes. They are.

I know there were injuries but JD CANNOT allow the Jets to go into this season without upgrading the interior of the O-line. The Jets missed out on Thuney and Linsley. There should still be other options and there's always the draft but I repeat, the Jets CANNOT go into this season without upgrading the interior of the O-line and that means upgrading from AT LEAST one of Lewis and GVR. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Jets need to trade down from #2, get more picks and make use of the draft to fix the oline.

This was the answer all along.

Anyone who truly thought we would get the top end olineman were living in a dream world.

Stop with the "we gonna fix all our problems with the draft". To win, you need to make some of these big name, big talent signings. The draft will never fill all your voids, especially a team this crappy. We need known commodities, with real talent. Then fill the gaps. We do this through the draft.. and by the time we finish building through the draft, the first set of guys will be out of the league. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

Stop with the "we gonna fix all our problems with the draft". To win, you need to make some of these big name, big talent signings. The draft will never fill all your voids, especially a team this crappy. We need known commodities, with real talent. Then fill the gaps. We do this through the draft.. and by the time we finish building through the draft, the first set of guys will be out of the league. 

If you have a garbage team you are not getting top end FA.  Proven gain today.

Even jets success re Fa in the past, those teams had some talent.

Oline is perhaps the most desirable position in Fa year in and out.  (once gain see this year.)

• Upvote 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

If you have a garbage team you are not getting top end FA.  Proven gain today.

Even jets success re Fa in the past, those teams had some talent.

Oline is perhaps the most desirable position in Fa year in and out.  (once gain see this year.)

Today didn't prove that. Today proved our GM didn't get it done. Joe Douglas is penny pinching when he isn't even digging into his own wallet. 

12 minutes ago, PepPep said:

LOL. Yes. They are.

I know there were injuries but JD CANNOT allow the Jets to go into this season without upgrading the interior of the O-line. The Jets missed out on Thuney and Linsley. There should still be other options and there's always the draft but I repeat, the Jets CANNOT go into this season without upgrading the interior of the O-line and that means upgrading from AT LEAST one of Lewis and GVR. 

Well we just lost out on the 2 best Guards out there Thuney and Linsey, we are already into the 2nd tier of Guards which is one of our weakest spots on the team. 

a little fox and sour grapes rationalization.  in truth they needed to replace one or more interior linemen.  my guess is lewis was the goner.  gvr started to play well once the oline starters were the same for a few games. we'll see what happens.  imo even keeping the guys they have and having them practice and play together for a season will do wonders.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

LOL. Yes. They are.

This is so true.  While I have high hopes for Clark, I would add at least two of the "guard only" lineman with starting grades.  I would pay up for one of them and would be a bargain shopper in the later rounds.  Guard only starters fall.  Last year, one was still available in the sixth round.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Jets need to trade down from #2, get more picks and make use of the draft to fix the oline.

This was the answer all along.

Anyone who truly thought we would get the top end olineman were living in a dream world.

If we can get fair value, then yes.  If we cannot, then take Sewell.  I cannot pass on a guy with a gold jacket grade.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I would bet my damn near my 1st born at least one of those Guard spots is still considerable upgraded this off-season, if not both.

Sadly, that will not be too hard.  At times last season, we were totally noncompetitive.  I do not use that term lightly either.  Matador blocking and blown up plays.  Three and out city.

1 hour ago, pointman said:

At this point, I am about to demand we draft nothing but O Line. At least that will be worth something unlike the years of wasted first rounders on DL. 

My Updated Mock:

• Round 1a: Rashawn Slater, OL
  • Round 1b: Jalen Mayfield, OL
  • Round 2: Wyatt Davis, OL
  • Round 3a: Alex Leatherwood, OL
  • Round 3b: Creed Humphrey, OL
  • Upvote 1