Zach Wilson Pro Day

11 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Maybe Wilson is this years Mahomes and Lawrence is trubisky in that example. Ever consider that? Huh? HUH????

No he loves Fields.  Wanted him over Lawrence, swore he saw things with Lawrence too.  

That should tell you all you need to know.

13 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Nice, but doubt Carolina takes 34 + Darnold for 8. That gives Sam a mid first round-value. I doubt 23 + Sam gets it done either. Maybe Sam + 23 + 86. Sewell will be gone. Pitts would be nice but I don't see Douglas taking a receiver that early. 

We will see. Danie Jeremiah mentioned it yesterday during the pro day, so the rumor of moving up has some legs at least. 

I would probably do 23 + Darnold. We need a playmaker. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

It’s so scary how similar this situation feels to that of Trubisky and Mahommes/Watson. 
I’m terrified we’ll get this wrong. I still think the situation each QB goes to will play a huge role. Whoever is going to Shanahan, has a pretty damn good chance at succeeding. 
It’s all on....gulp...mike Lefleuer. 

Feels like 2018 all over again

26 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I’d be on the phone with Carolina. We have to find a way to get their 1st round pick. 

Offer them Sam Darnold + #34 for the #8th overall. Assuming 3 QBs go in the top 7, we will have one of the following: Sewell, Chase, Pitts, Smith, Waddle. 

???? dude sam is a second rounder at best. so your offer of 2 second rounders or really a second and third for not just a first but a blue chip prospect at 8????? not happening but i hope u r wrong

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

no, im not.  Im just not someone throwing nonsense out there.  You dont need to be a Dr to know that a sore hammy doesnt necessarily leave someone limping.  Thats nonsense you threw out there as fact and its wrong.  Ive tweaked a hammy before, more than once and while I felt it I wasn't limping as you suggested he would.

When was the last time he was seen in a uniform?  You think he couldn't train and gain 5-10 since December?  Are you even thinking?  Do you know what he weighed in Dec?  Youre assuming he was 210 and find 215 unreachable?  And that 5-10 pounds if done through training, remember the other whine about Wilson is he comes from money, I think they could afford a personal trainer, the testing required of a QB would suffer? OK doctor

And grow up with the if you disagree with me here block me 

Yes jacka$$, that's what I believe. If you think what I said is nonsense, that's cool. I think you're blinded by your adulation over a prospect and you can't read any criticism about him without being triggered. And basically f*ck off with your "grow up" crap. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

I would probably do 23 + Darnold. We need a playmaker. 

Who would you take, if they were all available? 

Pitts would make the most sense ot me. I know 'football guy' on here says we love him. As good as Chase is, I just have a hard time seeing us give up draft capital for a WR.

I just think we expect Corey Davis to be our number 1 guy. And if we do take a receiver it would be a slot receiver like Rondale Moore, who could take over from Crowder next year. Long term a Davis-Mims-Moore tandem is good enough for me. 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually he said he added unatural, bad weight and it had him gasping for air.  

That he faked a hammy strain because he was out of shape

That he looked like he was carrying bad weight

Because what, he couldn't add 5-10 lbs to his frame since he was last seen in December?  Really, it has to be bad weight if he gained 10 pounds in 3 months?  

Thats what is wrong.  He wasnt discussion his ability to throw or how well the pro day went or didnt go.

Even @kdels62 who is a huge Wilson fan noticed the heavy breathing. And you're a liar because the first part of my original post was complimenting Wilson for having a good day and making some breathtaking throws. But you can't even tolerate a little criticism without getting hysterical. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

Its so obvious 

We don't even need hindsight 

dude really the debie downer thing with you.....ugh. 

you seem like a nice guy though.

hate to do this but you boldy claimed there wouldnt be 3 qbs taken in the first round just a few weeks ago. now its gonna be 5 bs in the first 15  picks soooooooooooooooooo hush

1 minute ago, K_O_Brien said:

Who would you take, if they were all available? 

Pitts would make the most sense ot me. I know 'football guy' on here says we love him. As good as Chase is, I just have a hard time seeing us give up draft capital for a WR.

I just think we expect Corey Davis to be our number 1 guy. And if we do take a receiver it would be a slot receiver like Rondale Moore, who could take over from Crowder next year. Long term a Davis-Mims-Moore tandem is good enough for me. 

Pitts if you can. hes just too good. id give up the 23 and darnold sooooooo fast.

Then focus on OL 

wow what a differenmce a year makes

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I assume the reason why he pointed that out, is because that matters more then his cute little choreographed scripted show he put on.  Homebody was going hard, rolled out on like 70% of those passes, throwing on the run, cutting, planting his feet, etc but skipped the athletic testing during the biggest interview of his life for a hammy that didnt bother him during his floor routine? 

Maury is right, he didnt want it.  Not sure why but that part is clear.  He did not want to be tested, bottom line.

Maybe it could simply be his hammy was sore and they didnt want to risk blowing it out and lose the whole pro day.  Imagine the tear down of the kid if that had happened. 

The simple truth cant be what happened, it has to be because of some nefarious reason

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I assume the reason why he pointed that out, is because that matters more then his cute little choreographed scripted show he put on.  Homebody was going hard, rolled out on like 70% of those passes, throwing on the run, cutting, planting his feet, etc but skipped the athletic testing during the biggest interview of his life for a hammy that didnt bother him during his floor routine? 

Maury is right, he didnt want it.  Not sure why but that part is clear.  He did not want to be tested, bottom line.

I don't know why you are bothering arguing with a guy who masturbates to a Wilson poster, but you do you. 

• Thumb Down 3

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Do you write for the NYPost? Lol tf you think a pro day is and how QBs approach it 

30 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He doesn't  have deep accuracy and his WR's are being covered by NFL DB's so thebreciever can't  jist run to wherever  the ball is being thrown to because he has to fight off the DB who is also going to go for it. 

Wilson basically  played catch with these guys for 30 minutes 

Darnold didn’t have deep ball accuracy in college either. Wilson threw more passes into tight coverage than any other QB in the draft.

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

dude really the debie downer thing with you.....ugh. 

you seem like a nice guy though.

hate to do this but you boldy claimed there wouldnt be 3 qbs taken in the first round just a few weeks ago. now its gonna be 5 bs in the first 15  picks soooooooooooooooooo hush

Zach wilson is going to be the next great Jets bust qb

He won't get a second contract here 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Even @kdels62 who is a huge Wilson fan noticed the heavy breathing. And you're a liar because the first part of my original post was complimenting Wilson for having a good day and making some breathtaking throws. But you can't even tolerate a little criticism without getting hysterical. 

I think I’m a Zach Wilson hater on the main board. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, maury77 said:

He threw 60-70 passes, lots of running throws after roll outs.  So what, he was breathing heavier.  What does that mean?  That after throwing 70 passes in a game over a 30 minute period he might be breathing heavier?  

I didnt criticize your comments on his passing, just that he was out off shape, gasping and looked like he added garbage weight and the idea that the kid couldn't have added the 10 or so pounds to his body over that last 3 months since the end of BYUs season.  When that was clearly a concern to people

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

So now he’s most likely a consensus top 3 pick you’ve shifted from “he’s not the kind of player you take at the top of the draft” to “he’s a bust”. 

The consensus thought that Marcus mariota and Mitchell trubisky would be great as well 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Maybe it could simply be his hammy was sore and they didnt want to risk blowing it out and lose the whole pro day.  Imagine the tear down of the kid if that had happened. 

The simple truth cant be what happened, it has to be because of some nefarious reason

He rolled out on 70% of his passes, lol. If his hammy hurt, why put yourself in a situation to stress it more and work it more?  Why not just sit in the pocket and delivered throws?  That's not what he did, he tried to show out, went full speed and was doing all sorts of rollouts throwing across his body, landing in all different types of positions, you're not doing that if you're worried about how your hammy is going to effect your performance.

He didnt want it.  You can lie to yourself all you want but he didnt want it. And I'm not saying it means anything, but he didnt want to be tested.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

He rolled out on 70% of his passes, lol. If his hammy hurt, why put yourself in a situation to stress it more and work it more?  Why not just sit in the pocket and delivered throws?  That's not what he did, he tried to show out, went full speed and was doing all sorts of rollouts throwing across his body, landing in all different types of positions, you're not doing that if you're worried about how your hammy is going to effect your performance.

He didnt want it.  You can lie to yourself all you want but he didnt want it.

Lol

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

They should not take a QB until they have the infrastructure to support this player 

That’s fair but I disagree. As long as they draft IOL, he will be fine. He makes quick decisions and the offense is geared towards making quick throws as well. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He threw 60-70 passes, lots of running throws after roll outs.  So what, he was breathing heavier.  What does that mean?  That after throwing 70 passes in a game over a 30 minute period he might be breathing heavier?  

I didnt criticize your comments on his passing, just that he was out off shape, gasping and looked like he added garbage weight and the idea that the kid couldn't have added the 10 or so pounds to his body over that last 3 months since the end of BYUs season.  When that was clearly a concern to people

As the resident string bean Indian guy on this forum I will say that when you’re skinny it is easy to add bad weight as you bulk. I drank a gallon of whole milk a day in addition to eating my regular diet. Put on muscle and fat. Didn’t do cardio and would huff and puff but I put on weight. Either way I find it concerning that he didn’t run. Equally concerning is people who tell me to just take him at his word that he ran 4.6. Trust but verify is the name of the game as an anesthesiologist. I look at these dudes the same way. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Tranquilo said:

That’s fair but I disagree. As long as they draft IOL, he will be fine. He makes quick decisions and the offense is geared towards making quick throws as well. 

This version of the conversation last month was "as long as they are sign thuney / Lindley and arob everything will be great 

Look around the line stinks the tight ends are atrocious and Corey Davis is their wr1

A 3rd Rd guard is not going to move the needle .Zach wilson is going to start week 1 and not make it to week 17 healthy 

Just look at him. Myles Garrett would rip his arm off 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1