Zach Wilson Pro Day

6 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I think he had a good day. He made some beautiful throws (1 in particular), but some of the deep shots were over throws or the WR had to slow up to catch them. Very accurate outside the hashes, kinda mediocre over the middle in the intermediate area of the field. Came in at a good weight, but looked chubbier than normal. No athletic testing due to a "bad hamstring". 

Doesn’t throw deep balls over his WRs shoulder. - Me continuously pointing out a weird flaw in Zach Wilson’s game. 

Thank god someone else said he was huffing and puffing because it was noticeable.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

If I remember correctly, the Trevor couldn't lift for several months (if not longer) because of that non-throwing shoulder injury and therefore was lighter than expected.

And likely our boy Stormin Mormon Wilson has been doing his very best to bulk up for this weigh-in... not sure he played at this weight.

Either way, I'm not quite so sure it matters as much. You can barely touch QB's anymore, and when they do get injured, it's because of a hit at or below the knee - where it doesn't really matter how big you are or your weight. 

Point being, regardless of what’s happened over the past 2 months, Zach likely weighs more than Trevor at 6-2 v 6-5. 

When folks don’t work out for 2 months they don’t lose 20 pounds. 

When folks work out they don’t gain 20 pounds in 2 months. 

If Zach is frail, what is Trevor? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Good for you, then stop quoting me. You and FidelioJet (who I've already blocked) hate my opinions, yet you seem to love quoting me. I said he had a good day and highlighted his positives and also highlighted what I thought his negatives were. Just block me and go read someone else's sh!t. 

Wow, I thought we had had some good discussions on it but I was just reacting to the "bad weight" comment. He look fairly ripped to me and stouter in the upper body than I expected.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Point being, regardless of what’s happened over the past 2 months, Zach likely weighs more than Trevor at 6-2 v 6-5. 

Different body types. Height/weight doesn't say everything. Zack is more proportionate with bigger legs and butt, Lawrence is wiry and can still grow into his frame. I love Wilson but Lawrence probably has the better frame for football.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Yea I'm not interested in the pissing contest between Wilson apologists and Wilson haters.

I'm just saying there's a reason why TL showed up light, and understandably so, and a reason why ZW had incentive to put on weight (simply through caloric increase, not just lifting) since his season ended.

And I'm saying this is a non-issue for either player. This isn't DeVonta Smith at a 170 lbs having to face an NFL cornerback pressing him at the LOS. 

Has there ever been a pro day where a QB made every throw? Cimini  counted 70 total throw by Wilson today, with seven misses and four drops. 90% on target when you’re throwing repeatedly for over a half hour straight is fine. As for the huffing and puffing, again, when you’re throwing non stop it’s not unusual. Watch Trevor’s pro day to see what I mean. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Exactly. I don't understand why everything about Zach Wilson has to be so polarizing. I think you and @kdels62 are good posters and add a lot of value to the draft forum. We can disagree about Wilson, concede when the other person makes a good point and move on. But there are guys on this forum that get their panties in a bunch the minute anyone criticizes Wilson and exaggerate anytime he does anything well. 

No doubt about that — a lot of the time it’s just best to agree to disagree with the mutual understanding that we all just want the right guy. I think guys just get too emotionally invested in the prospect they feel like they sought out and watched film on. They feel like it’s as much of their pick as it is JD’s.

You’re a really good poster yourself & you basically live in the draft section. I take a lot of what you say about draft prospects with a heavy amount of respect. We differ here & there but you are pretty fair in your analysis so I always try to make sure you know i hear you from that perspective.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Doesn’t throw deep balls over his WRs shoulder. - Me continuously pointing out a weird flaw in Zach Wilson’s game. 

Thank god someone else said he was huffing and puffing because it was noticeable.

He did throw 70 passes in a 30 minute period, rolling out at least half the time and he's jacked up bc it's his pro day. He did more pocket movement and rollouts in his pro day then any I can remember in recent history. Most people would be breathing heavy with that pace. Everybody needs to stop reaching for excuses to not like this kid. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Good for you, then stop quoting me. You and FidelioJet (who I've already blocked) hate my opinions, yet you seem to love quoting me. I said he had a good day and highlighted his positives and also highlighted what I thought his negatives were. Just block me and go read someone else's sh!t. 

Shocked you even weighed in on the day, should have known better, this was always going to be a circle jerk.  Other then getting to meet Wilson face to face for the first time and check his measurements/medicals like you pointed out, the rest meant absolutely nothing.  And if JD made his decision based on this choreographed scripted nonsense, he's a moron.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He did throw 70 passes in a 30 minute period, rolling out at least half the time and he's jacked up bc it's his pro day. He did more pocket movement and rollouts in his pro day then any I can remember in recent history. Most people would be breathing heavy with that pace. Everybody needs to stop reaching for excuses to not like this kid. 

Not reaching. Making observations. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Yes his family owns Fed-Ex. He's definitely an intriguing prospect man obviously.

However Sam has three years of experience in the league thus far. Of all the quarterbacks coming out this year, after doing a little research Sam would still be the youngest of all of the QBs in their fourth year. It's a tough decision.

Anybody with eyes and a heart knows that Sam has not gotten a fair Shake. however there is no meter for measuring guts.

Just being honest in saying I'm 50/50 I'm really on the fence between keeping Sam or drafting Wilson or Fields. I'm just really not sure.

I've seen Sam flash, and I've seen his worst. I can also look up his Pro Day on YouTube.

I haven't seen Zach Wilson getting his ass kicked by Buffalo's defense in the snow.

I'm really just not sure.

You are getting you narratives confused. Zack Wilson’s uncle owns Jet Blue. Arthur Smith the New HC of the Falcons his father owns Fed-Ex.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rob Moore said:

So I’m not trying to poo poo on Wilson’s pro day, but honest question.  Has a top QB prospect ever had a bad pro day?  

I don’t think the goal is to put a ton of stock in the pro day itself. I think the goal is to check mark & validate your game film evaluation of said prospects arm talent/mechanics from a close up perspective. It’s the grading of their passing habits and abilities in a more detailed fashion. None of it is really meant to be taken and compared to exactly how he would look against a real team. It’s taking a important part of being a NFL QB and magnifying it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

So I wanted to actually watch the pro day before posting in this thread. 

Good 

Wilson made some breathtaking throws. The pass down field while running left was a great throw. 

Good accuracy. I charted 46 out of 60 throws being accurate (this doesn't mean 46 of 60 throws were completed, I gave him credit for accurate throws that were dropped and knocked him for catches with bad ball placement). 

Bad

I know he weighed in at 214 today, but it looks like it was bad weight. I saw him catching his breath on a couple of occasions. I think the line about tweaking his hamstring to not do any athletic testing was BS (he certainly didn't seem to be limping during any of his throws). I think his team knew the added weight would would negatively affect his testing, so they made up the hamstring BS. 

that's some theory, a baseless conspiracy theory.. but it's a theory

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Shocked you even weighed in on the day, should have known better, this was always going to be a circle jerk.  Other then getting to meet Wilson face to face for the first time and check his measurements/medicals like you pointed out, the rest meant absolutely nothing.  And if JD made his decision based on this choreographed scripted nonsense, he's a moron.

You're right. I figured it might be safe it I was objective, but alas, I'm a fool at heart. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

You're right. I figured it might be safe it I was objective, but alas, I'm a fool at heart. 

You theorized he and his team concocted story to fool teams about his weight by eating junk food, but to avoid a poor showing in a work out he fabricated a hamstring injury. Objective? HA!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HighPitch said:

great point. I was willing to give 5 for watson and everyone goofed on me.

Now you dummies have been schooled

Those picks are one and two years away.  That decreases their value to 2 nd and 3 rd round picks.   We would be able to offer 3 between this year and next including the number 2 pick which you point out is worth 3 number 1s plus.

• Upvote 1