Zach Wilson Pro Day

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You do realize how lame it is to complain that Rodgers, Mahomes and Allen can make that throw.  3 of the best passers in the NFL.  Wow, that sucks

I agree but I think most NFL QBs can make that throw. I thought the adjectives being used yesterday didn’t really align with what he was doing. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Jesus f*cking christ some of you are dense. Let me put it in kindergarten terms for you.

The.problem.isn't.that.he.put.on.weight.per.se.its.that.we.don't.know.how.athletic.he.is.because.he.didn't.test.because.he.skipped.testing.probably.because.he.wasn't.as.fast.or.couldn't.jump.as.high.as.normal.due.to.the.added.weight.and.if.you.believe.the.hamstring.excuse.then.i.have.a.bridge.to.sell.you. 

I understand those drills measure athletic ability but those are not as important in a qb. He has a strong arm, can throw on the run, is accurate to all levels of the field, and from what I’ve read is a student of the game. 

He is going to be the Jets pick. Let’s hope it works out. I don’t think he will be worse than Darnold and I think he will be much better.

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I agree but I think most NFL QBs can make that throw. I thought the adjectives being used yesterday didn’t really align with what he was doing. 

They definitely over heaped praise on some throws but so did Orlovsky and Simms.  Figured the ex QBs would know best.

I understand those drills measure athletic ability but those are not as important in a qb. He has a strong arm, can throw on the run, is accurate to all levels of the field, and from what I’ve read is a student of the game. 

He is going to be the Jets pick. Let’s hope it works out. I don’t think he will be worse than Darnold and I think he will be much better.

I agree that they aren’t as important for a QB, but if one of the positives about a player is that he is athletic, I’d like to see how athletic he is. If I’m looking at Peyton Manning coming out, I could care less about his 40 because that’s not his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, MysticalJet2 said:

I just don't get all the crazy gushing about the pro day.  Ok he has a strong arm, but this whole thing was choreographed for weeks (months?) before the pro day.  It was toss and catch and that's it. I had to stop watching because the announcers were making me sick on how they gush over him.  And when he made an errant throw, it was someone else's fault.  There is a whole bunch more data to go on from real games.

This doesn't mean I think he is not a good player worth #2... just saying lets come back to earth a bit.

And what about all the clapping and cheering from his family and friends everytime he made a 5 yard pass, that really took the biscuit.

• Upvote 2

We won't know until live game action but draft Zack Wilson,  keep Darnold and let Darnold start the season with decent coaching and receivers that are now in place and let Sam prove he is the real deal that all of you claim he is and when he goes 0 and 4 then bench him and let's put an end to the Darnold is not being handled correctly talk.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

We won't know until live game action but draft Zack Wilson,  keep Darnold and let Darnold start the season with decent coaching and receivers that are now in place and let Sam prove he is the real deal that all of you  claim he is and when he goes 0 and 4 then bench him and let's put an end to the Darnold is not being handled correctly talk.
Hell I'd give Darnold until 2-8 ... no need to rush the golden arm of Wilson during the first real year of the rebuild.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

13 hours ago, choon328 said:

So bc you guys assumed he was lighter than what he weighed in you're making assumptions that he gained an unhealthy 8 lbs over the past 3 months lol. You guys are acting like he weighed 205 last week and ate nothing but Big Macs for the past week to gain weight. Isnt it possible he gained 8 lbs of muscle in the past 3 months??? Maybe you all were just wrong. What's next, he was wearing heal lifts to boost his height? So ridiculous

If he gained 8 lbs of muscle n the past 3 months he must have been a bean pole before that. He's built more like a swimmer than a football player.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

The best case scenario is if the Falcons who sit at 4 want to jump in front of 49ers to take the second best QB and the Jets still get in front of Miami and Cincy to take Sewell or Pitts while also acquiring future draft capital.

Please let this happen. Sewell and addition draft picks is the best case scenario.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

When say things like his hammy issues were made up, he wasnt even limping, well then you dont know what youre talking about, you dont have to be limping with a sore hammy.  Then theres the nonsense about his weight being responsible for breathing a bit heavy after firing off 60 passes one after another.  That was comical to be nice

He was breathing hard after 15 minutes of playing catch. Whether it was a fake hamstring injury or the added weight he should have been in better shape.

• WTF? 1

34 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

If he gained 8 lbs of muscle n the past 3 months he must have been a bean pole before that. He's built more like a swimmer than a football player.

8 lbs of muscle is nothing in 3 months. The most important thing for QBs is shoulder strength,  lower body strength and hip fluidity. The idea that a QB needs to have a bulky upper body is ridiculous and not the way QBs are taught to weight train. Too much upper body mass is not good.

• Sympathy 1

It is very clear that 90% of you don't know what scouts, gms and coaches are looking for at a pro day. They want to see arm strength, accuracy,  dexterity, fluidity, how they interact with the WRs before and after the play. How they interact with the coach leading the pro day. Are they having fun or are they too intense. Arm motion,  their eyes,  hip movement in the pocket. Anticipating WR breaks. All of these things the scouts, gms and coaches know the answer to prior to the pro day.  They just want to see it in person to confirm it. The Jets have already spoken to him multiple times over zoom, they already did board work with him over zoom. They've already talked to everybody he knows, all of his ex coaches and a lot of his teammates to find out about his character.  All of this has been done well before the pro day. His pro day was a homerun and confirmed everything that was already seen on tape all year. He will be the pick at 2 for the Jets. 

The height issue for a QB in the nfl is no longer an issue. He could be 5'10" and it would matter very little. That issue was put to bed years ago with Russell Wilson. The "weight" issue, if there is one, will be addressed and solved once he gets into an NFL weight training program. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TheMo said:

As the resident string bean Indian guy on this forum I will say that when you’re skinny it is easy to add bad weight as you bulk. I drank a gallon of whole milk a day in addition to eating my regular diet. Put on muscle and fat. Didn’t do cardio and would huff and puff but I put on weight. Either way I find it concerning that he didn’t run. Equally concerning is people who tell me to just take him at his word that he ran 4.6. Trust but verify is the name of the game as an anesthesiologist. I look at these dudes the same way. 

If Zack was able to run a 4.6 at yesterdays pro day you can bet your last dollar he would have run.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

My guy, he dropped it right in the bread basket 50+ yards to the opposite side of the field off balance. In what world is that pass a pick 6 in a real game? In your scenario do you have a safety double covering and flying over the front of the receiver to snatch that pass from his hands. That’s right in his guy’s pocket bro.

Easy completion & insanely hard pass.

I'm not saying Wilson's arm isn't potentially something special , but the guy was throwing w/o shoulder pads and w/o a pass rush. A lot of QB's can throw the ball 50+ yards in those conditions , hell just watch the kids in the Punt , Pass & Kick competitions.