Zach Wilson Pro Day

The interesting thing with the trade up is the timing.  Ohio State has not had its Pro Day yet and the first move was right before Wilson threw.  Could the move up be for Trey Lance.  Possible.  I know the Panthers are still in the mix for a QB and I personally think Deshawn Watson goes there but they are still a contender for a trade up at this point.  

The best case scenario is if the Falcons who sit at 4 want to jump in front of 49ers to take the second best QB and the Jets still get in front of Miami and Cincy to take Sewell or Pitts while also acquiring future draft capital.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If you weighed 200 pounds and had a Pro Day, you would absolutely show up at your weigh-in larded up with protein powder and three gallons of water. I don’t see how this is a weird thing to say about a prospect who is clearly a tiny boy

"clearly at tiny boy" ...It's absolutely amazing to me the length some of you are going to sh*t on this kid.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

The interesting thing with the trade up is the timing.  Ohio State has not had its Pro Day yet and the first move was right before Wilson threw.  Could the move up be for Trey Lance.  Possible.  I know the Panthers are still in the mix for a QB and I personally think Deshawn Watson goes there but they are still a contender for a trade up at this point.  

The best case scenario is if the Falcons who sit at 4 want to jump in front of 49ers to take the second best QB and the Jets still get in front of Miami and Cincy to take Sewell or Pitts while also acquiring future draft capital.

Mac Jones 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, maury77 said:

I think he had a good day. He made some beautiful throws (1 in particular), but some of the deep shots were over throws or the WR had to slow up to catch them. Very accurate outside the hashes, kinda mediocre over the middle in the intermediate area of the field. Came in at a good weight, but looked chubbier than normal. No athletic testing due to a "bad hamstring". 

When say things like his hammy issues were made up, he wasnt even limping, well then you dont know what youre talking about, you dont have to be limping with a sore hammy.  Then theres the nonsense about his weight being responsible for breathing a bit heavy after firing off 60 passes one after another.  That was comical to be nice

I don't  know about that. He had misses and all this really showed off was arm strength  which we all knew he had. The receivers were not being covered, he didn't  have to make any reads, and he had 2 weeks to practice every throw to these same guys. He probably had this rehearsed  throw for throw in the exact order he did it. All I got out of this is he has great arm talent and good accuracy.  I didn't  learn anything new from this. Put Sam on the field for 2 weeks throwing  these same passes to Crowder, Mims, and Barrios and I bet the results would be identical. Sam's problem isn't his arm strength. 

Sam Darnold? It is definitely one of his problems. He can’t throw a deep ball.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:
When say things like his hammy issues were made up, he wasnt even limping, well then you dont know what youre talking about, you dont have to be limping with a sore hammy.  Then theres the nonsense about his weight being responsible for breathing a bit heavy after firing off 60 passes one after another.  That was comical to be nice

Awesome, are you a doctor or sports trainer? One of the chief recurring concerns about Wilson was his weight (Daniel Jeremiah, who is a Wilson fan even mentioned this), he suddenly comes in heavier and doesn't want to do athletic testing. I question that he didn't want to do the testing because the added weight would affect his performance and I'm making stuff up and speculating meanwhile every other post in this thread is about Wilson being locked up at number 2 due to speculation about leaks and a trade that didn't involve the Jets. 

Since you find me to be comical “to be nice”, just block me, I’ll survive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

What happens if fields lights up his pro day? Also will everyone be as positive or will the couple throws here and there make you convinced Wilson is the better pick. Not talking to you @kdels62 or @Patriot Killa lol. You guys and I have talked about this and have had reasoned discussion. I think he has really high bust potential not cause I hate him or I think he’s a twerp. I just don’t think what he did at BYU against lesser competition will play out in the NFL. I think fields will be a great player in the future and is getting the deshaun Watson criticisms that we look back at as crazy. Anyway carry on with hype train. Also I don’t think field’s pro day should make a difference for people. The evidence is on game film. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I’d be on the phone with Carolina. We have to find a way to get their 1st round pick. 

Offer them Sam Darnold + #34 for the #8th overall. Assuming 3 QBs go in the top 7, we will have one of the following: Sewell, Chase, Pitts, Smith, Waddle. 

• Upvote 1

Darnold truthers and others was exposed with this trade. Please stop now with the BS that: “Kyle is really high on Darnold, so why shouldn’t we” , “Nobody in this draft class is better than Darnold” and more importantly stop with the complete BS that “the league is high on Darnold”  

Kyle the QB guru that the majority of the football world worships, just sh*tted all over these Darnold theories ?????

6 minutes ago, TheMo said:

What happens if fields lights up his pro day? Also will everyone be as positive or will the couple throws here and there make you convinced Wilson is the better pick. Not talking to you @kdels62 or @Patriot Killa lol. You guys and I have talked about this and have had reasoned discussion. I think he has really high bust potential not cause I hate him or I think he’s a twerp. I just don’t think what he did at BYU against lesser competition will play out in the NFL. I think fields will be a great player in the future and is getting the deshaun Watson criticisms that we look back at as crazy. Anyway carry on with hype train. Also I don’t think field’s pro day should make a difference for people. The evidence is on game film. 

What happens then is that people will post things that are based upon highlights and quotes that they read from other internet "draft experts"

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Hopefully they place more emphasis on how well he can read a defense, how quickly he processes information, goes through progressions and makes the correct decision where to go w/the ball. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Spot on and it's like I've been saying this whole time; all of these dudes struggle with seeing the field and throwing with anticipation.  Every single college QB does unless they're coming from one of the rare pro style offense in college which is like 2 programs.  Mel is spot on, you're drafting for potential which is why I'm baffled how anyone could pass on what Justin Fields brings to the table and prefer Wilson but I digress, it's a bonkers situation but again, this is a league that took Mitch Trubisky over Pat Mahomes and Deshaun Watson.  Mayfield/Darnold over Allen and Jackson.  Tua over Herbert, etc.  These dudes, dont know their ass from their elbow but the 1 consistent here in this example is the guys taken later were freaks, the dudes taken before did this cool looking thing once that was fun to watch.

Look I dont have a crystal ball, I have no clue who's going to be the best of these dudes but I do know one thing for certain, the league has not been kind to prospects similar to Zach Wilson and it's scary as hell considering how crucial this decision is for the future of this team.

Just say "we are probably f*cked"

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Sam Darnold? It is definitely one of his problems. He can’t throw a deep ball.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He doesn't  have deep accuracy and his WR's are being covered by NFL DB's so thebreciever can't  jist run to wherever  the ball is being thrown to because he has to fight off the DB who is also going to go for it. 

Wilson basically  played catch with these guys for 30 minutes 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Spot on and it's like I've been saying this whole time; all of these dudes struggle with seeing the field and throwing with anticipation.  Every single college QB does unless they're coming from one of the rare pro style offense in college which is like 2 programs.  Mel is spot on, you're drafting for potential which is why I'm baffled how anyone could pass on what Justin Fields brings to the table and prefer Wilson but I digress, it's a bonkers situation but again, this is a league that took Mitch Trubisky over Pat Mahomes and Deshaun Watson.  Mayfield/Darnold over Allen and Jackson.  Tua over Herbert, etc.  These dudes, dont know their ass from their elbow but the 1 consistent here in this example is the guys taken later were freaks, the dudes taken before did this cool looking thing once that was fun to watch.

Look I dont have a crystal ball, I have no clue who's going to be the best of these dudes but I do know one thing for certain, the league has not been kind to prospects similar to Zach Wilson and it's scary as hell considering how crucial this decision is for the future of this team.

Maybe Wilson is this years Mahomes and Lawrence is trubisky in that example. Ever consider that? Huh? HUH????

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

They have to take him but the media going nuts over an off balance throw in shorts seems odd. Who’s his agent? Allen, Rodgers, Mahomes all make that throw in games. 

You do realize how lame it is to complain that Rodgers, Mahomes and Allen can make that throw.  3 of the best passers in the NFL.  Wow, that sucks

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I’d be on the phone with Carolina. We have to find a way to get their 1st round pick. 

Offer them Sam Darnold + #34 for the #8th overall. Assuming 3 QBs go in the top 7, we will have one of the following: Sewell, Chase, Pitts, Smith, Waddle. 

Nice, but doubt Carolina takes 34 + Darnold for 8. That gives Sam a mid first round-value. I doubt 23 + Sam gets it done either. Maybe Sam + 23 + 86. Sewell will be gone. Pitts would be nice but I don't see Douglas taking a receiver that early. 

We will see. Danie Jeremiah mentioned it yesterday during the pro day, so the rumor of moving up has some legs at least. 

2 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Maybe Wilson is this years Mahomes and Lawrence is trubisky in that example. Ever consider that? Huh? HUH????

This is a possibility but the definition of insanity would be sticking with Darnold.  We've seen three years of him.

But I do think Zach will be good.

16 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Awesome, are you a doctor or sports trainer? One of the chief recurring concerns about Wilson was his weight (Daniel Jeremiah, who is a Wilson fan even mentioned this), he suddenly comes in heavier and doesn't want to do athletic testing. I question that he didn't want to do the testing because the added weight would affect his performance and I'm making stuff up and speculating meanwhile every other post in this thread is about Wilson being locked up at number 2 due to speculation about leaks and a trade that didn't involve the Jets. 

Of course he put on a few lbs , he has been doing nothing but training for the last 3 months. Did you listen to any of his interviews? Its not like he was drinking beer and eating twinkies, clearly he has worked out, and gotten abit stronger... Thats what you do to prep for Draft , Nfl season.  He said he will likely get a 40 on tape before Draft. Nothing here...

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

I can’t listen to any of these draft guys anymore. The Trubisky-Josh Allen cycle was the end for me. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/25/2021 at 5:15 PM, Peace Frog said:

I also think it will be crucial that the Jets fully scrutinize and analyze his "Ratio of Family Net Worth to Desire to Continue Playing Professional Football"  that PFF has developed.  

A pretty important and revealing metric.  

Clearly there's no way anyone can excel in the NFL... unless they grew up living in a cardboard box and panhandling for food. 

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

It’s so scary how similar this situation feels to that of Trubisky and Mahommes/Watson. 
I’m terrified we’ll get this wrong. I still think the situation each QB goes to will play a huge role. Whoever is going to Shanahan, has a pretty damn good chance at succeeding. 
It’s all on....gulp...mike Lefleuer. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, maury77 said:

no, im not.  Im just not someone throwing nonsense out there.  You dont need to be a Dr to know that a sore hammy doesnt necessarily leave someone limping.  Thats nonsense you threw out there as fact and its wrong.  Ive tweaked a hammy before, more than once and while I felt it I wasn't limping as you suggested he would.

When was the last time he was seen in a uniform?  You think he couldn't train and gain 5-10 since December?  Are you even thinking?  Do you know what he weighed in Dec?  Youre assuming he was 210 and find 215 unreachable?  And that 5-10 pounds if done through training, remember the other whine about Wilson is he comes from money, I think they could afford a personal trainer, the testing required of a QB would suffer? OK doctor

And grow up with the if you disagree with me here block me