LaFleur Presser... Zach's a film junkie...

.  I believe Wilson is going to look very capable.  Until he gets injured. 

Why why why why bring this into the universe .... Fran Tarkenton looked skinnier and smaller than Wilson.

Knock wood at least.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Why why why why bring this into the universe .... Fran Tarkenton looked skinnier and smaller than Wilson.

Knock wood at least.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Watson is 6 pounds heavier then Wilson Crusher gains that much at lunch..

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You don’t care for deadpangloss sarcasm? 

You're a pain in my ass. Constantly flaunting your high intelligence. Your well thought essays on football are one thing. Nobody here knows Voltaire. Take the IQ down a notch. we're dummies who root for the Jets  We're dumb and impulsive so can't help it. What's your excuse? lol

12 hours ago, section314 said:

Good Lord. You're starting to make the comedian Steven Wright sound like Dr.Pangloss. Give this sh*t a rest.

While funny after a Dr, Pangloss Google  search can we please keep our comedic references to after 1800 so us younger posters get the joke?  ?.                               BTW, Have you seen my seashell collection?

6 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

“Film junkie” “work ethic” “smart” “eager” are all just different ways of saying the guy stinks (kidding of course) 

Honestly none of those describe me. Im glad our new QB has nothing in common with me. Im built to dance around and lead strippers, He has to lead men

They haven’t played a single game yet. It’s only May. Why do I feel they would be better prepared to play a game tomorrow than they did at any point with Adam Gase? ? What a complete waste of two years he was. Fortunately ( for him at least) “ he’s rich as ****” because he’ll never work in this league again..

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2021 at 4:48 PM, CTJetsFan said:

Good stuff. Thanks for posting.

The thing I found most interesting was the first RB he mentioned was Ty Johnson.

I noticed that, too, and the fact that he didn’t mention Michael Carter. 

The way he talked about Mims made me think that he thinks Mims might need some extra motivation. 

My favorite takeaway was when he was asked what’s great about this offense he said that they tailor it to the players. No fitting square pegs into round holes, instead fitting the holes to match the pegs. If that’s the case here, I doubt the Jets run as much 21/12 (shout out to the Rush fans) personnel as SF was running. And I expect them to get the ball to Moore in a variety of creative ways. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/29/2021 at 9:14 AM, More Cowbell said:

Was there ever a QB selected high in round 1 not praised like this at this stage

Jacksonville Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence wasn’t as sharp on throws in the red zone during OTAs, according to head coach Urban Meyer. ‘The field changes especially against NFL talent all over the field,’ said Meyer. ‘The defense had the upper hand today.’

• Upvote 1

IMO we hear too much that this guy or that guy are film junkies.  Does it necessarily translate well to the field? To a degree yes but at the same time there are enough plays that don’t go as planned and will need some ad libbing by the QBs and the rest of the team. Does zwill have that instinct?  I hope he has both.

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2021 at 3:25 AM, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmm perhaps in part these quotes prove the organization stunk..

All I hope is that the Organization is better now..

Basically every highly-drafted QB comes with beat reporter hype. No fan wants to read doom and gloom about The New Savior. I guess what I'm saying is that this puff stuff is enjoyable to read as a fan but doesn't really mean too much.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Basically every highly-drafted QB comes with beat reporter hype. No fan wants to read doom and gloom about The New Savior. I guess what I'm saying is that this puff stuff is enjoyable to read as a fan but doesn't really mean too much.

Except is an actual video of Zach's OC talking about how Zach absorbs things, how he goes about his work really beat reporter hype?  

I mean these where pluses in his corner pre draft and turns out it wasnt hype, but his makeup.  I suppose some of this might is being said about the others but not to this degree pre draft and post.  Might mean little because watching tons of video with out processing it and learning from it isnt the point.  

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except is an actual video of Zach's OC talking about how Zach absorbs things, how he goes about his work really beat reporter hype?  

I mean these where pluses in his corner pre draft and turns out it wasnt hype, but his makeup.  I suppose some of this might is being said about the others but not to this degree pre draft and post.  Might mean little because watching tons of video with out processing it and learning from it isnt the point.  

I like to read the hype as a Jets fan. But I put no stock in it. Now if they said negative things about him at this stage, that would be a flashing red light. Saying good things about your newly-acquired #2 pick is straight from the Corporate Communications Media Policy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I like to read the hype as a Jets fan. But I put no stock in it. Now if they said negative things about him at this stage, that would be a flashing red light. Saying good things about your newly-acquired #2 pick is straight from the Corporate Communications Media Policy.

Like I said, I have no clue what Zach will do with all this extra film work and time he puts in.  But beyond the point that he loves the process and has been this way since his early days at BYU, the important part is that he seems to grasp it and asks all the right questions which makes you at least think hes getting what hes looking at, diving into it.  Hes not just watching tape without taking all there is from it.  

I agree the real warning sign would have been if he didnt dive into the process.

I dont remember Sanchez having these things said about him.  I seem to remember with Sanchez all the talk was about a gym rat mentality.  Geno I would think looking back on his career would have me screaming bullshlt if anyone claimed he was burning the late night oil as they are with Zach

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Like I said, I have no clue what Zach will do with all this extra film work and time he puts in.  But beyond the point that he loves the process and has been this way since his early days at BYU, the important part is that he seems to grasp it and asks all the right questions which makes you at least think hes getting what hes looking at, diving into it.  Hes not just watching tape without taking all there is from it.  

I agree the real warning sign would have been if he didnt dive into the process.

I dont remember Sanchez having these things said about him.  I seem to remember with Sanchez all the talk was about a gym rat mentality.  Geno I would think looking back on his career would have me screaming bullshlt if anyone claimed he was burning the late night oil as they are with Zach

I challenge googling any top 10 drafted QB in the last 10 years name along with "film junkie" or "student of the game" and not getting a hit.

I found Sanchez, Geno and Darnold quotes all calling them "film junkies" in 5 minutes and those are the only ones I searched.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

I challenge googling any top 10 drafted QB in the last 10 years name along with "film junkie" or "student of the game" and not getting a hit.

I found Sanchez, Geno and Darnold quotes all calling them "film junkies" in 5 minutes and those are the only ones I searched.

To be honest, didn't find anything with Sanchez.

Although I'm still affected by the loss of the first overall draft pick and Trevor Lawrence, I must say that I'm starting to leave that behind.  I'm really warming up to Pretty Boy Wilson.  I like everything I see and hear so far.  A lot.  I just hope I feel the same way after a few weeks of regular season play.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

That's why its so tough to evaluate QB's.  He can do and say all the right things.  Demonstrate great tape and look great in the analytics.  And still suck.  Because it all changes when you're on the field.  The NFL is so much faster and its so hard to figure out who the "fast processers" are.  Processing speed is arguably the most important attribute of a QB and yet its the hardest one to evaluate/project at the pro level.  (Accuracy is # 2 on the list but is also easier to evaluate)

Hence why some scouts/front offices have kind of stopped trying the last few years and opted to draft the most athletic QB they can get.  At least then you know a kid, even a slow processer, might be able to make up for some of his deficiencies by running and extending plays.  

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

It’s more than that.  Wilson came in with the rep of dissecting HS film, ordering more tape late night.  Driving 10 hours each way on his own to study.  Sanchez came in with gym rat mentality and left with rumors that he was lazy and didn’t put in the work.  

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's why its so tough to evaluate QB's.  He can do and say all the right things.  Demonstrate great tape and look great in the analytics.  And still suck.  Because it all changes when you're on the field.  The NFL is so much faster and its so hard to figure out who the "fast processers" are.  Processing speed is arguably the most important attribute of a QB and yet its the hardest one to evaluate/project at the pro level.  (Accuracy is # 2 on the list but is also easier to evaluate)

Hence why some scouts/front offices have kind of stopped trying the last few years and opted to draft the most athletic QB they can get.  At least then you know a kid, even a slow processer, might be able to make up for some of his deficiencies by running and extending plays.  

right.  what did tyson say?  all of the plans go out the window once the first punch is thrown.  i think it's good that zwill can watch and dissect film but it's more important that he makes plays when on the field and makes the right decision when a 280 lb de is barrelling down on him.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s more than that.  Wilson came in with the rep of dissecting HS film, ordering more tape late night.  Driving 10 hours each way on his own to study.  Sanchez came in with gym rat mentality and left with rumors that he was lazy and didn’t put in the work.  

Not saying they are exactly the same guy. Saying this exactly same thing is said about 99% of top-drafted QBs.

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Not saying they are exactly the same guy. Saying this exactly same thing is said about 99% of top-drafted QBs.

Have we heard this about Lawrence?  Lance?  Fields?  I haven’t been following 

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Have we heard this about Lawrence?  Lance?  Fields?  I haven’t been following 

Fields and Lance have been heavily lauded as "film junkies." Lawrence being "The Truth" since he was 17 years old is a lot of hyperbole to sort through.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's a good point. It was hoped that the wonderlic could do that -- 50 questions under extreme time pressure -- but whatever value it once had is broken because draftees are now professionally coached to the test.

Teams try to do this by putting a candidate in front of the white board but everything changes when one of the Bosa brothers is bull rushing you lol.

Surprised teams don't use VR simulations in their eval process. Maybe they do and I just don't know about it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's a good point. It was hoped that the wonderlic could do that -- 50 questions under extreme time pressure -- but whatever value it once had is broken because draftees are now professionally coached to the test.

Teams try to do this by putting a candidate in front of the white board but everything changes when one of the Bosa brothers is bull rushing you lol.

Exactly.  Spatial awareness is a whole different ballgame than a Q/A test or a whiteboard, and it adds an extra layer to even that when you're about to get hit.  After all, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Maybe Virtual Reality stuff will be able to help get things a little closer to seeing what a QB might do in a pressure situation.  Teams are already starting to use it in practice situations.  Using it as part of the pre-draft process could prove helpful as well.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  Spatial awareness is a whole different ballgame than a Q/A test or a whiteboard, and it adds an extra layer to even that when you're about to get hit.  After all, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Maybe Virtual Reality stuff will be able to help get things a little closer to seeing what a QB might do in a pressure situation.  Teams are already starting to use it in practice situations.  Using it as part of the pre-draft process could prove helpful as well.  

Caught me editing: "Surprised teams don't use VR simulations in their eval process. Maybe they do and I just don't know about it."

• Upvote 1