LaFleur Presser... Zach's a film junkie...

2 hours ago, Jetstream said:

Says Mike's brother said you better not burn this guy out :)

If you told me this was Zach Wilson’s brother I wouldn’t blink.

and I’m convinced the film Mike L is giving Zach to take home are ‘Leave It to Beaver’ reruns

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Hm was hoping the nepotism hire OC would say that Zach Wilson was a slackard who sucks, but I guess this is fine too

nepotism hire?

saleh worked with lafleur for 4-years in SF.  not exactly shocking that a new HC picks someone he is familiar with to be one of his top assistants.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Good stuff. Thanks for posting.

The thing I found most interesting was the first RB he mentioned was Ty Johnson.

Yeah well Jonson did really flash last year, effectively getting benched after his best performance. I honestly believe that Gase was so checked out that all he cared about was getting Gore 16,000 yards. If I was a veteran I would hustle my butt because Saleh is not going to default to veterans.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Our last 3 QBs were studying film with complete idiots. If you study the wrong thing, it doesnt matter how much you study. Lets hope Zach is learning from good, competent coaches and will be fine.

Yeah, luckily Wilson will have Morgan & White in the QB room studying film with him. He can probably learn a lot from those two. Ideal situation, really.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah, luckily Wilson will have Morgan & White in the QB room studying film with him. He can probably learn a lot from those two. Ideal situation, really.

Jets trying out a new Coach-less QB System, eh?  

OIP.URCgw4kMrvqERvXEjWqJdwHaFj?pid=ImgDe

48 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Good Lord. You're starting to make the comedian Steven Wright sound like Dr.Pangloss. Give this sh*t a rest.

I really don’t have a basis for this statement, but I think it is fair to say that none of Sanchez, Geno, Hack and Darnold studied the film like Wilson does.  Wilson is just a geek overachiever.   You never heard those other QBs demanding that their teammates know the game plan, at any level.  Those other guys were basically good athletes who were put into QB friendly systems and asked to QB.  

It does not hurt that Sanchez and Darnold do enjoy the nightlife supposedly, and Geno and Hack are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.  

I believe Wilson is going to look very capable.  Until he gets injured. 

• Upvote 1