Becton Has Foot Issue

KRL

4 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Called La'Mical Perine a big downhill runner, which I thought was an interesting comment

Here is the press conference on Facebook Live

https://fb.watch/5V_HQavdy9/

Speed guys may be flashy, but the between the tackles guys with an all-around game are essential.  I continue to maintain he has a role to play in our committee that Carter, Coleman and Johnson do not provide.  The board tends to underestimate him imo.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Listen Dr Oz you are not an educated trained medical professional or even a nutritionist. 

So what you attended a 2 hour seminar to sell powdered drink mixes. 

No I don't take Geritol. 

Your false accusations about Mekhi Becton are disturbing. 

He's 22 years old an NFL rookie with a pocket load of cash I don't expect him to eat healthy. 

Once again a foot injury so what. 

NFL football is a rough game very physically demanding of the body mind and soul injuries happen. 

The kid is 6' 7" 

It's called continuous education. Yes, football is a tough and violent sport. Therefore, professional and rich athletes should have the responsibility of taking care of their bodies.  

In his case, at a younger age, he should be prioritizing his weight management, glucose levels and all pertinent health related topics.

I am a Jets fan first, and when a prominent player with a higher ceiling isn't taking good care of himself, it only harms the team, the organization and the fan base.

If you are insecure about yourself, start making changes. Stop complaining about your inflammations if you are going to be a narrow minded and uneducated person.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Bronx said:

If you are insecure about yourself, start making changes. Stop complaining about your inflammations if you are going to be a narrow minded and uneducated person.

Mind your own business you are not a Dr or my Dr for that matter. 

You offered up some good suggestions early on but now are turning into a preacher. 

Whats next an infomercial. 

My inflammation issues aren't from my eating habits or anything closely related. 

End of subject next move will be you to ignore. 

I don't come here to listen to you lecture others or to buy snake oil. 

• Thumb Down 3

Minor injuries that keep occurring on a 365lb football player is very alarming. All these minor injuries will eventually lead to him becoming an ineffective pass protector. Missing games is bad enough, but losing the mobility he has will make him expendable. He said at the end of the season he planned on losing weight. Guess he was to busy to try.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You offered up some good suggestions early on but now are turning into a preacher. 

My inflammation issues aren't from my eating habits or anything closely related. 

Buddy, you are the one after me, don't expect anything lesser. By the way, giving a thumbs down to JLO, seriously? I careless about being on ignored, you don't like my comments regardless...ciao

Plantar fascitis is often caused by a change in activity.  So if Becton suddenly was running around a football field, for example, and he was not before, this would flare up.  

Orthotics, stretching, exercises and massage will straighten it out, and there is still other physical activities he can do.

Tristan Wirfs holds the Iowa strength records.  That is not who Becton is.  

Our new training staff are not dummies.  I am sure they have Becton figured out.  Becton is not physically configured to be play 16 games a year in the NFL.  Neither was Quinnen when he came into the NFL.  Becton needs alot of help to put himself together.  I am sure they are working on him.  

I think this is really year 1 of JD.  Actual year 1 he got here too late.  Actual year 2 he did not know how to draft-I don't think that draft ends up being a good one.   Actual year 3, this year, JD has a good coaching staff to work with, and the draft looks better.  

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yeah, He ain’t the boss of us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, genot said:

Minor injuries that keep occurring on a 365lb football player is very alarming. All these minor injuries will eventually lead to him becoming an ineffective pass protector. Missing games is bad enough, but losing the mobility he has will make him expendable. He said at the end of the season he planned on losing weight. Guess he was to busy to try.

I think your head would explode if Becton actually suffered a serious injury once in his career. 

The guy has been oversized his entire career. He missed 1 game in 3 years in college and missed a couple of games during a tank year last year where the Jets were being overly cautious with all their young assets (See Mims missing half the year  with a bad hammy). 

Everyone needs to relax  about missed time in OTAs on June 4th. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Exactly what I been saying. He needs to get his sht together if he wants to last. Pretty disappointing. 

Bryant McKinney was one of the most dominant offensive tackles to ever play in the NFL.  But his battles with weight gain wrought havoc with his career.  He frequently came to camp over 400 lbs and had to crash diet.  The first half of many of his seasons were below average as the extra weight robbed him of his quickness. 

The second half of many of his seasons were absolutely dominant.  At the end of his career, the Vikings cut him after he came to camp overweight AGAIN.  The Ravens picked him up, put him on the bench and slowly got him back into playing shape.  He was then inserted at left tackle for the playoff run the year they won their second super bowl.   It was some of the best football anybody ever played and was a big reason they won it all.

When we took Becton, the specter of Bryant McKinney loomed large.  The Jets need to find a way to get this into his mind.  It will be a daily battle for the rest of his life. 

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

Excess meat and animal products can cause inflammation on the body (heme protein, Neu5Gc). Also, simple carbohydrates (soda, soft drinks, cakes, bread, cereals, wheat) will alter your glucose, insulin, your nervous system and other critical organs.

Simple carbs, such as table sugar, white bread, sugary drinks are refined, which means the natural minerals vitamins, and fiber content is removed. This makes simple carbs a source of quick energy but little nutritious value, which is why there are sometimes referred to as "empty calories.".Sugar. Sugar is the simplest form of carbohydrate. https://www.delightedcooking.com/what-are-simple-carbohydrates.htm

Becton, you have the obligation for yourself # 1, to prioritize your health. Secondly, as a professional athlete, you should have the commitment during the off season to stay in shape. If you want a longer and healthier life, star making changes. Ensure you are taking all necessary minerals such as magnesium and potassium. Get your D3 from the sun. Start eating greens and stay off the simple carbohydrates.

We as fans, are extremely excited to see a strong OL, but without your health, it is just a pipe dream for us long suffering fans. 

I wish you a speedy recovery and start changing your lifestyle.

I realize you mean well and believe what you say.  But what very large men like Becton need is a balanced diet with regular low impact cardiovascular workouts like swimming. 

Liam Hemsworth lived on a vegan diet for years and looked like a champion bodybuilder.  He then developed huge kidney stones that required immediate surgery.   Google it.  Plant based diets are not the answer and carry their own special kind of danger.   I have known more than one vegetarian who got themselves into trouble.  He needs a balanced diet that avoids binges without enough exercise to counterbalance his caloric intake.  This remains stubbornly true regardless of what is on the plate from one day to the next.  

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

That’s like 5% weight loss. He needs to lose 10% - 12% and come into camp at 320-330

To me the emphasis on his actual weight is not as important as his regular exercise with plenty of cardiovascular exercise to burn those calories and maintain good muscle.  If he works at staying in top physical condition he will have a longer player career and greatly improve his odds of a longer and healthier life.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Holy hell he’s already soft enough. Feeding him like a bunny isn’t the answer. He needs to soak his foot in Epsom salts and let someone else get his food  at the buffet table for a week or so. 

Very true.  Feeding him like a bunny is not the answer, LOL.  But a foot injury is also big trouble for big men.  It is a big deal in professional basketball due to the physics of large tall men like Becton.

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Douglas made a mistake passing on Tristen Wirfs. Jets need a starting caliber backup left tackle on the roster at all times. Jets need to sign Morgan Mosses so he could fill in as the left tackle when Becton goes down.

I do not know about that.  We are still on the first page of what we all hope is a long interesting book.  But signing Moses makes sense if we can do so on a three year deal with a two year commitment for reasonable money.  A decent backup tackle is always a good investment whether that turns out to be Moses or Fant.

1 hour ago, K_O_Brien said:

Didn't we hire the US Winter Olympics guy, Brad DeWesse as part of our Athletic Care and Performance? He came across with some impressive credentials. Let's hope he can get involved positively in situations such as what this sounds like. 

Now THIS is a good idea that brings together lots of the advice in this thread.  Several have said that he needs to cleanse his system and also lose weight.  DeWesse needs to bring him to Lake Placid or some other Olympic venue.  Then tie him to a Skeleton Sled and send him down the bobsled course a few dozen times. 

If that were done to me I would surely sh!t out every last gram residing within my innards while I sweated profusely throughout.  By the time I was done with the 20th run, I would have lost 50 lbs.  I would also never show up at Jet facilities overweight again knowing my training coach might drag me to Lake Placid for his unique therapy.

image.jpeg.104203b43175924f302b36ab43c78221.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think your head would explode if Becton actually suffered a serious injury once in his career. 

The guy has been oversized his entire career. He missed 1 game in 3 years in college and missed a couple of games during a tank year last year where the Jets were being overly cautious with all their young assets (See Mims missing half the year  with a bad hammy). 

Everyone needs to relax  about missed time in OTAs on June 4th. 

That's a lot of weight to be carrying around.I know that other o-lineman have played at a high level at that weight, but it still is a question mark. His longevity.

57 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You've chosen to ignore content by Bronx.

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@Bronx  is correct about Becton taking better care of himself and eating healthier if it means keeping him on the football field. 

The NY Jets need Becton healthy. 

meow GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@Bronx  is correct about Becton taking better care of himself and eating healthier if it means keeping him on the football field. 

The NY Jets need Becton healthy. 

Next contract needs to have weight clauses and bonus for coming to camp at a certain weight

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, clayton163v said:
4 hours ago, Bronx said:

I realize you mean well and believe what you say.  But what very large men like Becton need is a balanced diet with regular low impact cardiovascular workouts like swimming. 

Liam Hemsworth lived on a vegan diet for years and looked like a champion bodybuilder.  He then developed huge kidney stones that required immediate surgery.   Google it.  Plant based diets are not the answer and carry their own special kind of danger.   I have known more than one vegetarian who got themselves into trouble.  He needs a balanced diet that avoids binges without enough exercise to counterbalance his caloric intake.  This remains stubbornly true regardless of what is on the plate from one day to the next.  

I wonder how often did Hemsworth detoxed. What was.the cause of his kidney stones? My understanding is that excess calcium and magnesium deficiency are two factors. 

I agree with low impact training such as swimming.

I'll definitely look into it, thank you.

• Upvote 1

I feel like the kid came in, played pretty well, started reading his positive press, and then his play dropped off later in the season.

Purely speculation, but maybe the high praise caused him to think he was better than he is or not work as hard as he could?

I hope he finds a way to get motivated because the talent is there to dominate the league if he puts in the training. 

• Upvote 1