Becton Has Foot Issue

KRL

7 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

This is actually horrible news. My girlfriend has this and it is extremely  painful and she has the chronic kind. Cortisone shots are the only treatment but they don't  always last long enough. There are some therapeutic treatments  as well but they take a really long time to help. I recall one of the Knicks had this years ago and he was on the shelf for 2 months. 

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

You planning on this being your meme-schtick for all of 2021 then?

I called it last year. 

The moment we fired his lover boy Adam Gase I knew SAR would A.) Put pressure on our next 1st year coach. B.) Criticize Joe Douglas like no tomorrow and C.) Find different ways to troll. 

Dude sucked off Adam Gase but yet disrespects Joe Namath...  

The end. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I disagree. Doesn’t seem overly susceptible to the type of injuries that shorten career. He’s just baby poop soft. I mean plantar fasciitis? Seriously? 

This is totally serious. He may be hindered by this all season and you can't  take cortisone shots more than 6 months apart.  He better wait on that until the a week before preseason. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is totally serious. He may be hindered by this all season and you can't  take cortisone shots more than 6 months apart.  He better wait on that until the a week before preseason. 

OMG it’s an out of shape old person thing for Christ sake, not talking Lisfranc fracture here. Get him orthotics and a cortisone blister pack then get him back in there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OMG it’s an out of shape old person thing for Christ sake, not talking Lisfranc fracture here. Get him orthotics and a cortisone blister pack them get him back in there. 

It's  inflammation. Orthotics won't help. Any weight on his heel will cause pain. I just had tendinitis in my foot which is about the same thing. All you can do is stretch,  warm compresses or a shot. Stupidly i didn't  get the shot because my Girlfriend  had a bad experience  with it but t next time Im getting it. I suffered for 6 weeks with that foot

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  inflammation. Orthotics won't help. Any weight on his heel will cause pain. I just had tendinitis in my foot which is about the same thing. All you can do is stretch,  warm compresses or a shot. Stupidly i didn't  get the shot because my Girlfriend  had a bad experience  with it but t next time Im getting it. I suffered for 6 weeks with that foot

I’m glad your feeling better. Orthotics would be more preventative once they quelled the inflammation. Applying pressure while  stretching over a lacrosse ball in hot water water with Epsom salts could help. Love you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

Penny wise, pound foolish.  SMH.

There will be nothing foolish about it when Crowder ends up remaining a Jet, possibly thru 2022, but simply at a lower price.  

This is a business.  Douglas has done well with the business and $$$ side of things.  Even his biggest critics probably can admit at least that.  

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know why you're playing it down. My experience was a lot of pain. I was able to play ball through torn labrums in both my shoulders (different times) but the plantar fasciitis shut me down until it was fixed.

Didn't it derail/end Donovan McNabb's career, too?

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

OMG it’s an out of shape old person thing for Christ sake, not talking Lisfranc fracture here. Get him orthotics and a cortisone blister pack then get him back in there. 

This post by The Crusher memorialized in photograph by his loving wife.

gUyQeKQ.jpg

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There will be nothing foolish about it when Crowder ends up remaining a Jet, possibly thru 2022, but simply at a lower price.  

This is a business.  Douglas has done well with the business and $$$ side of things.  Even his biggest critics probably can admit at least that.  

It feels like after Alex Lewis took a pay cut will see something similar with Crowder, possibly including the addition of another year to the contract which might surprise some but not me. Following those two things it wouldn’t be shocking to see the Jets announce a deal with Marcus Maye. That would feel like a nice way to put a ribbon around the roster for the season with the exception of one or two more additions that we know are coming such as backup QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I think Beckton should be in everyones doghouse. Said he wanted to shed weight at the end of the year. Didn't lose a pound. Listening to Saleh's comments the door to the doghouse could open if he doesn't start taking care of himself.

Breaking News :rl:

Mekhi Becton is wanted for questioning in the hi-jacking of a TastyKake truck.

The truck had just left the warehouse and was making its first stop. 

Witnesses said a very big man limping about  6' 7" wearing a #77 NY Jets jersey jumped in and took off. 

The vehicle and its driver are still missing .

image.thumb.png.bb66847a60c6f682d530ea7ab630839b.png

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, KRL said:

Brian Costello@BrianCoz 8m

Saleh said Mekhi Becton is dealing with a foot injury. That is why we haven't seen him at OTAs. #nyj

Like I said, I'm not sure if this guy can sustain that much weight without having issues. I hope I'm wrong because he has the potential to be a huge talent but he better think about getting his weight down in the 330 to 335 range which will be plenty and give him a bit more quickness to deal with edge rushers and take a lot of pressure off his feet and ankles.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

This is actually horrible news. My girlfriend has this and it is extremely  painful and she has the chronic kind. Cortisone shots are the only treatment but they don't  always last long enough. There are some therapeutic treatments  as well but they take a really long time to help. I recall one of the Knicks had this years ago and he was on the shelf for 2 months. 

Joakim Noah. Others include Payton Manning , Albert Pujols , Jason Kidd , Evan Longoria. I understand these athletes had short disappointing careers so not good examples.

4 minutes ago, Snook said:

Joakim Noah. Others include Payton Manning , Albert Pujols , Jason Kidd , Evan Longoria. I understand these athletes had short disappointing careers so not good examples.

I wasn't  implying this is career ending but to have it this close to the season is really bad news especially  since he plays the most important  role on the OL and we have a rookie QB

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Plantar is inflammation. It's not a tear. 

I’ve had it. It can tear which would require surgery. Mine wasn’t torn. Physical therapy took care of it. Dr also said to get custom Orthotics, which I got. They do help especially for high arches. I can’t speak to flat feet.