Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Becton is the Joel Embiid of the Jets. 

If he reaches anything close to Joel Embiid’s level of play we should be happy.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

plantar fasciitis can really suck. Feels like you're stepping on a nail every step. 

Reality is that Becton needs to lose 40 pounds. It won't affect his power, will make him faster and will greatly decrease the stress on his joints.

I cannot take this any more.  Would you people PLEASE STOP BITCHING.  This is JUNE.  He is still working out and in all the class sessions.  The kid is a developing player.  Last year he received ZERO

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

 

This is actually horrible news. My girlfriend has this and it is extremely  painful and she has the chronic kind. Cortisone shots are the only treatment but they don't  always last long enough. There are some therapeutic treatments  as well but they take a really long time to help. I recall one of the Knicks had this years ago and he was on the shelf for 2 months. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Warfish said:

You planning on this being your meme-schtick for all of 2021 then?

I called it last year. 

The moment we fired his lover boy Adam Gase I knew SAR would A.) Put pressure on our next 1st year coach. B.) Criticize Joe Douglas like no tomorrow and C.) Find different ways to troll. 

Dude sucked off Adam Gase but yet disrespects Joe Namath...  

The end. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Calling it now. Becton is gonna have a short injury riddled career. 

I was afraid of this when he was drafted.

People as big as him aren't  supposed to move like that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I disagree. Doesn’t seem overly susceptible to the type of injuries that shorten career. He’s just baby poop soft. I mean plantar fasciitis? Seriously? 

This is totally serious. He may be hindered by this all season and you can't  take cortisone shots more than 6 months apart.  He better wait on that until the a week before preseason. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is totally serious. He may be hindered by this all season and you can't  take cortisone shots more than 6 months apart.  He better wait on that until the a week before preseason. 

OMG it’s an out of shape old person thing for Christ sake, not talking Lisfranc fracture here. Get him orthotics and a cortisone blister pack then get him back in there. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OMG it’s an out of shape old person thing for Christ sake, not talking Lisfranc fracture here. Get him orthotics and a cortisone blister pack them get him back in there. 

It's  inflammation. Orthotics won't help. Any weight on his heel will cause pain. I just had tendinitis in my foot which is about the same thing. All you can do is stretch,  warm compresses or a shot. Stupidly i didn't  get the shot because my Girlfriend  had a bad experience  with it but t next time Im getting it. I suffered for 6 weeks with that foot

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  inflammation. Orthotics won't help. Any weight on his heel will cause pain. I just had tendinitis in my foot which is about the same thing. All you can do is stretch,  warm compresses or a shot. Stupidly i didn't  get the shot because my Girlfriend  had a bad experience  with it but t next time Im getting it. I suffered for 6 weeks with that foot

I’m glad your feeling better. Orthotics would be more preventative once they quelled the inflammation. Applying pressure while  stretching over a lacrosse ball in hot water water with Epsom salts could help. Love you. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Warfish said:

Penny wise, pound foolish.  SMH.

There will be nothing foolish about it when Crowder ends up remaining a Jet, possibly thru 2022, but simply at a lower price.  

This is a business.  Douglas has done well with the business and $$$ side of things.  Even his biggest critics probably can admit at least that.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know why you're playing it down. My experience was a lot of pain. I was able to play ball through torn labrums in both my shoulders (different times) but the plantar fasciitis shut me down until it was fixed.

Didn't it derail/end Donovan McNabb's career, too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I think most of the doctors here are giving partly bad info

 

 

Pessimism and bad takes? Here?!? I won’t believe it!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

OMG it’s an out of shape old person thing for Christ sake, not talking Lisfranc fracture here. Get him orthotics and a cortisone blister pack then get him back in there. 

This post by The Crusher memorialized in photograph by his loving wife.

gUyQeKQ.jpg

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetty said:

If he reaches anything close to Joel Embiid’s level of play we should be happy.

Embiid has a meniscus tear and is likely not going to make it through the playoffs. A great player on the bench is useless to the team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There will be nothing foolish about it when Crowder ends up remaining a Jet, possibly thru 2022, but simply at a lower price.  

This is a business.  Douglas has done well with the business and $$$ side of things.  Even his biggest critics probably can admit at least that.  

It feels like after Alex Lewis took a pay cut will see something similar with Crowder, possibly including the addition of another year to the contract which might surprise some but not me. Following those two things it wouldn’t be shocking to see the Jets announce a deal with Marcus Maye. That would feel like a nice way to put a ribbon around the roster for the season with the exception of one or two more additions that we know are coming such as backup QB.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Beckton should be in everyones doghouse. Said he wanted to shed weight at the end of the year. Didn't lose a pound. Listening to Saleh's comments the door to the doghouse could open if he doesn't start taking care of himself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Nice but  very very poor cheese placement and using cheese that looks like mustard.

Looks like melted cheese wiz. 

Seat all the time used. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Breaking News :rl:

Mekhi Becton is wanted for questioning in the hi-jacking of a TastyKake truck.

The truck had just left the warehouse and was making its first stop. 

Witnesses said a very big man limping about  6' 7" wearing a #77 NY Jets jersey jumped in and took off. 

The vehicle and its driver are still missing .

image.thumb.png.bb66847a60c6f682d530ea7ab630839b.png

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, genot said:

This post by The Crusher memorialized in photograph by his loving wife.

gUyQeKQ.jpg

That was before we met. My mom took that one. 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KRL said:

Brian Costello@BrianCoz 8m

Saleh said Mekhi Becton is dealing with a foot injury. That is why we haven't seen him at OTAs. #nyj

Like I said, I'm not sure if this guy can sustain that much weight without having issues. I hope I'm wrong because he has the potential to be a huge talent but he better think about getting his weight down in the 330 to 335 range which will be plenty and give him a bit more quickness to deal with edge rushers and take a lot of pressure off his feet and ankles.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

This is actually horrible news. My girlfriend has this and it is extremely  painful and she has the chronic kind. Cortisone shots are the only treatment but they don't  always last long enough. There are some therapeutic treatments  as well but they take a really long time to help. I recall one of the Knicks had this years ago and he was on the shelf for 2 months. 

Joakim Noah. Others include Payton Manning , Albert Pujols , Jason Kidd , Evan Longoria. I understand these athletes had short disappointing careers so not good examples.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Snook said:

Joakim Noah. Others include Payton Manning , Albert Pujols , Jason Kidd , Evan Longoria. I understand these athletes had short disappointing careers so not good examples.

I wasn't  implying this is career ending but to have it this close to the season is really bad news especially  since he plays the most important  role on the OL and we have a rookie QB

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It’s hell after 50. Haha 

Helluva lotta fun. 

I tell people all the time who piss me off. 

A life sentence doesn't look all that bad anymore.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Plantar is inflammation. It's not a tear. 

I’ve had it. It can tear which would require surgery. Mine wasn’t torn. Physical therapy took care of it. Dr also said to get custom Orthotics, which I got. They do help especially for high arches. I can’t speak to flat feet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...