Becton Has Foot Issue

KRL

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Whoa, we're blaming a player and not the coaching staff?

Hmm.

SAR I

Actually, I blame Gase.  Becton's injury situation began with the ridiculous decision to not start him because of a shoulder injury, but suit him up for a game last year.  Why do that with a talented rookie who has a potential 10-15 year career ahead of him?  You play it safe. If he is not healthy enough to start, he is not healthy enough to dress at all.  Then Becton's replacement was injured early in the  game , so Gase inserts an already injured Becton in the game and boom - he injures his shoulder.  Just horrendous.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, KRL said:

Brian Costello@BrianCoz 8m

Saleh said Mekhi Becton is dealing with a foot injury. That is why we haven't seen him at OTAs. #nyj

Of course he does. 

Luckily we have AVT who can play that position when Becton is hurt. 

9 hours ago, Bronx said:

Excess meat and animal products can cause inflammation on the body (heme protein, Neu5Gc). Also, simple carbohydrates (soda, soft drinks, cakes, bread, cereals, wheat) will alter your glucose, insulin, your nervous system and other critical organs.

Simple carbs, such as table sugar, white bread, sugary drinks are refined, which means the natural minerals vitamins, and fiber content is removed. This makes simple carbs a source of quick energy but little nutritious value, which is why there are sometimes referred to as "empty calories.".Sugar. Sugar is the simplest form of carbohydrate. https://www.delightedcooking.com/what-are-simple-carbohydrates.htm

Becton, you have the obligation for yourself # 1, to prioritize your health. Secondly, as a professional athlete, you should have the commitment during the off season to stay in shape. If you want a longer and healthier life, star making changes. Ensure you are taking all necessary minerals such as magnesium and potassium. Get your D3 from the sun. Start eating greens and stay off the simple carbohydrates.

We as fans, are extremely excited to see a strong OL, but without your health, it is just a pipe dream for us long suffering fans. 

I wish you a speedy recovery and start changing your lifestyle.

If only Americans would listen to this advice, COVID would have been way less of a problem.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I’ve had it. It can tear which would require surgery. Mine wasn’t torn. Physical therapy took care of it. Dr also said to get custom Orthotics, which I got. They do help especially for high arches. I can’t speak to flat feet. 

Usually your arches will fall if you get it. The Orthotics will just redistribute  your weight on your foot so you don't  over work any parts but it really won't  prevent that. Might help it take a longer time for a reoccurance 

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Usually your arches will fall if you get it. The Orthotics will just redistribute  your weight on your foot so you don't  over work any parts but it really won't  prevent that. Might help it take a longer time for a reoccurance 

Ok doke. It’s been 10+ yrs since...Guess my Dr was a quack. 

Description

An inflammation of a thick band of tissue that connects the heel bone to the toes.
The inflamed tissue runs across the bottom of the foot.
Symptoms include stabbing pain near the heel. Pain might be worst in the morning.
Treatments include physical therapy, shoe inserts, steroid injections, and surgery.

18 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Plantar Fasciitis does not heal like a sprain .... it can devestate this season.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

It took me a year for the pain to go away, and not come back. It sucked.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I wasn't  implying this is career ending but to have it this close to the season is really bad news especially  since he plays the most important  role on the OL and we have a rookie QB

I didn't mean you did . My bad. It was just the way the thread was going and you happened to be the closest  click. One would think he had gout. 

It took me a year for the pain to go away, and not come back. It sucked.
Yup

For a young overweight superstar have this kind of ailment is extremely and I underscore extremely ... disconcertingly ....he actually played less snaps last year than Darnold.

3 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Embiid has a meniscus tear and is likely not going to make it through the playoffs. A great player on the bench is useless to the team. 

I’m talking about him actually become a top 10-20 player in his league like Embiid. 

Of course him being injured does nothing for the team but Becton is far from being great player…yet.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Not encouraging. He needs to drop 20 pounds.

can you imagine the food bill in the Becton home. They must go through a few hundred pounds of meat in a week. They'd be better off raising their own cattle.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Am I the only one not overly concerned? It’s the beginning of June fellas. I get he’s heavy and he needs to lose weight. But he also played really well at that size last year…

Played well but had trouble staying on the field. He needs to get in better shape. He had all offseason to do so and lose weight and yet here we are. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Played well but had trouble staying on the field. He needs to get in better shape. He had all offseason to do so and lose weight and yet here we are. 
Very Concerning ... immature ? I want the best for this kid ... be a shame if he washes out due to lack of discipline.

Let's all just see how he handles this.

2 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Joe Douglas’ grade of C for the 2020 draft has now become a D. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

20 hours ago, Warfish said:

Tyrell: .......You were made as well as we could make you.

Batty: But not to last.

Tyrell: The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.....

One of my favorite movies and one of my favorite lines

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There will be nothing foolish about it when Crowder ends up remaining a Jet, possibly thru 2022, but simply at a lower price. 

I think you know my comment was in re: him possibly being cut for $$ reasons.

I am good if he is retained, extended/cheaper.  I want Crowder on the 2021 Jets.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Warfish said:

You planning on this being your meme-schtick for all of 2021 then?

Best part is he upvotes himself with post of the week

What kind of insecure person do you have to be to do this?

22 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Reality is that Becton needs to lose 40 pounds. It won't affect his power, will make him faster and will greatly decrease the stress on his joints.

Not saying you’re wrong.  How did you come up with 40lbs?  Did you do an obscure major on the BMI of dinosaurs in college?   The guy could be 420.  Gets down to 380 and everyone is telling him he looks marvelous.   I’m thinking minimum he needs to loose 120 and he would still be a giant.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Joe Douglas’ grade of C for the 2020 draft has now become a D. 

SAR I

You are a thread killer that add's nothing.  Really mean this - I love this board.  But the more you post the less I like it.  I'm all for someone with a different opinion but you're unbearable.  This place would be better off without you.

• Post of the Week 1

56 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Not saying you’re wrong.  How did you come up with 40lbs?  Did you do an obscure major on the BMI of dinosaurs in college?   The guy could be 420.  Gets down to 380 and everyone is telling him he looks marvelous.   I’m thinking minimum he needs to loose 120 and he would still be a giant.

There's no way he's under 4 bills.

11 hours ago, Jetty said:

I’m talking about him actually become a top 10-20 player in his league like Embiid. 

Of course him being injured does nothing for the team but Becton is far from being great player…yet.

I knew what you were saying. Unfortunately, Embiid comes as a package. Great player for the limited minutes he plays. He can't play a full game, and misses games due to injury or planned rest. I don't want Becton to be the next Embiid. If Becton played at an Embiid level but had Embiid levels of missed playing time, I'll pass on that. I'm a Sixers fan, and I hope that the Sixers trade Embiid in the offseason for a haul. He is a giant eggshell. 

Needless to say, I am rooting for Becton to have a long, pain free career. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

If he isn't available due to an injury a significant amount of time then he's a bust. Shoulda drafted the kid from Iowa. 

If Wirfs never proves he can play LT, then no, Wirfs would not have been the better pick.  Becton not staying healthy would be unfortunate (but I happen to think he'll prove the doubters wrong and play a full 17 games this year or at least 15-16), and I suppose you could argue that risk was built into his value based on his size.  No way he falls to 11 with his skillset if he wasn't as big as he is while still retaining 90+ % of his skillset.  

But when on the field Becton has proven he can play LT at a dominant level.  Quality LT's are hard to find and you generally have to use high picks to find one.  He was worth the risk.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

He’s 400 lbs, he’s going to be hurt all the time

just hope he can play through most of it and be in the field more than not, in his somewhat short career-7-8 years

the obvious reason to why Wirfs was the pick 

JD Post 2020 OL PFF

Screenshot_20210605-123920.png