Where contract negotiations between Seahawks, Jamal Adams could hit a snag

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I’m rarely wrong, it’s just a fact.  And why would I need to change reality? Lol

Look, I know you want this badly and trying desperately for Tom’s approval and got some rep for your cute cherry picking but I was literally proven right, 100% and the Jets are better for it because they don’t receive 2 firsts if I was wrong. 

The JiF of June 2020 may well have agreed that the Jets trading Adams for two 1sts and a 3rd would be a good thing for the Jets, despite your lofty opinion of Adams.  But the JiF of June 2020 also felt the Seahawks were getting a great, phenomenal, future HOF player, and you still believe that to this day, even with very strong evidence that counters that very viewpoint.

Explain why Jamal Adams hasn't gotten paid yet, even after the team mortgaged their future to acquire him, if he really is as phenomenal as you STILL think he is?  Perhaps a bit of buyer's remorse on that end?  Perhaps the realization that he's dogsh*t in coverage but he's a constant injury risk if he's used as a pass rusher?  Perhaps because he should be playing WLB but no WLB is worth $18M+ per season?  Pick any of those 3 answers you'd like, or all of them.  Because they're all true.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For Sacks by a Safety?  Who gives a f**k?  It took him 97 blitz attempts to do it, the Seahawks didn't win a thing, and he got hurt in the process because he's an undersized WLB who has no business being a pass rusher.

And when he didn't get to the QB, he put the rest of the secondary into trouble.  Hence a big reason why the Seahawks were one of the worst pass defenses in the league last season (another contributing factor being his own awful coverage, as one of the 50 worst players in coverage in the league last season).  His sacks did nothing for his team.

Bill Murray Yes GIF by IFC

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For Sacks by a Safety?  Who gives a f**k?  It took him 97 blitz attempts to do it, the Seahawks didn't win a thing, and he got hurt in the process because he's an undersized WLB who has no business being a pass rusher.

And when he didn't get to the QB, he put the rest of the secondary into trouble.  Hence a big reason why the Seahawks were one of the worst pass defenses in the league last season (another contributing factor being his own awful coverage, as one of the 50 worst players in coverage in the league last season).  His sacks did nothing for his team.

Record breaking season and you’re like, yeah butt!!!  Lol. Dude...

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The JiF of June 2020 may well have agreed that the Jets trading Adams for two 1sts and a 3rd would be a good thing for the Jets, despite your lofty opinion of Adams.  But the JiF of June 2020 also felt the Seahawks were getting a great, phenomenal, future HOF player, and you still believe that to this day, even with very strong evidence that counters that very viewpoint.

Explain why Jamal Adams hasn't gotten paid yet, even after the team mortgaged their future to acquire him, if he really is as phenomenal as you STILL think he is?  Perhaps a bit of buyer's remorse on that end?  Perhaps the realization that he's dogsh*t in coverage but he's a constant injury risk if he's used as a pass rusher?  Perhaps because he should be playing WLB but no WLB is worth $18M+ per season?  Pick any of those 3 answers you'd like, or all of them.  Because they're all true.  

What is happening now has nothing to do with my accuracy on the situation given the timeline of events. 

Explain why the Jets got 2 first round picks? 

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

He is a liability on the passing game. Seattle wanted to bonafide his status by giving him easy "walk on" sacks in which he was credited. In other words, Seattle knew they f'up on the trade and wanted to salvage their image by handing him those easy sacks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fk Jamal Adams; 

We've now got one of my favorite FSU products...

image.png.6d755def75c7e1ca6b88f8084c5a22ab.png

In all seriousness I was mocking and laughing at each and every one of you guys who wanted to accept Jerry Jones' offer of a single 1st round #17th overall draft pick ?? and always claimed from day one that #33's draft value consisted of two 1st round draft picks + a 4th (J.D did better than my thoughts with two 1st round picks and a 3rd) and now I've got the last laugh and can't wait to see both Alijah Vera-Tucker + 2022nd's 1st round pick. 

image.png.19a6e4bc2a108ec58dfc8ceaa65a7c31.png

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

What is happening now has nothing to do with my accuracy on the situation given the timeline of events. 

Explain why the Jets got 2 first round picks? 

You were accurate about one thing:  That Jamal Adams would net a great package of picks in a trade.  Seattle ended up suckers, and now they have buyer's remorse.  It happens.  Well done for being right about that.  I didn't seriously think that one of the 31 teams out there would value Adams that highly.  I was wrong on that, and was very, very happy to be wrong.

Every single other thing you've said about the situation was wrong.  Every single one.  So your "victory lap" on being right about one thing is undeserved because you were wrong about 20 other things.  On the other end of the debate, I and a bunch of others were only wrong about what the Jets would get back.  We were right about everything else.

Yet here you are STILL crowing about Jamal being special and about his precious sack record when I have demonstrated time and again how little Jamal Adams actually brings to the table and how much of a liability he is.

Again, just take the L and sit there in your wrongness.  You are on the other side of the table on this one.

• Upvote 1

He is a liability on the passing game. Seattle wanted to bonafide his status by giving him easy "walk on" sacks in which he was credited. In other words, Seattle knew they f'up on the trade and wanted to salvage their image by handing him those easy sacks.

I agree. Seattle thought he was going to better in their system with coverage. When they realized he was not so great they change their scheme and had him blitz.

Jamal is a good player when you can rotate him in and out of a game or scheme around his limitations. Is he the $18 plus million player? NOPE. I think he also learned it was much easier to talk when you are the “best player” on a team (the Jets and it was by default) than a team that has actual stars.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Celebrating this record would be the equivalent of celebrating a Punter breaking the passing yards for a punter record.  

It's so silly to celebrate it its actually quite sad.  Despite this "record breaking" stat Seattle doesn't want to pay him for the myriad reasons I provided.  Why?  Because when it comes to things that are sustainable and actually matter, Jamal Adams sucked last year.  Hence a big reason why the team had one of the worst pass defenses in the league and Seattle was one-and-done in the postseason.  And its also why Seattle fans are pissed off, because their GM gave up two 1sts and a 3rd for THAT.  

He will never again approach those sack numbers, because he will constantly get hurt if he tries.  And if Seattle uses him as a traditional safety, he'll suck because he can't cover or get INTs.  That isn't a player you hand $18M+ per year to.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

I am.sure he regrets bashing the Jets. It has cost him. He has being exposed. I'm sure he is looking at us know with regrets. "The grass is not always greener on the other side".

By the way, FU Jamie.

That is the problem with youth.; they lack wisdom.  Wisdom is what you get when you experience life and learn from your mistakes.  Something that Jamal is hopefully learning as you suggest.

And by the way, FU Jamie.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Now he's an injury risk? 

Funny because throughout 4 years he's only missed a total of 6 games (despite playing as physical as they come). 

You know what else is true? Despite what fans such as yourself type out loud? 

He's throughout only 4 years already an All-Rookie, 3x Pro Bowler and 3x All-Pro (voted by the same voters who will one day vote him into the HOF) due to...

After 4 years having already recorded 356 tackles (269 solo), 52 Quarterback Pressures, 39 tackles for loss, 37.0 QB hits, 21.5 sacks, 7 forced fumbles, 4 fumble recoveries, 2 INTs and 2 Defensive TD's. 

Regardless if lined up @ SS or OLB within the box those are awesome numbers to have while only heading into your 5th season. 

and if you're going to be absolutely laughable and nitpick a SS's INT numbers, you should really begin to harp all over Marcus Maye.

You know. The supposed "ball hawking" FREE SAFETY (same exact position as Ed Reed played) who's only got a grand total of a WHOOPING 6 INT's (with seasons of only 1, 2, 1 & 2 INTs); which is freaking PATHETIC for a supposed ball hawking FREE SAFETY ????

Jamal Adams is on everyone's (experts) top 100 list and nothing you can type out loud can ever change that...

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Now he's an injury risk? 

Funny because throughout 4 years he's only missed a total of 6 games (despite playing as physical as they come). 

You know what else is true? Despite what fans such as yourself type out loud? 

He's throughout only 4 years already an All-Rookie, 3x Pro Bowler and 3x All-Pro (voted by the same voters who will one day vote him into the HOF) due to...

After 4 years having already recorded 356 tackles (269 solo), 52 Quarterback Pressures, 39 tackles for loss, 37.0 QB hits, 21.5 sacks, 7 forced fumbles, 4 fumble recoveries, 2 INTs and 2 Defensive TD's. 

Regardless if lined up @ SS or OLB within the box those are awesome numbers to have while only heading into your 5th season. 

and if you're going to be absolutely laughable and nitpick a SS's INT numbers, you should really begin to harp all over Marcus Maye.

You know. The supposed "ball hawking" FREE SAFETY (same exact position as Ed Reed played) who's only got a grand total of a WHOOPING 6 INT's (with seasons of only 1, 2, 1 & 2 INTs); which is freaking PATHETIC for a supposed ball hawking FREE SAFETY ????

Jamal Adams is on everyone's (experts) top 100 list and nothing you can type out loud can ever change that...

I bet Jamal wished all that success paid better right now. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

image.thumb.png.c17169436b0997bf95ed228d1eaf56c6.png

image.thumb.png.f4c16ded53ba023bb0d6511cae7c63c7.png

image.png.11113544e56b56bef8e8b17750f9d011.png

image.thumb.png.de090501e6a0a8484470c1f65711bc3e.png

@SAR I would love this kids... WATCH!

image.thumb.png.9daf25a7595d47e0734ca3a1362d6cfc.png

image.png.57e430b48d31b1d432b0c7a11438a312.png

image.png.757d0801c2879cd9dd431ae31f35dca6.png

I'm sorry, um, you were saying....?

image.png.3a849cb682b81bf70b6183cb752a8831.png

???

He shot his way  out of town for more money. Still hasn’t got it yet. So you think those things make him happy and satisfied with his current financial situation? If they did, he wouldn’t have to take pictures of them to show people.

Bottom line is the only person that benefits from Jamal’s play is Jamal. For all he does, the one thing he doesn’t do is make a defense better. That’s what teams pay big money for, difference makers, he’s all show, clapping and  celebrating nothing but himself. He’s literally a liability to any D he plays for.

18 mill plus? Haha That’s a lot of money for a defender who’s strongest attribute is running free towards the QB leaving the secondary a player short in coverage. Then by the end of the season he was pulling up on tackles because he was hurt from running towards QBs and  into offensive lineman. Not sure what value that has for a team but it’s not nearly what Jamal thinks Jamal is worth. Hope for his sake he saved a few dollars. Fool and  his money and all. 

• Upvote 1

He shot his way  out of town for more money. Still hasn’t got it yet. So you think those things make him happy and satisfied with his current financial situation? If they did, he wouldn’t have to take pictures of them to show people.

Bottom line is the only person that benefits from Jamal’s play is Jamal. For all he does, the one thing he doesn’t do is make a defense better. That’s what teams pay big money for, difference makers, he’s all show, clapping and  celebrating nothing but himself. He’s literally a liability to any D he plays for.

18 mill plus? Haha That’s a lot of money for a defender who’s strongest attribute is running free towards the QB leaving the secondary a player short in coverage. Then by the end of the season he was pulling up on tackles because he was hurt from running towards QBs and  into offensive lineman. Not sure what value that has for a team but it’s not nearly what Jamal thinks Jamal is worth. Hope for his sake he saved a few dollars. Fool and  his money and all. 

Agree to all of this. He has earned himself of being the equivalent of the RB on defense. Overused at running to much larger players and will have a short self life. Smart teams don’t pay for the RB’s second contract and likely won’t pay for Adam’s second contract. With Mac out of the league it may be hard for him to find a sucker to pay home that 4 year 85 million contract.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, kthisguy said:

Agree to all of this. He has earned himself of being the equivalent of the RB on defense. Overused at running to much larger players and will have a short self life. Smart teams don’t pay for the RB’s second contract and likely won’t pay for Adam’s second contract. With Mac out of the league it may be hard for him to find a sucker to pay home that 4 year 85 million contract.

It’s really as simply as that. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

image.thumb.png.c17169436b0997bf95ed228d1eaf56c6.png

image.thumb.png.f4c16ded53ba023bb0d6511cae7c63c7.png

image.png.11113544e56b56bef8e8b17750f9d011.png

image.thumb.png.de090501e6a0a8484470c1f65711bc3e.png

@SAR I would love this kids... WATCH!

image.thumb.png.9daf25a7595d47e0734ca3a1362d6cfc.png

image.png.57e430b48d31b1d432b0c7a11438a312.png

image.png.757d0801c2879cd9dd431ae31f35dca6.png

I'm sorry, um, you were saying....?

image.png.3a849cb682b81bf70b6183cb752a8831.png

???

Still riding that **** this hard .... You must have great soreness. I applaud your endurance.

Jamallpro is still a trashbag... we straight fleeced the Seahawks which we can all celebrate...

The only person that overvalues Jamallpro and his empty sack #'s more than you and peanut butter is Jamal himself.

I am impressed that you and others  have no shame. I too have no shame at times. 

Jamal ..... Blech blech retch gargle

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You were accurate about one thing:  That Jamal Adams would net a great package of picks in a trade.  Seattle ended up suckers, and now they have buyer's remorse.  It happens.  Well done for being right about that.  I didn't seriously think that one of the 31 teams out there would value Adams that highly.  I was wrong on that, and was very, very happy to be wrong.

Every single other thing you've said about the situation was wrong.  Every single one.  So your "victory lap" on being right about one thing is undeserved because you were wrong about 20 other things.  On the other end of the debate, I and a bunch of others were only wrong about what the Jets would get back.  We were right about everything else.

Yet here you are STILL crowing about Jamal being special and about his precious sack record when I have demonstrated time and again how little Jamal Adams actually brings to the table and how much of a liability he is.

Again, just take the L and sit there in your wrongness.  You are on the other side of the table on this one.

Victory lap?  I posted a gif laughing at the situation.  You proceed to cherry pick posts of mine prior to the bull sh*t he pulled as if you were proving a point that was never made.  

This is just making sure you’re silly little bull sh*t isn’t taken seriously.  I was right then and I’m right now.  

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Celebrating this record would be the equivalent of celebrating a Punter breaking the passing yards for a punter record.  

It's so silly to celebrate it its actually quite sad.  Despite this "record breaking" stat Seattle doesn't want to pay him for the myriad reasons I provided.  Why?  Because when it comes to things that are sustainable and actually matter, Jamal Adams sucked last year.  Hence a big reason why the team had one of the worst pass defenses in the league and Seattle was one-and-done in the postseason.  And its also why Seattle fans are pissed off, because their GM gave up two 1sts and a 3rd for THAT.  

He will never again approach those sack numbers, because he will constantly get hurt if he tries.  And if Seattle uses him as a traditional safety, he'll suck because he can't cover or get INTs.  That isn't a player you hand $18M+ per year to.

This is the dumbest take, ever.  

Victory lap?  I posted a gif laughing at the situation.  You proceed to cherry pick posts of mine prior to the bull sh*t he pulled as if you were proving a point that was never made.  

This is just making sure you’re silly little bull sh*t isn’t taken seriously.  I was right then and I’m right now.  

You still think Jamal Adams is a phenom.  Meaning you were never right. 

Your little laugh at the situation is unearned and no one respects your take on the matter.

Its you and DWC who still think Adams is great, dude.  DWC.  Ponder that for a while, as this should make you feel sad inside. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

He's not coming back.  Lets just get that out of the way up front.

It was a dumb move for Seattle, same as it would have been a very dumb move for us to give him a new contract.

F' him.

Pete Carroll rationalizing the Adams trade after he sits out 2021. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Please, please let Jamal cause locker room discord, and for Russell Wilson to miss several games with some vague injury because he doesn't want to be on the team anymore and didn't get traded like he wanted to be this offseason. 

I want Seattle to hand us a top 15 pick in 2022 so very badly.  

It would be such poetic justice if Seattle refuses to cave in to Adams contract demands and he sits out 2021. Followed by a train wreck of a season, where we end up with …….drum roll…… the 6th pick in 2022. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

It would be such poetic justice if Seattle refuses to cave in to Adams contract demands and he sits out 2021. Followed by a train wreck of a season, where we end up with …….drum roll…… the 6th pick in 2022. 

Nice thought but Jamal sitting out would more than likely lower our pick, but get Russel Wilson to join him? Bingo! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You still think Jamal Adams is a phenom.  Meaning you were never right. 

Your little laugh at the situation is unearned and no one respects your take on the matter.

Its you and DWC who still think Adams is great, dude.  DWC.  Ponder that for a while, as this should make you feel sad inside. 

Phenom?  Wtf?  Lol.  Good talk.  I win again 

• WTF? 1