Where contract negotiations between Seahawks, Jamal Adams could hit a snag

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To be fair, since eviscerating @JiFapono doesn't bring me as much joy as it would for many other posters, he did turn around and say he was wrong in late June of that year and called Adams' behavior "petulant" and "despicable".

But by the same token, I wasn't going to let anyone forget how he felt about Adams right up until hating Jamal Adams became mainstream on JN.  He wasn't ahead of the curve, he was well behind it.  

The real travesty is that @Gastineau Lives is no longer around to see what's going on in Seattle.  

I miss @Gastineau Lives :(

Not that he didn't totally ask for the ban, lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alka said:

What is so baffling to me is that when Jamal was with the Jets, he cried bloody murder to whoever would listen.

Now, he is as quiet as a church mouse.  

I really don't get it!

I am.sure he regrets bashing the Jets. It has cost him. He has being exposed. I'm sure he is looking at us know with regrets. "The grass is not always greener on the other side".

By the way, FU Jamie.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Jamal wants to be paid like he is the best safety in the league.

The Seahawks don't want to pay Jamal Adams as if he were the best safety in the league, because he isn't.

I could see where the negotiations could hit a snag.

Yet they wanted to pay for him like he was a top 5 defensive player in the league. Did they even study his actual film or did they just throw on a YouTube highlight video get a hard on and cough up 2 first round picks? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

the snag is he isnt a good pass coverage safety like the greats who get the top safety money. He is gadget guy who always ranks bottom in pass protection. I think his mindset and body was meant to be a OLB but obviusley need height/weight.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I can see a Leonard Williams situation where he gets tagged depending on his performance.

And undoubtedly Adams will refuse to play on the tag, and will try to pull a Le'Veon.  Given how injury prone is he can't afford to "bet on himself" and play on about the same salary as Marcus Maye is set to get in 2021, with zero security beyond the tag year.

The situation is getting more and more delicious by the day, as many of us knew it would.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SouthernJet said:

the snag is he isnt a good pass coverage safety like the greats who get the top safety money. He is gadget guy who always ranks bottom in pass protection. I think his mindset and body was meant to be a OLB but obviusley need height/weight.

He is a commodity, not a necessity.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Why don’t you show my posts after he said he wanted to be traded without a new contract you cherry picking bastard.

I acknowledged it already, you skimming bastard:

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To be fair, since eviscerating @JiFapono doesn't bring me as much joy as it would for many other posters, he did turn around and say he was wrong in late June of that year and called Adams' behavior "petulant" and "despicable".

But by the same token, I wasn't going to let anyone forget how he felt about Adams right up until hating Jamal Adams became mainstream on JN.  He wasn't ahead of the curve, he was well behind it.  

The real travesty is that @Gastineau Lives is no longer around to see what's going on in Seattle.  

You still deserve every ounce of criticism for your horrific takes prior to that date, as well as your attempt to take a victory lap less than a year later.  You aren't on the squad, brah!

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I acknowledged it already, you skimming bastard:

You still deserve every ounce of criticism for your horrific takes prior to that date, as well as your attempt to take a victory lap less than a year later.  You aren't on the squad, brah!

Yeah but I was right before he did that 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And undoubtedly Adams will refuse to play on the tag, and will try to pull a Le'Veon.  Given how injury prone is he can't afford to "bet on himself" and play on about the same salary as Marcus Maye is set to get in 2021, with zero security beyond the tag year.

The situation is getting more and more delicious by the day, as many of us knew it would.

$5 less than Maye please. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

$5 less than Maye please. 

That would be sweet.  All it would take is for the average of the top 5 safety salaries to drop a bit between now and when the Seahawks tag Adams. 

Always a possibility considering I don't think there are any Safeties out there right with expiring contracts coming up who are going to re-set the market.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You were wrong at every turn.  Wrong about Jamal Adams being a "game changer", wrong about what he was going to do the rest of his career, wrong about his behavior, wrong about how long his popularity would last, and wrong that the Jets should have "just paid the man".

At every turn, wrong.  Now just sit their in your wrongness.  

True but consistent B) 

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Absolutely not.  You demonstrated zero ability to see what was coming like many others here did.

And then Jamal Adams went out and put up one of the worst coverage performances in the NFL last season, while accumulating some empty sacks which only served to getting him hurt (as many of us noted was a risk of sending an undersized WLB on 90+ blitzes a season against giant OT's).  

His inability to actually play the Safety position (I.E. cover people occasionally and get some INTs) was always going to be far more of a detriment to his career in the long-run than anything else he brought to the table.  Ideally, he should just be playing WLB, but then you don't pay a LB who isn't an EDGE rusher $18M+ per season, or anything close to it.  

You were wrong at every turn.  Wrong about Jamal Adams being a "game changer", wrong about what he was going to do the rest of his career, wrong about his behavior being likable in any way, wrong about how long his popularity would last, and wrong that the Jets should have "just paid the man".

At every turn, wrong.  Now just sit there in your wrongness.  

I was 100% right at every turn and I’m still right now.  

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

JiF wasn't wrong. Adams is a phenomenal player. But when was the last time anyone said their team was a safety away from winning a championship.

Pac is just a boob who sucks at mafia.

He was never "phenomenal" and all the things he was good at are things that don't matter in the modern game.  Hence why he hasn't won a thing in his life. 

There are quite a few guys who get sacks, forced fumbles AND interceptions and pass deflections in the NFL.  Meaning Adams isn't special at all.  Especially since he doesn't get INT's or PD's and Marcus Maye forced more fumbles (2) than Adams did (1) despite playing a more traditional safety role for a bad Jets team.

Just look at what TJ Watt does.  Last year he had 15 sacks, 2 FFs, 1 INT and 7 PDs.  The year before that, he had 14.5 sacks, 8 FFs, 2 INTs, and 8 PDs.  If Jamal Adams is "special" or "phenomenal" then what does that make Watt?  Because he does all 4 things better than Adams.

Or how about Darius Leonard?  In 3 seasons, he has 15 career sacks, 9 FFs, 7 INTs, and 22 PDs.  Leonard has Adams beat in 2 of those categories, and he's played 1 less season than Adams.

Last season in Seattle, he was ranked among the 50 worst players in the league in pass coverage, and his empty sacks did very little to help the team.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m rarely wrong, it’s just a fact.  And why would I need to change reality? Lol

Look, I know you want this badly and trying desperately for Tom’s approval and got some rep for your cute cherry picking but I was literally proven right, 100% and the Jets are better for it because they don’t receive 2 firsts if I was wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was never "phenomenal" and all the things he was good at are things that don't matter in the modern game.  Hence why he hasn't won a thing in his life. 

There are quite a few guys who get sacks, forced fumbles AND interceptions and pass deflections in the NFL.  Meaning Adams isn't special at all.  Especially since he doesn't get INT's or PD's and Marcus Maye forced more fumbles (2) than Adams did (1) despite playing a more traditional safety role for a bad Jets team.

Last season in Seattle, he was ranked among the 50 worst players in the league in pass coverage, and his empty sacks did very little to help the team.

He had a record breaking season.  Lmfao.  

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

He had a record breaking season.  Lmfao.  

For Sacks by a Safety?  Who gives a f**k?  It took him 97 blitz attempts to do it, the Seahawks didn't win a thing, and he got hurt in the process because he's an undersized WLB who has no business being a pass rusher.

And when he didn't get to the QB, he put the rest of the secondary into trouble.  Hence a big reason why the Seahawks were one of the worst pass defenses in the league last season (another contributing factor being his own awful coverage, as one of the 50 worst players in coverage in the league last season).  His sacks did nothing for his team.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1